• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello! I new here!(But you knew that anyway.)

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2021
    Hello. Im am an avid Pokemon player (I'm re-playing Pokemon diamond right now) I'm also into sprite fusions/recolors(though i am a noob at these things.) I'm also starting to get into competitive battling too. The one thing(at least so far) that i don't like about these forums is that people who do sprite fusions, recolors, etc. seem to be looked down upon. Yes, scratching a sprite is hard. But fusions aren't exactly a walk in the park either.(the good ones at least) So i just dont see why we have a huge topic for people to get judged on their fusions/recolors(which it seems only people who do those get on there) when if you make a scratch sprite, you get a whole topic for your gallery of scratches... (Sorry for the little vent there, it just really bugs me when artist of different levels aren't respected the same.)

If your wondering, my favorite Pokemon are: Pikachu, Shedinja, Golurk, Zoruark, Lucario, Oshawott/Samurott...
    Also, mt favorite generation is all of them. There is no and there will be no "best generation" Each generation has its ups and downs, but they each are special in their own way. They also each continue an awesome rpg series!

Can i show you one of my sprites on here? Im not sure if we're allowed to put them in our "Hello" posts... If you want to see one of them, look at my Profile Picture.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Hi-ya, Sainan! Welcome! ^^

I used to be into spriting myself, but you know, I wasn't all that talented in it, and, eh, I never really had any time to improve. :( But you know, I still consider it to be fun, and I do like to see fan-made sprites and fusions from time to time! You know, I'm not so sure about how people view spriting, but you know, I don't think it's as looked down as you think. Well, that's what I think anyway.

Anywho, if you're starting to like competitive battling, that's cool! We're always looking forward on meeting new competitive players. :3 I myself, am a competitive player myself! If you want, you can take a look at the Battle Center if you need some guidance in competitive play, where you can ask for help if you've made a team, or, if you need some competitive help in general. You can take a look at the Guides and Resources for competitive battling here, just to help you familiarize yourself with the aspects. :3

And you know what, I definately agree with you about the generations; I think all generations are unique and special in their own way, y'know? Well, admittedly, I find myself playing the Gen I and Gen III games a lot more, but, each one of them is quite fun to play~!

Anywho, I really hope you'll enjoy posting, and enjoy your stay~! Don't be afraid on asking for help if you need it! I myself, am willing to help at any time, or you can ask a member of the staff team!

Years
    Hi Sainan, welcome to PC! <33 I'm really glad to have more pixel artists join us since there doesn't seem to be very many on the forum.

You're more than entitled to your opinion so no worries; agreed that fusions can be tough to make sometimes, I've tried like three times and couldn't get the two Pokemon to blend properly and look like a single 'mon rather than just two Pokemon mixed together. It looked simple in my eyes but boy was I wrong lmao. You're welcome to private message the Pixel Art moderator, Logiedan, if you'd like to make suggestions or have questions about how he runs the section. He's a very good person and will be willing to listen to what you have to say. Have you thought about doing that yet? :D It's good to be vocal since nothing will move forward otherwise, plus the mods here are quite responsive to feedback.

If you love all the gens you must be quite a dedicated fan! They're all amazing and deserve love. Each gen has its own pros and cons, as you said, so I don't like to compare them all - instead I'd rather just talk about how great they all are. And I don't mind if you show some of your sprites, though they'd be best in the Pixel Art section for sure. Wouldn't want this to turn into it a sprite feedback thread or anything, but if you only post one or two I'm sure it'll be fine! n~n

Enjoy your stay on PC! If you need anything, you can contact me anytime!

Back