• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello...I'm a newb.

Yukiko_xx

derp.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2011
    Hi, just made an account here because I want to learn to ROM hack...I have an idea for a game, but don't really know how to make it. Also my programs don't work? (like AdvanceMap and AdvanceText etc...)

Storyline of the game:

Three friends are starting a pokemon journey, and they go to Professor Stone's lab to get their starters. The player picks first, and then Friend 1 will pick the player's pokemon's strong point (if the player attacks the other pokemon, it will say, super effective) and Friend 2 will get the remaining Pokemon. Player and Friend 1 will have a battle, and Player will (hopefully) win. Then Friend 2 challenges Friend 1 to a battle, and (hopefully) loses. Annoyed, Friend 2 decides to become Player and Friend 1's Rival, and heads off for the next city. Meanwhile, Professor Stone heals all the pokemon, and tells them that along Route 1 (or whatever route they first head off to) there will be a tunnel called Mew's Tunnel, where there will be a Mew that gives them their Pokedexes. Player and Friend 1 head off, and after getting the Pokedexes, Friend finds a grass type pokemon, and catches it. Player will find a fire type, and (hopefully) will decide to catch it. Then they arrive at the first gym in Rockslide City. Friend battles the gym leader with his/her grass type, but lost. Then Player will battle and (hopefully) wins. After training a bit, Friend will also defeat the gym leader, and as they leave they run into Rival, who challenges them to a battle, but (hopefully) loses. Shocked, he/she runs off, saying that next time he/she will win for sure. After that, Player and Friend head off for their next adventure.

PS: i want to create my own custom pokemon. and BTW Friend will be following Player around for the whole game, he/she is like a partner for the entire thing.

I know I was supposed to do an introduction, but someone PLEASE HELP?!

thx

~yukiko

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Hell Yukiko, does that name have some relation to Yugioh?

Anyway I personally can't help you with the ROM hack but i am sure others on PC will, we have plenty of them ( we really do, we have more ROM hackers than anything ) that will be willing to help out
    (Just ask!)

Anyway welcome to PC, it's a great place. Read the Rules/FAQ and enjoy yourself xD

Quiet Pichu

I'm The Man who can't be moved
    Years
    Hey There, Welcome.
    If you need any help with your ROM hacking just have a look at all the tutorials, tools and scrap ideas in the Creative Discussion > Emulaton section.
    I'm quite experienced with ROM hacking aswell, So just leave me a visitor message, a private message or add me on msn if you need any help.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    That's a pretty nice storyline you have there.
    Once you fine-tune it a bit and make some possible adjustments, I would suggest opening a thread in the Scrapbox. ;D

Welcome to the forums!

I would help you, but I have retired from rom-hacking and I'm afraid I wouldn't give you very "up-to-date" advice. However, I do wish you well on your future rom-hacking endeavors.

Just don't forget that there are other sections you can post in here. ;D
    Enjoy yourself.

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
    welcome you-kiko,
    i'm mucus, i'm new here as well.. but greeting and salutations

Yukiko_xx

derp.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2011
    Thanks for the replys, (my name does not have any relation to Yugioh, infact I never thought of it. =])

I think I can manage most of the stuff, like mapping and spriting. What i need help with is

Title screen (I already made one, how do you put it on?)
    How to make the partner follow you around?
    And since my computer's stuffed, I have to use AdvanceMap at the library, but now it's like I have two seperate files, one with the sprites (on my computer) and one with mapping (at library).
    And also, since the player has a permanent partner, how do you make all the battles double?
    How to make custom pokemon

PS: Maybe the story is just a bit complicated. I got this idea from a roleplay a while ago....

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
    Welcome to PC!

Enjoy your hacking escapades, Yukiko :3
    Help your hack rise through the ranks!
    Let it be...
    POPULER!!1

-Roy

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Well, Yukiko, this place really is just for introductions and welcomes. XD You're going to have to search and take your questions over to the ROM Hacking forum if you want help and such. :x Head over to Emulation and find your answers through it's multiple sub-forums. :D Search (first!), use the question threads, etc. I'm sure you'll find your answers, good luck.

Welcome to forums and have fun with your ROM Hacking. :D

Back