• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello Everyone

Kyoka

Designer
Years
  • Hey,
    My name is Kyoka and I've joined pokecommunity recently. Had a look through the forums few days back and I was really surprised by amount of threads and various resources around and really wanted to join this community, so here I am :P I'm a pretty adept sprite/map designer/editor and concept artist in Pokemon and other games, hence why I'm studying Games Development/Design in college right now and hoping to progress it further in University next year. I gave up on the Pokemon anime ages ago, hope this doesn't offend anyone but frankly, Ash sucks. I'm more into the games, fan fiction and art.
    Thanks for taking your time to read this, nice to meet everyone!

kokotko

雷君
    Years
  • Hello there Kyoka, I'm delighted to hear that you're studying that at college. It's awesome, I know it cause I sometimes draw some Pokemon pictures and I like it a lot. I'm not into fanfics, but I like RP. I just adore Pokemon fan art on DA. Great stuff, keep it up, Kyoka...don't forget to take part in the iSketch event in the upcoming get-together, we may eventually meet there!

Years
  • Welcome to PC, Kyoka! |D

Yeah, the forum has a ton of neat resources for all sorts of different things, making it really unique! That's not all that sets us apart though, we've got some amazing members and staff alike. <3 And I'm still into the anime personally even at 21 years old, though I've had my ups and downs with it in terms of interest.

Game development and design sounds absolutely amazing, though! I'd definitely take that up if my school offered it, though I went for web design instead since it was another one of my interests. What year are you in? (:

But yeah, it was definitely nice to meet you~ the more new members we get the merrier, so stick around! <3 Hopefully you like us enough to continue posting, as well. Enjoy your stay!

Kyoka

Designer
    Years
  • Hello there Kyoka, I'm delighted to hear that you're studying that at college. It's awesome, I know it cause I sometimes draw some Pokemon pictures and I like it a lot. I'm not into fanfics, but I like RP. I just adore Pokemon fan art on DA. Great stuff, keep it up, Kyoka...don't forget to take part in the iSketch event in the upcoming get-together, we may eventually meet there!

Thank a lot, I also find the art on DA amazing, it really makes you want to draw something like that as well, I try anyway :L Also the event sounds really interesting so I'm definitely checking it out, hoping to see you there!

Welcome to PC, Kyoka! |D

Yeah, the forum has a ton of neat resources for all sorts of different things, making it really unique! That's not all that sets us apart though, we've got some amazing members and staff alike. <3 And I'm still into the anime personally even at 21 years old, though I've had my ups and downs with it in terms of interest.

Game development and design sounds absolutely amazing, though! I'd definitely take that up if my school offered it, though I went for web design instead since it was another one of my interests. What year are you in? (:

But yeah, it was definitely nice to meet you~ the more new members we get the merrier, so stick around! <3 Hopefully you like us enough to continue posting, as well. Enjoy your stay!

Thanks a lot, and yeah, I noticed that people here are really nice, and definitely willing to help you out which is amazing and it really sets you guys apart from some other game communities. I used to enjoy the anime, but in my opinion its running in a circle, hard to explain but every season starts from the start. All old Pokemon (well...most) are left behind, Ash somehow becomes a begging again etc. It just doesn't interest me as much as it used to.

I'm currently in my last year of college, as I said before, hopefully Ill get into University next year. To be honest, game design/development is overlooked/looked down upon by many people, simply because they think its not a serious deal. I took to studying it because I wanna enjoy my job, I don't want to be one of those people who hate going to work. Gaming and Designing is what I seriously enjoy, so why not do it for a living?

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
    Years
  • Hey,
    My name is Kyoka and I've joined pokecommunity recently. Had a look through the forums few days back and I was really surprised by amount of threads and various resources around and really wanted to join this community, so here I am :P I'm a pretty adept sprite/map designer/editor and concept artist in Pokemon and other games, hence why I'm studying Games Development/Design in college right now and hoping to progress it further in University next year. I gave up on the Pokemon anime ages ago, hope this doesn't offend anyone but frankly, Ash sucks. I'm more into the games, fan fiction and art.

Hi Kyoka, I'm Psystar, Star for short. It's awesome that you're studying Games Development/Design. I myself am looking forward to studying something like that in Universtity in a few years. Right now I'm taking a break from studying so I could do a bit of work on a ROM hacking project that I'm doing... Figured it would give me alot of insight into game/sprite/map design (and it has!) :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Hiii Kyoka, welcome to the famous PC. I'm MidnightShine, pleased to meet you. They call me the #1 fan of B2W2 here.

So, you joined for hacking & game developing? Please bare in mind that these two are two completely different types of game production, Anyways, check this & this here page out.

See ya~ Hope u have fun learning about game dev, this here place could get you some help if you need any.

~Mid

Years
  • Hey,

Hi Kyoka, I am the Crazy Oshawott Girl herself - Hikari10! (Although I don't usually mention the 10, it's not a random number)

I'm turning 20 next Monday, and despite that, I still love Pokemon. Yep, most people my age would outgrow but nope, I kept my promise to say Once a Trainer. Always a Trainer.

I guess everyone's directed you to Game Development/Emulation, so have a fun time there. I don't post there much since I know absolutely ZERO about those areas. (Yeah, I totally suck at hacking)

If you ever need to talk about anything, I'm free for a VM or friend request anytime!

- Hikari10

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Hey,
    Welcome to PC! :D I'm Cosmo. It seems like you know the forums quite well after a bit of lurking, which is good. If you want to start you'r own art thread, you should check here. LINK I have to agree with you on the anime, Ash does suck. /shot
    Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here and make some new friends!

Kyoka

Designer
    Years
  • Hello and welcome to PC :D

Thank You :)

Hi Kyoka, I'm Psystar, Star for short. It's awesome that you're studying Games Development/Design. I myself am looking forward to studying something like that in Universtity in a few years. Right now I'm taking a break from studying so I could do a bit of work on a ROM hacking project that I'm doing... Figured it would give me alot of insight into game/sprite/map design (and it has!) :3

Hey there, the project you're working on sounds really interesting and I myself am working on a similar thing when I have free time. I have considered taking some time off after college but then decided against it, I just really want to finish all the studies as soon as possible and get into the Games Industry. Nice to meet you anyway, see you around hopefully!

Hiii Kyoka, welcome to the famous PC. I'm MidnightShine, pleased to meet you. They call me the #1 fan of B2W2 here.

So, you joined for hacking & game developing? Please bare in mind that these two are two completely different types of game production, Anyways, check ---------------------- page out.

See ya~ Hope u have fun learning about game dev, ------------- could get you some help if you need any.

~Mid

Hey there, nice to meet you too. Also, you might have some competition because I really loved B2W2 too :P I didn't join this community solely for that purpose but thank you for the links anyway, I will definitely check out those sections of the forums and maybe sign up for the adoption center (I'm saying maybe because I am more of an independent person..so yeah :P). Game development will be my focus but I'm also really interested in the Art & Design section, might start my own Art Thread someday, who knows :L I also cant wait to take part in the various community events you guys hold, roamed through the forums quite a few times now and there some interesting ones I`ll say. Anyways, Thanks again and see you around!

Hi Kyoka, I am the Crazy Oshawott Girl herself - Hikari10! (Although I don't usually mention the 10, it's not a random number)

I'm turning 20 next Monday, and despite that, I still love Pokemon. Yep, most people my age would outgrow but nope, I kept my promise to say Once a Trainer. Always a Trainer.

I guess everyone's directed you to Game Development/Emulation, so have a fun time there. I don't post there much since I know absolutely ZERO about those areas. (Yeah, I totally suck at hacking)

If you ever need to talk about anything, I'm free for a VM or friend request anytime!

- Hikari10

Hey there, nice to meet you! An early congratulations on your birthday coming up, hope you have a great day :P Love the quote and to be honest, I feel the same, I'm soon turning 18 and Pokemon is honestly a huge chunk of my life, be it competitive battling, various events in real life etc.

Yeah, everyone did direct me there :L Although let me say this again, I am not solely interested in that (no offence people, I do appreciate the help) Ill be hanging around the fanfiction/art&design/battle/trade sections too :P Thanks for the other, Ill take you up on that sometime :L Thanks again and see you around!

Welcome to PC! :D I'm Cosmo. It seems like you know the forums quite well after a bit of lurking, which is good. If you want to start you'r own art thread, you should check here. --------------------- I have to agree with you on the anime, Ash does suck. /shot
    Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here and make some new friends!

Thanks a lot and nice to meet you! Yeah, I skimmed around the forums to get myself familiarized, loving the forums and the community itself so far :P Thanks for the link, Im quite interested in that because I often draw whenever I have spare time. Anyways, thanks again and see you around!

Back