• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold / SoulSilver: What did you do with the legendary Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2011
    For those who have captured or traded Pokemon for those that are legendary, what did you do with them in HeartGold / SoulSilver?

I captured Ho-oh using the Master Ball and Articuno using the Ultra Ball and used both for my battles, especially with Red. For Dratini, I trained it until it evolved into Dragonite and kept levelling up until past level 70 for the battle with Red.

Dragonite and its two predecessors are accepted in this topic.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I've caught all of the legendary Pokemon possible in Pokemon Soul Silver. I used Lugia on my main team and it was quite helpful, I caught it with an Ultra Ball because I knew that I would need it for Entei or Raikou which turns out I didn't need it on them (since I caught them with Ultra Balls as well) I used it on Ho-oh.

:t354:TG

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I used Ho-oh in HeartGold. It was quite helpful. I don't remember what I did with my Lugia on SoulSilver though.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I got Ho Oh, Lugia, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Suicune, Kyogre, and Latias in HG and boxed them all. I caught Ho Oh and used him all the way past the last gym in Kanto, then ditched him and completely rebuilt my team for Red. I did get Mewtwo and he became a member of my personal team, and I ended up training him to Lv. 100. In SS, I got Ho Oh, Lugia, Groudon, and Latios. I caught Latios with my Master Ball and left the roaming Johto beasts to do their thing. Once I get a chance to borrow someone's DS, I'll trade them all to HG and get Rayquaza, since I have both Kyogre and Groudon. THEN, I'll trade the Legends of my choice and do a SS solo run with them. Can't wait to get Rayquaza!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Caught them all besides Rayquazza - been too lazy to get it or the such I suppose is all what with the whole trading thing. I didn't use any in my team though, not even as HM slaves (unlike how Lugia was usually a main team member/surfer/flyer back in Silver. XD).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I got every one except Rayquaza, though I can go get it whenever I happen to be drawn away from LG enough to go after it...

The whole lot of 'em have seen nothing but PC Box time since their capture.

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    Generally, I just box 'em if I feel like catching them, but to be honest, I hardly ever bother with catching the legendaries anymore...

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Box'd them and they are just for display only.

Years
  • I lost my version of HG, so I haven't caught every single one, but every one that I caught I put in my PC in a special box for legendary Pokemon. 8)

Years
  • I caught all 5 of the legenadries ( the 3 dogs and the 2 bird) using Ultra Balls thats on HG but on SS i'm not going to be using the legendaries just to see how my team does.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I've caught all of them except for Latias in HeartGold, I plan to EV train the the ones I haven't already EV trained, and trade them to white.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • I usually play at night so I caught every legendary with a dusk ball. Epic. I don't like using master balls.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I finally have Rayquaza and caught Raikou by luck, going after Entei and I'll have every one of them within the two games. Here's all I have so far: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Ho Oh, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Raikou, Suicune, and Mewtwo. Entei is next.....

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    I caught all legendaries in both HG and SS except for Latios and Latias, and Raikou in SS.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • I caught every one in HG 'cept Rayquaza, and the only one I ever really fought with was Ho-oh. I ended up trading Raikou for... I don't remember what. I used Lugia once, then just kinda forgot about him. My mewtwo was released when I moved all my other pokemon onto White.

Back