• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold+SoulSilver=?????

New Game?

• Yes a new game will come

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • i Doubt it

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • What?!?! Your crazy!

Votes: 18 29.5%

• Total voters

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    What if after HeartGold and Soul Silver came out they blend to make a more advanced game like Pokemon Platinum
    What do you think it will be called
    and Do you think they will make a new game out of the 2 games?

Finnel

Years
  • If a miracle happens, sure there'll be a third game.

I am 99.9% sure there won't be, though. They're already putting all kinds of new features they can think of in these two games and the previous set of remakes, FRLG, didn't have a third game.

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • LOL if they did it would be like Pokemon Chronic Crystal. Not very good title.

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Ya but i just wanna see what you guys think about this D:--> :D

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
  • already had many discussions already open on this, and the answer is no. firered and leafgreen didn't have a thunderyellow version. and all of the important features from crystal are making a return in these games, so there is no need to make one.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Ok this is like the 100th thread on this topic but no. I am almost positive there wont be a third game.

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Well, let's see here:

Metal Gen:

· Gold
    · Silver
    · Crystal

Metal Gen remakes:

· Heart Gold
    · Soul Silver
    · ??? Crystal

To me, it sounds a tad bit incomplete without Crystal, but the game's features might make up for it, so idk. D:

Yay so maybe in like a couple of years they will remake Soul and Heart lol

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    already had many discussions already open on this, and the answer is no. firered and leafgreen didn't have a thunderyellow version. and all of the important features from crystal are making a return in these games, so there is no need to make one.

They would've made a Blue remake before Yellow, as in Japan, Blue is the third Version.

Red(jp) is Red(English)'s Equivilent, Green is Blue's Equivilent(Same wild Pokemon), while Japanese Blue is an entirely different Pokemon Distribution that has never been seen in an English Game. Examples include Wild Jynx in Seafoam Islands and completely different in-game trades.

And to be more on topic, as much as I'd like to see a Crystal Remake, it won't happen, as virtually all of Crystal's Features have been shown to be in HGSS.("Kris" is not a feature. "Female Playable Character" is.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Not happening. There will be many issues, for example, they'll have to put Kris again instead of Soul. Plus, I don't see a GBA game named "??? Blue" or one you run around at with a Pikachu following you.

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
  • No 3rd game wanna know why? They dont make third remakes (No Electric Yellow or Water Blue) they only make 3rd games for NEW games not remakes of games. So R/B/Y(J=G) G/S/C R/S/E D/P/Pl and for remakes- FR/LG HG/SS next remake will probally be SS/RR (Shining Sapphire , Reflecting Ruby) and then GD/PP (Glistening Diamond, Pale Pearl) but that wont be 'till Gen. 6 or so.

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
  • No there won't be. Remember the GBA Ones it went like..

Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald. Leaf Green, Fire Red,

then it moved to the DS Games, Diamond. Pearl, Platnium, HG/SS

Which means after HG/SS there will be a new generation.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    As in the title of the thread:

HeartGold+SoulSilver=Best Games Ever!
    (what, did you expect me to make up some silly name for a crystal remake? Cuz no. I dont want one.)

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • What if after HeartGold and Soul Silver came out they blend to make a more advanced game like Pokemon Platinum
    What do you think it will be called
    and Do you think they will make a new game out of the 2 games?

It's not going to happen simple as. There was no intermediate game with the Red/Blue remakes so it isn't gonig to be any different this time around. Nintendo are predictable.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • There is no way there's going to be a "MindCrystal" or "SpiritCrystal" or anything like that.

Here's how I know: Aren't they putting a Battle Frontier in HG/SS? If they were going to make a remake of Crystal, then why wouldn't they just wait and put the frontier in that game? And why would Eusine be in HG/SS if they were doing a remake of Crystal?

So yeah, it's not going to happen. They've put in too many things from the Crystal storyline into HeartGold and SoulSilver so I seriously believe they're not going to be making a third game after these two.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • Nope. No way is this going to happen. We didn't see a Yellow remake, so there won't be a Crystal remake. Also, most of Crystal's features and some of its storyline are being integrated into HG/SS, so there'll be no need for one. Don't get me wrong, Crystal is my favorite pokemon game ever. There's just not going to be a remake for it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    already had many discussions already open on this, and the answer is no. firered and leafgreen didn't have a thunderyellow version. and all of the important features from crystal are making a return in these games, so there is no need to make one.

The answer is no?
    I wasn't aware that you had insider information about a game that hasn't even been talked about yet.
    I mean, I doubt that they would make a Crystal remake, but thanks for confirming it, Mr. Pokemon Game Developer Man.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Eusine the suicune plot and the tower are all in along with every bloody crystal addition. So a 3rd version is not needed at all.

Back