• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold / SoulSilver: What did you do with the legendary Pokemon?

Sap Sipper

Terrified of Bad Luck.
    Years
    Challenge myself by vowing to catch them in ordinary PokéBalls, succeed, and then either leave them in the PC or trade them away for Wobbuffets.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Ive caught 2 legendaries in Soul Silver and they are both in my party right now. I used Lugia for the Elite 4 and some of the gyms in Kanto and just caught Ho-oh, not sure what I'll do with it though.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    My strategy for legendaries isn't really a strategy; it's either catch-and-box or faint-and-walk-away. With regards to SoulSilver, Latios and Suicune are resting in the PC, gathering lots of dust as I type this message.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I captured every legendary available in the game except Groudon/Rayquaza. I also got someone to trade forward/trade back so I could also get a Dialga from the Arceus in-game event. :3

Either way, all are boxed, in a very special legendaries box! :)

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I don't use legendaries in-game so I caught all of them and boxed them. I took them out to see what their sprite was and how they looked following me. But then put them right back where they belonged. In the PC :D

Years
    If they're good IV/nature wise, I'll use them for in game stuff. I had a Modest Dialga in Diamond, and I destroyed everything with it. My adamant Darkrai, however, became GTS fodder.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I've only caught Lugia and Entei thus far in SoulSilver, and they're both used fairly regularly in my team. Lugia especially, 'cause I love it :3 I feel like a boss having it follow me around :laugh:

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2014
    I use Lugia in my team since I don't like a lot of other flying types available in the game and I like it following me around. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2012
    Raikou and I kick some Team Rocket butt and The Gym Leaders too!

Last edited:

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    For my newest game play, I kill them all just so that I can RNG them later

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Catch them for Pokedex entries and box them afterwards.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I just killed the ones that were needed to progress the game play (if there were some, I haven't played it in some time), and either fled or avoided the others

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Caught Lugia with an Ultra Ball and put him in a box where he remains to this day. I don't really use them on my team since I hate it when those noobs online decide to use a legendary only team. It just holds some stigma to it for me to even consider having a legendary on my main team. Never even bothered with Ho-Oh. I do try to catch the roaming Pokémon, but their fate ends up the same: in the box. Still trying to get Entai.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Well, I usually keep the main legendary in my party, but the rest of the legendaries I box and never use. I'm more of a pokemon collector than a battler.

Back