• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold / SoulSilver: What did you do with the legendary Pokemon?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
  • I used to always take a legendary with me wherever I went in earlier games, but in HG/SS I've found that I'm catching and immediately boxing them. Even after all the trouble I went through to get the three dogs on SS, I haven't touched a single one. I guess they're just going to rot in my second PC box with the likes of my Tropius HM Slave and a million Magnemites with wrong natures.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    Me? I only use my Legendary Pokemon for the Battle Frontier (Zapdos/Articuno), against Red (Mewtwo and some other, I guess) and against the Elite Four (Dialga, Palkia and some others)...
    That's how I did it. Only for the flash cart HeartGold, though...
    My newest HeartGold (a Game Card one, the real deal)...I'm still loafing around in Violet City, but I plan to kill ALL legendary Pokemon first and re-spawn them when I can. Or...RNG them and catch them as well. But it looks hard...

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • All my legendary Pokemon are sitting my "Legendary Pokemon Box" in my PC. I prefer using non-legendary Pokemon in-game. The main reason I caught them was to have their complete Pokedex entry, since my major goal is to complete the National Dex in Soulsilver, like I did in Diamond ages ago. :")

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Well im in Kanto now getting badges I really havent had the chance to go for the others so right now Im just using HO-OH and he was a big help in the pokemon league. (Bruno + Extrasensory = Easy button) but yea. Oh and I also have my Dragonite that I recieved from the Dragon's Den

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    I love collecting Legendaries and putting them up in my boxes in the PC. Although I have to say, I only use a few. Arceus, Mewtwo, Latias, Latios, Groudon/Kyogre(Depends who else is in party for Weather team).

That's that.

I've collecting every single one of them in SoulSilver and will buy another SoulSilver soon...for double the fun!

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    I always seem to use quite a lot of legendaries in-game, and in HG I used Ho-oh, Shaymin, Heatran and Suicune, which I'm pretty sure is the most I've ever used at one time.
    The others stay in the PC, though.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I ended up boxing most of the legendaries I caught in-game but I did end up using Lugia and Zapdos on my team regularly and occasionally Ho-Oh and Latias too but that wasn't very often sadly.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Back in Gen IV, I used Palkia and Giratina as part of my team. In SS, I used Lugia for the pokémon league. In HG/SS, I used Raikou in the league. In Pearl, I used Mewtwo (holding an Amulet Coin) To sweep the entire league multiple times whenever I felt I needed cash, or to evolve pokémon (through exp. share, of course).

Otherwise they just stay in my pc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I used Lugia just to help with Elite 4 for the first time. Then he is in the PC forever unless someone wants him for a trade. I just recently added Zapdos into my team and currently training him to beat Red now. Probably will transfer Moltres into the new B/W2. The rest of legendaries stay in the PC box..

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Stored them in a random box for all eternity. I wish I still had the will to use legendaries, but they're just too good and it ruins the fun for me. I played through the entire game at least 20 times and didn't use a legendary once. Maybe I will when I start doing online battles with Black and White 2.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • In all of the games I'll use the mascot legendary until I beat the Elite 4, then put it in my special "LEGENDARY" box with all of the other legendaries I caught.

Back