• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heavy Metal fans?

DeadAlien

Sup
Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    Are there any Metal fans here?

If so, post some of your favorite bands/songs ;)

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Metal is pretty great in most cases. I enjoy some Metal bands like In Flames or Slipknot, but then once you get to like Deathcore type stuff I can't stand it. I'm talking bands like Cannibal Corpse. I just. I can't. I hate them so much.
    My favorite Metal band is by far In Flames. My favorite song by them is probably Alias from their album A Sense of Purpose.

Lucid

I saw Metallica in concert and they were ok I guess (they released balloons and beach balls at the end of the concert wtf lol) I really like Tool and Deftones tho if they count.

Sir Codin

Dude, as far as this forum is concerned, you are now reading the post of the Metal GURU here.

Here, some recommends for y'all (although, I haven't updated it lately):

[Black Sabbath] – Black Sabbath, Paranoid, Masters of Reality (Classic metal)

[Judas Priest] – British Steel, Screaming for Vengeance, Painkiller (Classic metal, speed metal)

[Motorhead] – Icon (Speed metal)

[Venom] Welcome to Hell, Black Metal (Extreme speed metal)

[Queensryche] Operation Mindcrime (Trad metal/Progressive metal); FANTASTIC ALBUM

[Death] – any, but Scream Bloody Gore and Human are good places to start (Death Metal early career, progressive/tech-death metal later career) NOTE: These guys are credited as the very first death metal band

[Carcass] Heartwork, Surgical Steel (Melodic death metal)

[Dark Tranquility] Damage Done (Melodic death metal)

[Lost Horizon] – A Flame to the Ground Beneath (Power metal/progressive metal)

[Sonata Arctica] – Reckoning Night (Power metal)

[Iced Earth] The Blessed and the Damned (U.S. Power Metal/some Thrash metal)

[Cradle of Filth] Midian (Extreme gothic metal)

[Wolves in the Throne Room] Black Cascade, Celestial Lineage (U.S. Atmospheric black metal)

[Emperor] In the Nightside Eclipse, IX Equilibrium (Symphonic black metal)

[Metallica] anything from the 1980's (Thrash metal)

[Prong] Beg To Differ, Prove You Wrong, Cleansing (B.T.D is thrash metal, the other two are groove metal)

[Pantera] anything from 1990 to 2000, especially Vulgar Display Of Power (Groove metal)

[Exhorder] Slaughter in the Vatican, The Law (Groove Metal/thrash metal)

[Machine Head] any except The Burning Red and Supercharger; I highly recommend Burn My Eyes, The Blackening, and Unto The Locust (Groove metal/thrash metal)

[Slayer] Reign In Blood, Seasons In The Abyss, Divine Intervention (Thrash metal)

[Rhapsody] – Tales From The Emerald Sword Saga (Symphonic power metal)

[Nightwish] – Oceanborn, Century Child (Symphonic metal w/female vocals)

[Symphony X] Paradise Lost (Progressive Metal)

[Dream Theater] Images & Words, Awake, Metropolis Pt2 (Progressive metal); A Change Of Seasons is their best song, IMO.

[Tystnaden] Sham of Perfection (Gothic metal w/female vocals)

[Nevermore] Dead Heart In A Dead World, This Godless Endeavor (Progressive groove metal)

[Sepultura] any with Max Cavalera on vocals except Roots. Dante XXI and The Mediator are also great albums. (Thrash metal/death metal early material; later material is groove metal)

[A Storm of Light] And We Wept the Black Ocean Within (Post-metal/doom metal)

[High On Fire] Snakes of the Divine, De Vermis Mysteriis (Stoner metal/sludge metal)

[Mastodon] Leviathan (Progressive sludge metal)

[Bolt Thrower] anything from War Master onwards (Death metal)

[Mayhem] De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (Black metal)

[Drudkh] Autumn Aurora, Eternal Turn of the Wheel (Atmospheric black metal)

[Overkill] Ironbound, Horrorscope (Thrash metal)

[Saint Vitus] Mournful Cries (Doom metal)

[Iron Maiden] Number of the Beast, Powerslave, Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (Traditional heavy metal)

[Kamelot] The Black Halo (Symphonic power metal)

[Black Breath] Sentenced to Life (kind of a genre mix of Black metal/speed metal/crust punk/hardcore punk/death metal instrumentally, vocalist screams a lot, so this might not be for you)

[Kreator] Pleasure to Kill (Thrash metal/extreme metal)

[Fear Factory] Demanufacture, Obsolete (Industrial groove metal/some thrash and death influences)

[Vader] Litany (Death metal)

[Amon Amarth] With Oden On Our Side, Twilight of the Thunder God, Surtur Rising (Melodic death metal)

[Heaven & Hell] The Devil You Know (Traditional heavy metal/probably a little doom metal)

[Razor] Violent Restitution (Thrash metal)

[Taake] Nattestid Ser Porten Vid (Black metal)

[Destruction] Eternal Devastation (Thrash metal)

[Meshuggah] Destroy Erase Improve (Experimental extreme metal/progressive metal/groove metal)

[Agalloch] Pale Folklore (They're a mix of Folk metal, post-metal, black metal, doom metal, and various other subgenres)

[Eluveitie] Everything Remains As It Never Was, Origins (Folk metal/melodic death metal)

[Enslaved] Mardraum (Black metal/progressive metal)

[Byzantine] ...And They Shall Take Up Serpents (Groove metal/progressive metal)

[Immortal] Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism (Black metal)

[Prostitute] Vaginal Hell Demos (Sludge metal/stoner metal)

[Candlemass] Epicus Doomicus Metallicus (Doom metal)

[Soulfly] Dark Ages, Enslaved (Groove metal/thrash metal)

[Fool's Game] Reality Divine (Power metal/groove metal?)

[Exodus] Bonded By Blood, Blood In Blood Out (Thrash metal)

[SepticFlesh] Titan (Symphonic death metal)

[Behemoth] The Satanist (Black metal)

[Incursed] Elderslied (Folk metal)

[Ne Obliviscaris] Citadel (Extreme progressive metal/melodic death metal)

[Orphaned Land] Mabool (Progressive metal/folk metal/death metal)

[Battle Beast] Unholy Savior (Power Metal)

[Angra] Secret Garden (Symphonic metal/folk metal/power metal)

[Anaal Nathrakh] Total Fucking Necro (Black metal)

[Amorphis] Tales From A Thousand Lakes (Death metal/folk metal)

[At The Gates] Slaughter Of The Soul (Melodic death metal)

[Metal Church] Metal Church (Thrash metal/trad metal)

[Mirrorthrone] Gangrene (Symphonic extreme metal)

[Obituary] Cause of Death, Slowly We Rot (Death metal)

[Samael] Passage, Exodus (Symphonic black metal/industrial metal)

[Savatage] Hall Of The Mountain King (Power metal/ heavy metal)

[Satyricon] Dark Medieval Times (Black metal)

[Arcturus] Arcturian (Avant-garde metal, symphonic black metal)

[Accept] Restless and Wild, Balls To The Wall (Speed metal)

Last edited:

SuperKirbyTwinz

Twice the person...twice the fun...Twinning yes?
    Years
  • "Sleep with one eye opeeen...Gripping your pillow tight!"

(Guitar Riff) Dun dun dun nuh nuh, dun dun dun nuh nuh, dun dun dun nuh nuh, dunh dun dun dun dun dun dun.

..these are official lyrics don't ya know?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2016
    yo B) metal's my stuff tbh

i used to be into everything tbh besides trash, but right now my fave stuff is amenra, electric wizard, the ocean & red fang tbh

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Stoner metal's part of my jam, Kyuss are gods.

I'll probably be seeing Metallica in this festival I'm going to this summer too, only really listened to The Black Album though.

Years
  • Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
  • Had no idea if you meant the music genre, the movies, or the comic. I like all three. Not my favorite genre tho. Couldnt name any favorites.

Back