• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello everyone!

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    Hi Pokéfans !

I'm here to briefly introduce myself !
    I'm a 20 year-old French who simply discovered Rom Hacking with Pokémon Liquid Crystal last December.
    Since this time, I've played amazing rom hacks and "traveled" in this forum to discover great ones like Platinum Red or Gaia :D

IRL, I own a GBA and a EZ-Flash IV (no DS or 3DS), so I can play hack roms like official games :D

I played all official Pokémon games from Blue to Emerald (and a little bit the DS ones on PC, but it didn't feel authentic enough).

To speak about my other hobbies, I'm a big fan of Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG, I watch a lot of animes, read a lot of manga (you can ask for the names if you're curious^^)...

My tastes in terms of music ? I'd say rock, with bands like coldrain, There For Tomorrow, Saosin, etc.

To finish, I'd like to ask you for advices/suggestions about one thing: I'm looking for a finished (or well advanced) GBA hack rom with the following features:

• New story (and if possible region)
    • Pokémon of gen 1-3 only
    • Mew and Deoxys catchable without cheats
    • Possibility to trade with an official game (like in Liquid Crystal)
    I hope you enjoyed reading it :)

Last edited:

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Hoi there! Howya doin'? Let me just start by telling you how much I love people from France. You're no exception.
    Well, to the point. Congratulations! The rom hack world is indeed an adventurous one, though I haven't ventured in it very far. Perhaps you could list me some of you favourites.
    Anyhow, I'm really surprised to hear that you've never played gens IV and onwards. I'm not lying when I say you're missing out, but I'll leave you to make your own descisions.

I love anime too! Which anime are your favourite? Perhaps we share some top-listers to discuss.

And finally, I look forward to seeing you around in the community (and the ROM hacking hub, of course). I'm new too, so I believe we can bare through this as friends.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    Hey Semi- (nice nickname ^^), I'm fine thank's and you ?
    Can I ask you for the reason why you love theFrench (just curious) ? :D

The only reason I nearly never played Gen IV games is the fact I don't own the DS and when I play on emulators, it doesn't feel as good as playing with a real DS.
    You'll surely ask me why I've never bought the DS, but it would make me spend too much money (considering the cost of my current life) lol ^^

That's why I highly support Platinum Red version (Platinum demake), I'd like to test the Gen IV !
    To tell you about hacks I finished and loved: Liquid Crystal (Johto <3) and a french one called "Eclat Pourpre" (beautiful graphics, very hard).

The animes I love(d) are for example Kiseijuu (Parasyte), Psycho-Pass, Erased, or more famous ones like Bleach, Death Note, Dragon Ball, etc.
    But here is my Animelist, it's more practical: myanimelist.net/animelist/Darkmagician69

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Thank you. I like it too :D
    I like French people because I think they have a beautiful language, and a tender fashion in which they deal with things.

I guess so. Well, to be fair, the DS I use was originally my brother's, and I'd had to borrow gen V games from my cousins because we only owned four from gen IV.

I only ever completed one hack, and that was Pokémon Resolute. It was an amazing experience, and I suggest you try it too if you've never played.

Awesome! I really really want to watch Erased, and I'm glad you like it. Also, I'm a big fan of Death Note. No, big is an understatement.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    Oh one thing I didn't tell you is the only reason I'm not playing hacks with Gen IV, V and newer Pokémon:
    I'm trying to complete the Pokédex of my Leaf Green Version (an official one) and it's nearly done !

I want to do it without cheating, it's fun :D

When I will see the famous "386" (number of Pokémon from the gen 1-3) on my screen, I will try more games with newer Pokémon (Resolute Version included, why not?)

You should watch Erased as soon as possible, it's one of the best animes I've seen...

Last edited:

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Oh, Leaf Green? I'm your common expert at Leaf Green. Ya know, just completed the game for the 93rd time last week...

Joking! But I have completed that game many many times, though I've never filled the national dex without cheats.

I will, I will watch it. And I'll let you know how it went, if you would like.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    To be clear, what I call "cheat" is getting items or Pokémon with cheatcodes, but using hack roms to catch Pokémon like Ho-Ho (unobtainable without having an item given in Nintento Events or cheating) is not cheating for me, because it's as hard as if it was official games (sometimes more).

To be honest with you, I have 384 Pokémon in Leaf Green, and the missing 2 are... Mew and Deoxys (now you understand my first post) xD

Yeah let me know about Erased !

So now it's 11:20 PM in France and tomorrow... Back to work, so I'll go to bed ^^
    See you tomorrow !

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Ah, now all is clear.

Good night to you.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2020
    Hey thanks ! (18 hours later) :D
    Did you play other hack roms you loved (even if you didn't complete them) ? Because I already knew the Resolute Version when you spoke about it and I'm always searching for "pearls" ;)

Back