• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Heatmor vs [Durant]

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Durant takes my vote. It's more useful competitively than Heatmor because of a somewhat wider move pool. If Hustle Durant manages to set up a Hone Claws or two (after Steel are weakened or taken out), then it can potentially sweep an entire team. Plus, metal-armored ants are cool.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Heatmor for me because unlike the cocky little hellspawn that is Durant I don't have an undying hatred for Heatmor. That and I kinda like its design too.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Durant, not only is it's design actually good-looking, but I find it to be an interesting pokemon to have on the team, especally with its many battiling capabilities.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Even thought it's clear here that the predator has become the prey, I pick Heatmor.
    I've never used it, and neither one of them appeal to me visual wise, but I like the concept of Heatmor. Plus I usually like the whole sharp claw look on a Pokemon.

So I vote Heatmor.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Well im not really into either, but id have to say durant. Idk why, but its more appealing visually.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I personally think they're both a bit lame, but if I had to choose I'd pick Heatmor. Also, Durant isn't a Rock-type... it's Steel/Bug so it has a double weakness to Fire-types.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm happy that Durant is winning, such an underrated Pokémon and has very strong potential with the correct moveset, nature, ability etc.

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
    Years
    I'm not a fan of either one, they are actually two of my least favorite Pokémon of Gen 5. However, I voted for Durant. Mostly just because I like the design just a bit more.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
    Heatmore, for two reaasons. First, I am so sick and tired of seeing Durant from when I went through Victory Road. And Heatmore is a fire type. I would pick a fire type Pokemon over any other monster any day of the week (except for my favorites).

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I love Heatmor's fire-tongue-thing and shiny colours.
    Viable sweeper for a Trick Room team.

durant would have to be a winner, because durants a rock type which fire type is weak to.
    Durant is Bug-Steel; x4 weakness to Fire.

Last edited:

GokuRikaku

Sup?
    Years
    Durant. While a flaming anteater is nice, a large metal ant sounds more awesome. Durant seems to do a better job battling than Heatmor. While you shouldn't underestimate the flaming anteater, I wish it had more useful moves like fire punch and/or some special attack that isn't fire/hidden power.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2012
    I actually picked heatmor with the reason that I do not know. LOL. Anyways, Durant is a really cool pokemon.

Years
    i pick durant, because it's design is cool, heatmor is just look weird.. firebreather mole?eerrmm... :\

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeessss Durant is still winning :33

For those who said it's annoying to find in Victory Road, would you rather find Durant or something MORE annoying to defeat? Yeah totally a good thing it's there!!

GokuRikaku

Sup?
    Years

For those who said it's annoying to find in Victory Road, would you rather find Durant or something MORE annoying to defeat? Yeah totally a good thing it's there!!

I found Boldore more annoying than Durant. I never saw Durant as annoying, but Boldore's ability makes the battle longer than it should be. Theres always the option of running away but, I wouldn't be gainning exp now would I?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Durant will always win this because it comes pre-packaged in something resembling competitively-viable form.
    One would have to put some thought into making Heatmor work. As rewarding as that could be, gamers tend to be inherently lazy and entitled. I wouldn't construe that as something in Heatmor's favour, but it is hardly the weakest thing around.

Last edited:
    Back