• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Heatmor vs [Durant]

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    In PO I watched one of my good friends nearly sweep a team with just a Durant. Not only that, but its name is the same as a knight's in one of my favorite games of all time. Not only that, but I love its design (it's rather creepy-looking ;;) so yeah.

Heatmor may have a huge advantage over it, but Durant pwns in the long run.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Gosh I hate those two Pokémons... :pink_no:
    They are both natural enemies, like Zangoose and Seviper were in 3nd gen. Normal VS Poison, that was a well-balanced fight, we all agree. And those two Pokémon rocked.
    And on the other side we have... A Steel/Bug Pokémon against a Fire type. Wow. We really wonder which one is gonna win, this battle is going to be fun. What a fair fight... Ok, now let's compare the opponents. :pink_evil:

Heatmor => HOW UGLY !! Seriously, what's that thing? Game Freak, what did you do? Plastic head, strange hands... Yes, just look at its hands. And now it's arms. Yes, we all agree, there is a little problem with proportions. Then its muffler tail... Lol. I can't say anything but lol, words to explain how ridiculous it is don't even exist.

Durant => Damn, we already have an ant Pokémon : Scizor. :pink_blankstare: And it's really more badass than Durant. And Durant isn't a Pokémon, it's just a red-eyed termite with an iron armor. It would be a good Digimon, but not a Pokémon.

Conclusion :
    I voted for Durant, it's a little less worse than Heatmor, which totally sucks. I know I was mean with that thing (I refuse to call that a Pokémon), but... I can't bear it, I'm so disappointed of what Pokémons become nowadays.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    They are both sworn enemies, like Zangoose and Seviper were in 3nd gen. Normal VS Poison, that was a well-balanced fight, we all agree. And those two Pokémon rocked.
    And on the other side we have... A Steel/Bug Pokémon against a Fire type. Wow. We really wonder which one is gonna win, this battle is going to be fun. What a fair fight...
    Heatmor/Durant is not a rivalry nor stated to be one in-game, they actually have a predator/prey relationship in which context the typing makes sense.
    Think to the old days, of Spearow eating 'worms'.

Last edited:

Kyrk

(╯°□°)╯︵ɔıb oן
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2012
    Although Durant's design is rather simple (it's a steel-coated ant) I find it much cooler-looking than Heatmor; anteaters are cool and all, but Heatmor's design is just strange-looking (not in a good way either).

Competitively while Heatmor has the type advantage, Durant has much better stats and movesets, letting it outspeed and 1hko with Stone Edge (granted it doesn't miss with the combination of SE's poor accuracy with Durant's Hustle ability).

So overall I'm picking Durant.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I was surprised to open this thread and see that Durant had to majority of votes. Though I don't dislike either of the two I was always more drawn to Heatmor. I always thought that it had more of an interesting concept compared to a simple ant. I love its amazing shiny color and it's imaginative tongue of fire. Now that I think about it I'm not sure why I was originally drawn to Heatmor over Durant. I think that for some reason it reminded me of Torkoal, both being volcano-like fire types with no evolutionary relatives. I do think that Durant is too bland design wise, however, I do like its jaw thing, whatever you call it xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Aaand Durant wins, yay! Unstickying, continue to discuss if you want etc.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I think they are both ugly, like most of the Unova pokemon, but I'd
    definitely pick Durant. Though fire is 4x as effective, it still has less
    weaknesses than Heatmor, plus it has a better movepool and it has better
    stats, in my opinion.

Back