• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello folks

velcro4hair

Still waiting for Mega Raichu...
    Years
    Hi everyone. I go by velcro4hair on here I suppose. I'm kind of starting to make some sort of online presence anyway...
    As you might guess, I am quite a fan of the Pokemon series, having started playing the Red version when I was 8. I have some working
    knowledge of many aspects of the community, from 6th gen battling and all kinds of mythos around the games. The majority of this has
    been gained from lurking, admittedly. irl, I'm looking to get into computer graphics and game design, which was probably inspired by my
    fondness for Pokemon and Nintendo in general. Currently, I'm trying to get into some asm hacking with the pokered and pokecrystal disassemblies.
    Although I'm also interested in some of the breakthroughs being made in GBA hacking.
    Well, sorry for the long-ish post, but I think I'll try to hang around for awhile.

Let me know if you're interested in my 3DS friend code or Wii U ID. I also have a PSN account if that's relevant.

EDIT: It also totally slipped my mind before, but I'm somewhat of an amateur at the current Pokemon TCG meta. Picked it up last summer and have been having some fun with the locals. I also have a TCGO account, which I believe is velcro4hair.

Last edited:
    Glad to see you have such a wide range of interests! PC is a very diverse forum so people like you tend to have the best experience here. I'm really into graphic design myself and dabble a lot there in my spare time.. do you have a gallery anywhere?

Anyways, welcome, velcro4hair. =) Good luck hacking and enjoy your time here! If you'd like to chat you're welcome to shoot me a message aaaand be sure to stick. Lurking is understandable but can't do that forever, right? Ahahah. Cheers!

velcro4hair

Years
    Hi Sheep! Thanks for the warm greeting. It's true that I'm into graphics and design, but up until now I've been kind of quiet about it; I don't really have anything easily accessible online. Sorry about that.
    Although yesterday, I was trying out making a gen 1 sprite with an image of Snivy. Then I realized first stage Pokemon use 40x40 template size instead of 56x56. Kind of bummed about that, but maybe I can get some input on it. Of course, gen 1 sprites are kind of small, so hopefully it looks decent. I'll link it here.

Looking forward to see what I can do around the forums. :)

velcro4hair

Years
    Hi Archer and thanks.

Just took some time to set up my profile here, now I feel a bit silly, since there was a place to post the info I was wondering about in my initial post, lol.
    Welp, time to explore a bit more I suppose.

Back