• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Ace Trainer Jessie

call me ATJessie
    Years
    Just arriving in Viridian City.

Rex/Larvitar - lvl. 29 (in-training)
    Beranabus/Stantler - lvl. 50
    Korso/Rhydon - lvl. 55
    Tex/Jolteon - lv. 58
    Quest/Gyarados - lvl. 55
    Gamble/Charizard - lvl. 55

Badges: 14/16

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Totally completed my desired pokemon team.

Anyways, I'm in a bit of a bind since I do not know where to go now. I forgot, although I did finish beating Archer of Team Rocket and disbanded them completely. Guess it's off to fight Clair.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    About to restart my HG for (I think) the 7th time. This time, I'm doing a "no starter" run. I'm gonna try to use pokes I haven't before, and so far I planned out:
    ninetales (trade over), gengar, jumpluff, lanturn, noctowl, and scizor (used in a previous game, but didn't get all 16 badges in that one).

Ace Trainer Jessie

call me ATJessie
    Years
    Decided that my team sucked, so I'm currently grinding to level 50's with the new members. The only thing left to do is get the 8th Kanto badge - the Earth Badge - from Blue.

Team:
    Typhlosion (lvl 55)
    Gyarados (lvl 57)
    Dodrio (in training) (lvl 30)
    Pupitar (in training) (lvl 32)
    Jolteon (lvl 60)
    Stantler (lvl 53)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Beat bugsy today, and managed to get 3 of my wanted pokes. But I've changed my previous team layout. I managed to get a timid gastly, hoppip (now a skiploom), impish sandshrew, and adamant zubat (in friend ball!) May or may not use sandshrew in the long run.

EDIT: In the end, zubat didn't make the cut. A scyther (now a scizor) beat him out. After beating whitney thanks to skiploom, and Morty with sandslash knowing shadow claw, I evolved vulpix, and skipped the lighthouse and we right to Cianwood and beat chuck. Jumpluff did a superb job resisting all of his poliwrath's attacks. But I'm still looking for a chinchou worthy of being in my team.

Also, earlier I was farming for apricots (reset clock to 23:59), and the moment the clock turned over to 00:00, the apricot tree sparkled and the new apricot appeared! I'd never seen that before!
    EDIT: Caught a calm/volt absorb chinchou in a lure ball, taught it thunderbolt. Time to win at pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    I just got pokemon heart gold at gamestop today and I just receive a cyndiquil and a running shoes and I'm on the trail to Mr. Pokemon house.

Pancake86

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    Okay boys and girls. It's a long story. So sit back with a nice cup of...COFFEE! o_O; And read this mumbo jumbo of junko. Let's see how much I remember from when I first got the game.

September 26th 2010, I go to Gamestop, and for an early b-day present I get Soul Silver. So i'm like okay who do I choose. I chose Cyndaquil. Cute. Now thanks to my Aspergers/OCD/ADD/Anxiety/Bipolar/Depression, I can't EV or IV train for my frickin' LIFE! So i'm leveling up everyone equally cause i'm stupid like that lalalalalalalalalalalala. Oh boy and the Pokewalker is so MUCH fun. Put a Weedle in there and you get instant moonwalk entertaintment. Until I get to Cinnawood Island, i'm like stuck with mostly level 14 Pokemon so I took a break til about a month ago, grinded the Pokes a bit and bam got the 5th badge, then I got the 6th badge, cheated a little with tons of revives via the Pokewalker with the 7th badge, until DUNDUNDUN, the RADIO TOWER IS TAKEN OVER! And I can't beat Proton! WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Screw this. Dodododododododododododo Today I ...*takes out Pearl* WEAPONS! *uses her bro's DS to transfer weapons from Pearl to Soul Silver in my DS* Bobo the Swampert, Tai the Blaziken, Jax the Sceptile, and an extreemly random level 90 Groudon who's incredibly emo. xD So the five of us are like BAM POW WE DESTROYED THE TOWER! *cough* I mean saved...SAVED! So then we got the eigth badge and we beat some Kimno Girl butt, then Elm was like DUDE I GOTS A MASTERBALL! Okay free master ball for me. YAY! So we got a Lugia via a Heavy ball (thanks Kurt from Azela town), yes I still have my unused master ball. And then we go to the league and we were all like BAM POW BAM! GET A LIFE DRAGON LANCE LOSER!......

Then the five of us, me, Jax, Tai, Bobo, and Groudon sat there through the LAMEST CREDITS EVER! Bored out of our skull.

Sooooooo we're back in New Bark Town, Elm gives us a Ticket to Kanto, we go to Olivine City and we were about to get on the boat, but Oak here wanted to upgrade the dex, oh fine here it is. UPGRADED! We just stood there face to face with the man who will let us on the ship.....

Then I saved the game cause i'm too lazy to go to Kanto right now.

The end. Merry Christmas and a Happy 2011. Hopefully.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
    Just got Soul Silver for Christmas!
    Training for Falkner.

Team:
    Totodile (Toto) level 12
    Spearow (Beak) level 11
    Rattata (Seeds) level 11
    Geodude (Geo) level 13
    Paras (Paris) level 11
    Ponyta (Flare) level 10

Spearow, Geodude, Paras and Ponyta obtained VIA pokewalker ;D gotta love that thing

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I finally got to buy HeartGold for Christmas today :3 *squees*

So yeah ..let the red-haired outside the lab push me around a bit cause its kinda funny... hee hee <:3 Picked a Cyndaquil ;3 Did the whole Mr. Pokémon thing yada yada... headed to Violet city... ripped through the sprout tower with Cyndaquil with Ember [who then promptly evolved into a Quilava :D] and took on Falkner which was a quick but painful [for his Pidgey and Pigeotto anyway mwuhahaha :P]And then I caught a Mareep.... cause I LOVE Ampharos for a pokemon :3 And now I'm sorta hanging around Violet city, realising I need to stop squeeing at how cute it is that I an talk to my Quilava and get to Azalea town :P

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
    After deciding to play my game after about 2 months, I tried out the Pokethalon about 100 times and got a massive load of points, as well as all the medals for all my current party members ... it's really not that hard.

I head out of the dome and decided to try out the bug catching contest.
    I suck by the way and lost because I saw this really awesome Caterpie ... Well, I thought it was awesome. Stupid-guy-with-the-cap didn't.

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Sounds pretty cool. I just got HeartGold just a day before Christmas, so I'm a latecomer to the Gen II remake scene.

Some critical things I've done so far:
    - Chose Cyndaquil (Harute) as my starter
    - Pokemon caught along routes: Hoothoot (Zero), Bellsprout (traded for Rocky)
    - Catch many Pokemon via PokeWalker (Ponyta, Spearow, Magnemite, just to name a few)
    - Defeated Sprout Tower, 1st Gym

Current team: Harute, Zero, Spearow, Rocky (all Level 9-10)

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    Today I trained both my starter and Shaymin to lvl.100! I could've done that earlier but I was to busy with PR: Guardian Signs ;) Now collecting as much ribbons as possible on my Quil (Typhlosion)

mic000899

Amateur Trainer
    Years
    So I got HeartGold a few days before Christmas. Just yesterday I finished beating Blue. I guess I'll train my pokemon to defeat Red...but that's gonna take awhile. T_T Maybe I'll go catch some legendaries... :|

TheUltimateFail

The Failure
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2011
    Just bought Soul Silver today, I'm about to go start playing it now.
    Planned team:
    Feraligatr
    Gengar
    Ampharos
    Togekiss
    Scizor
    Magmortar

Some won't evolve until after the first E4 but oh well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2011
    Today I started over my Soul Silver, I will be keeping it updated in my sig. My goal is to finish Soul Silver and catch every Pokemon. I'll be doing a lot of pokemon catching during the playthrough, but I won't be focusing in on catching Pokemon. At least not until I beat Red.
    The main team I will be using will be:
    Typhlosion
    Gengar
    Ampharos
    Scizor
    Gyrados
    Beedrill

My sig's current team is wrong right now, that is the team I had earlier, but I'm starting over right now for Typhlosion not Feraligatr.

Back