• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello everyone!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2017
    greetings from Brazil. I've just bought Nintendo 3DS with Pokemon Y. It is a very nice game and its been very nostalgic to me because the last Pokemon game I've played was Pokemon Yellow. It's such a huge difference. I'm still a little bit confused with all this new pokemons but is nice to see lots of the old ones too. I'm big fan of video games in general and I look foward meet you.
    thanks!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    greetings from Brazil. I've just bought Nintendo 3DS with Pokemon Y. It is a very nice game and its been very nostalgic to me because the last Pokemon game I've played was Pokemon Yellow. It's such a huge difference. I'm still a little bit confused with all this new pokemons but is nice to see lots of the old ones too. I'm big fan of video games in general and I look foward meet you.
    thanks!
    Oh woooow that's quite the leap! My first pokémon game was Yellow, but I have yet to play the very newest ones. Do you think you will try some of the games in between at some point? Plenty of "new" pokémon there to find for you!

Welcome to the forums, also c:

Years
  • That would be quite different, yes. Good luck adjusting, if you choose to play through the game. Unlike G/S/C, more recent games don't tend to draw on previous Pokémon as much, so to be fair it should be mostly just a similar format so far as the Pokémon are concerned, but with replacements for various types of Pokémon which might show up, etc. Hope that's not getting in the way of the nostalgia, though.

Good luck taking that any further, though. Which other games do you play? Did you just get Y as a return to the franchise, along with other games, or have you intended on returning to the series for a while?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2017
    Adventure - Thanks for the welcome!. Pokemon Yellow is a classic for sure. I'm thinking to start Omega Ruby as soon as I "finish" Pokemon Y. But yes, I will try some of the "new" pokemons, lets see if they are as good as the old ones.

Illumine - definitly true, to be very honest It's been hard to catch up with all of these new pokemon, they are too many. The graphic of the game still makes me see how behind I was. It's been a good experience playing it. I'm also a big fan of Zelda series. I bought Ocarina of Time because I've played it on Nintendo64 and I would like to live the amazing experience again of playing one of the best Zelda's series ever. It's been nice to leave aside PS4 a little. Thanks for the message!

Back