• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hello all!

Years
  • Hi everyone. I'm new to the PokeCommunity, but not hardly to the game. I started with
    Blue back in 4th grade, and I've been playing pretty much the whole time. Unfortunately,
    the number of people that I know in RL who play seems to have dwindled to next to nothing.
    So, I hope you all can be my new PokeFamily.

As far as my favorites go, for some reason I like Slowking! He's been my favorite pokemon
    for as long as I can remember, though I'm not entirely sure why. Second favorite is definitely
    Ninetails (and of course Vulpix). Dunno who I'd pick after that, >D but s/he'd be awesome too!

I only really play the games, although at one time I did collect the cards and watch the shows.
    However, I'd be open to watching the series depending on some reviews. I haven't really seen
    anything about it in years, though I have no issue with a little light dosing of children's TV.

I live in Louisiana, and I am currently going to college. I'm an English major and Pre-Med. Hopefully,
    one day, I'll finally graduate; however, I've been saying that for a year and a half now, so who even
    knows. XD

In other interests, I really like the FX show "The League" and HBO's "Game of Thrones"! I read a
    lot of sci/fi and approve of Korean dramas! Also, I'm hands down a Whovian!

NICE TO MEET YOU! <3

Years
  • Hey hey Liskin, weeelcome to PC! Great to meet you and glad to see you decided to join up here. :DD

Nice to have another longtime Pokefan join us on PC; we have that in common since I've also been playing way back since the Red and Blue days. But yeah, it is harder to find Pokemon fans down the road, though that's mostly because people get older and find other interests. Stinks since Pokemon really is such a great game series and I can't see myself not playing it anymore. ;; You should participate in the myriads of Pokemon game discussions we have going on here, including the recently opened X and Y section, perhaps. There are a whole lot of sections dedicated to the games and they're quite active, so I'm sure there'll be at least a few places here that meet your tastes.

I actually started out going for pre-med in college too, but later realized it wasn't my thing. Now I'm doing web design and digital art, which is not as stable as medicine but sure as heck more enjoyable for me. <3; How close are you to graduating, out of curiosity? I only have eight classes left but there's a shortage of teaching faculty at my department since some of them went on vacation... which is likely going to set my graduation back even more, ugh. But it seems like you've been enjoying what you want to do in life, which is wonderful! I'll be rooting for you to graduate soon!

You can talk about TV shows over at General Entertainment, so stop by there anytime if you'd like to discuss movies, actors, or TV shows. Can't say I've ever heard of some of the shows you listed though, but I'm not the brightest when it comes to these things. Perhaps I can learn a thing or two from you!

Have a splendidd stay on PC and you can always contact me if you'd like to chat about anything at all. Maybe we can be friends, too. :3 See you around!

Years
  • As far as graduating goes, I could have graduated with my English degree already, but I wanted to expand my Pre-Med requirements to a full-out minor in Biology, so I think I have about ten or twelve classes left until I graduate. D: It seems like it'll never end though. Luckily I love the science, or I'd want to be bashing my brain against the wall.

Thanks for the heads up about where I might post on the board. It's massive, and a little daunting, so I appreciate the direction. >D We should definitely be friends; I'll be sure to hit you up sometimes, oh wise Cirno!

Back