• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen HEAVY RAIN OR DROUGHT

RAIN OR SUN

• Total voters

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Drought. We need more droughts in-game. We have in game hail, sandstorms, rain, and fog, why is drought only in gen III? Especially when there's a certain Pokemon by the name of Cherrim that benefits greatly from the sun.

Drought would kill Cherrim... o.o

I liked Heavy Rain the best because Drought hurt my eyes if I stared at the screen for awhile...

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    I could go either way with this. Since my two favorite pokes could potentially take advantage of the weather for it. Electivire for the Rain and Arcanine for the Drought. But that would be more of a mix set for moves to really take advantage of the weather. When it comes down to the pokemon, I personally have always liked Groudon and the way it looks.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I quite liked both, but I think Drought could have had more effect on the landscape, maybe. Like the ponds and such in the area dry up or something. Might be cool. On the other hand, Heavy Rain could cause severe flooding and stuff. I just think it would be interesting to see the actual effect this is having on the ecosystem.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Simply because of nostalgia (I got Sapphire ;D) and the fact that I prefer the music (since I never played Ruby, I didn't realise they had different music until years later XD), I am going to have to say heavy rain. Emerald was pretty cool though, with the constant changing between heavy rain and drought and really highlighted the feud between Kyogre and Groudon. :)

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Drought because the sunlight animation is much better than the diagonal pixels rain animation. Also because Groudon gets little love compared to Kyogre. There should be a "hug a Groudon day" to make up for this.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    I'd go for Drought because it's way more useful. But for the heck of it, I picked both.
    Drought = No charge for SolarBeam and it weakens Water attacks while strengthening Fire, which is really useful for Groudon against, say, Kyogre.
    Heavy Rain = 100% accuracy for Thunder and strengthens Water attacks while weakening Fire; not really useful, but it still puts up some sort of challenge against the same type, especially if Kyogre knows Thunder.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    I'd go for Drought because it's way more useful. But for the heck of it, I picked both.
    Drought = No charge for SolarBeam and it weakens Water attacks while strengthening Fire, which is really useful for Groudon against, say, Kyogre.
    Heavy Rain = 100% accuracy for Thunder and strengthens Water attacks while weakening Fire; not really useful, but it still puts up some sort of challenge against the same type, especially if Kyogre knows Thunder.

How is Drought useful against Kyogre, but Drizzle isn't useful against Groudon?

They're both equally useful. Drought allows for Solarbeam to be used without charging, Drizzle allows for Thunder to have 100% accuracy, and Hail allows for Blizzard to have 100% accuracy (just thought I'd add that.)

I pick Drizzle. The reason being is because it causes rain which strengthens water types. Since Kyogre is Water already, its Water attacks get stab. So basically, Kyogre's Water attacks are crazy strong (more than Groudon's Fire attacks.)

But, since Groudon is Ground type and not Fire type, its Fire attacks do NOT get stab, they only get one power up from Drought.

Also, Groudon has a high Attack stat. Kyogre has a high special defense stat. That means, when Groudon is using Solarbeam, it's weaker due to his weaker Sp.Attack stat and it's even weaker due to Kyogre's strong Sp.Defense stat.

And don't forget about the fact that Water is super effective against Ground.

In conclusion - Kyogre owns Groudon in every way.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2011
    Drizzle

Because of my preference for Water-types I'd be better off with Drizzle as it would be more of a use to me, especially with a high leveled Lanturn that knows Thunder!

But....Drought is just as useful if you're planning on using Grass-types and moves like Solarbeam so I don't rate one above the other as they both have their own uses.

Years
    Drought because the sunlight animation is much better than the diagonal pixels rain animation. Also because Groudon gets little love compared to Kyogre. There should be a "hug a Groudon day" to make up for this.

Aww! You're right! There should be. :nervous:

I prefer the way the rain looks, though. Because of my personality, I guess. I greatly prefer rain to intense sun in real life because it makes things more mellow and I don't have to concentrate on the clear-cut physical world as much...

Years
    I absolutely loved the rain effect in Hoenn. The drought was lame to me, honestly.
    It made everything look cooler.
    Plus, Kyogre is simply a fierce beast.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    Rain! There's no rain where I live. I hate sunlight and I'd love the occasional flood.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2013
    I picked both, because they are (IMO) the best abilities in the game at the time.

Back