• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello Community!

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    I am Green_Young and I've been working on my own ROM hack for a while. I have a few tips and tricks to pass down to newbies that need help, but I have many questions on ROM hacking, scripting to be specific. (Please do not link me to a tutorial, I have read every tutorial for PKSV-UI you have on here) I've just been trying to do some seemingly simple things that I cannot get working. Is there a chat on here for ROM hacking that I could talk to someone in? Thanks. (And please bear with me with categorizing threads as I am terrible at it.)

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • Greetings! Welcome to the Pokemon Community! I'm sure you'll find your stay as pleasant as I have.

For all your ROM hacking needs and questions, please visit the ROM hacking section, where you could help others, join a team of ROM hackers or just show off your stuff.

ROM Hacking space here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

I wish your stay here to be pleasant, and I look forward to seeing some of your work.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hello there, Green_Young and welcome to Pokecommunity!

Yeah as SilverAbsol said, the ROM hacking section is a good place for any questions you may have on that stuff. I'm not a big ROM hacker myself so i know nothing, but there are people there who will help you. ^__^

But glad you've came to PC, we are a really friendly place to be at. You can talk about just about anything too here. Even clubs like my Dark-type club and you talk about things you love with other people with the same interest.

Enjoy yourself here and if you want to talk feel free to VM alright?

Lifesolstice

Magikarp Tail
    Years
  • Hey and welcome to the PokéCommunity Forums! I'm rather here new here, too, but I'm sure we'll find our way around! And if you really have a passion for ROM then you are definitely going to like the Emulation board.

Anyways, I'm LifeSolstice, but call me LS or Life. I hope you enjoy PokéCommunity! I'm sure you will. I'm sure you'll make many friends, and maybe one day get really "popular" so to say! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Hello Green, welcome to PokeCommunity! Another ROM hacker? Ah, we've many ROM hackers here, maybe you could get intact with them!

This board should fit you fine, but other than that, you should find your way around PC & discover some new boards.

Well, I hope you'll huv fun here! Feel free to contact me if you wanna chat anytime *strictly no requests for anything related to ROM hacking*

~Mid~

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Hey another ROM Hacker.
    Welcome to Pokecommunity!
    As you probably have already seen, we have a good amount of ROM Hackers that you will fit in with.
    Hope to see your amazing work in the future!

Years
  • I am Green_Young and I've been working on my own ROM hack for a while. I have a few tips and tricks to pass down to newbies that need help, but I have many questions on ROM hacking, scripting to be specific. (Please do not link me to a tutorial, I have read every tutorial for PKSV-UI you have on here) I've just been trying to do some seemingly simple things that I cannot get working. Is there a chat on here for ROM hacking that I could talk to someone in? Thanks. (And please bear with me with categorizing threads as I am terrible at it.)

Hi Green_Young, and welcome.

We can never have too many ROM hackers, and given that's the main selling point of our community it's a reason why we're a hotspot for ROM hackers to hang out, and you'll definitely love our Emulation forum which has everything you need to know. You'll meet loads of hackers there, both old and new.

And we have other places you can post in as well, from the Pokemon games, anime, clubs, trivia or just plain chit-chats. If you ever need help, you can always contact a moderator and they shall be able to answer your question.

Have fun, and I'll see ya!

- Hikari10

Years
  • Hey there Green_Young, welcome to PC! :D Nice to see you become a member here. ^^

As our regulars already stated, you'd probably be best off using the appropriate sticky threads (important threads that are always at the top of a section) for questions regarding ROM hacking over at the Emulation section. You can also try connecting to our official IRC chat and find someone to talk with there; a few of the active members and staff are pretty well-versed in ROM hacking. Emulation is probably still your best bet, though! Glad to hear you'll be helping out those who are new to the hacking scene though, I'm sure people would really appreciate that, especially with how many members are interested in learning how to hack here on PC. :3

Anyway, glad you've already explored through some of the tutorials and such around here! There's lots but always room for more, so keep on contributing when you're able to. n n Though PC has many great sections even outside of Emulation as well, so I hope you like it here enough to stick around. Feel free to contact me if you need any help, and have fun~

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • Hi Green_Young :3, welcome to PC! You must be talented, making your own hack, I'd love to see it sometime :D, so just give a shout out when you publish it alright <3? If you need help with scripting or anything related to your game, like already stated your best shot is to ask in the appropiate quick question threads in Emulation. In no time you'll get a quick, easy to understand answer from somebody experienced in that area or who really knows their stuff :D.

Since you've already been through all the tutorials, not much more advice I can offer, you know PC already almost, inside and out <3. Don't sweat, it's a good thing if I'm making it sound horrible :D. I'm Rainbow by the way, feel free to contact any staff member with PC related queries. Have fun and I'll see you around PC alright :D?

Back