• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, everyone!

Years
  • 'sup?; my name is Rodroek and i'm new to this board.

What should i say? I guess:

I'm a 21 years old male mexican university student, I'm into film, music, eating and sleeping. I first played Pokémon somewhen around '99 and only stopped playing after getting through White 2, deciding I could not afford me a 3DS to play the next generation. Now I just want this thing in my life again, and it's been surprisingly joyful so far.

These days I play:

• Red and Crystal in german to practice the language
    • PKMN Diamond and Black through my rusty DSi
    • PKMN Shuffle because why not?
    • A bit of PKMN Go
    • PokéMMO, I guess, but that bored me out too soon
    • a bit of Showdown, un-rusting me a bit every day with a few RU matches

If things seem good I might get a grip on a 2DS, try Gen VI and get ready for that VII stuff. Who knows? Hope I see you guys around and everything.

Cheers!

Years
  • Hello guys! Sorry for the delay, just got back in college so it's been a bit busy!

@colours:
    Nice to meet you, too! I also really only like the games these days, too. About Pokémon Go, well, I only started a month or so ago and even then I haven't played for two weeks. I'm level 9 but I got a lucky egg and a bait saved to go catch with some friends next weekend, so I hope I hit 11 before monday, haha. See you around!

@Archy:
    Well, thank you! And yes, I decided to get anything else that ran for the same price of a 3DS, but now with those 2DS prices I might treat myself with one of those. About ShowDown! I might get around joining the PokéCommunity chat whenever I find time to play a bunch of matches, so see you there tomorrow maybe? My favorite PKMN game is Crystal.

SuperKirbyTwinz

Twice the person...twice the fun...Twinning yes?
    Years
  • Nice to meet you!! Welcome aboard. Fortunately when the 3DS came out I was working, so I was able to get it. Are you considering playing Sun or Moon?

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
  • Welcome to the forums, nice intro mate =).

How long you been studying German?. I used to study it in school, however after not using it for so long I remember very little. Would be interested in picking it up again though.

Is RU the only tier you play? I used to do alot of LC, which was really fun. Just wanted to avoid OU.

Years
  • Rodroek, welcome! I just got done with playing the Gen 2 games again, so I definitely get why Crystal is your favorite. For me it's Emerald. I was in the same boat as you: wanting to buy a new system for the new games but thinking they were too expensive. I ended up getting a 2DS for a good price and have enjoyed playing Y version.

I think it is awesome that you are playing games in German to practice the language. That is a seriously clever idea. I really should do that with French!

Years
  • Thank you guys for your nice welcoming!

@SuperKirbyTwinz:
    Nice to meet you, too! I think I might get Sun, although don't think I have much of a reason to pick one just yet, hehe.

@abarai:
    Thank you! I've been learning for only 6 months now, but plan on keeping on it for at least a year. And yeah, although I haven't played as of lately, RU is the only tier for which I have built new teams yet. Might try my hand in other tiers once I feel comfortable again!

@gehringgame:
    Thank you! I will do just that and get me a 2DS, maybe in 2 months. And about the language, all I thought was "if these games taught me english, they might as well teach me german".

Back