• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello, I'm new and a bit nervous

Years
  • Hello,

My name is Leaf I'm 32 years old and been into Pokémon since I was 8 years old. I'm slowly easing back into the Pokémon scene a bit once again. Since well life happened as well different things happened to me over the years, and different interests took over. I always had strong passion for Pokémon and still love Pokémon very much. I had very fond memories of it growing up as a kid.The anime show I watched, I played the trading cards game as well collecting them. Lastly played some of the video games as well my favorite at one time was Pokémon Silver and I also really loved Pokémon Snap as well. I'm ecstatic it's re mastered and coming back~!

I joined here to socialize with others, finding like minded individuals who perhaps share the same interests, vewis, opinions or beliefs such as myself possibly. I suffer from sever mental health such as C-PTSD due to people hurting me countless times online and a few in person badly to sadly traumatically as well. I'm facing my fear of people and trying to engage with others once again. I'm very cautious and mousy at first but can open up to people eventually if I want to speak with them, if I'm comfortable and feel safe. I also apologize I like to talk to people 21 and up on here it's my personal preference for some personal reasons, sorry. I hope everyone can respect that of me. If you're under age I'll communicate on the fourm with you perhaps that is all. I strongly believe in online safety so I again apologize if thats werid to some of you however it's what I'm comfortable with and hope you can all understand.

I posted a few things already on here and just now getting to my introduction thread, so thank you for listening and I'll see you all around the fourm.

Please take care~

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Welcome to the Pokecommunity Leaf! Glad you could come aboard :)

I'm really sorry to hear about your past traumatic experiences online. Fact of the matter is though, we at PC strive to have a warm and kind community that's open for everyone of all walks of life and personalities to fit in and enjoy. Toxicity of any kind will be addressed immediately. I should know, I'm one of the staff and I'm proud to say the folks who run this place are awesome people. Rest assured you will be in good hands :)

I personally refer to this place as "a break from the usual internet". In the last year I've been heavily active on here, it's been plenty of fun times and peace, and I sincerely wish the same experience for you. If you ever have any questions or just wanna reach out to talk to me, feel free to do so! Me and all other staff members would be glad to help with anything :)

And make sure to stay tuned when Pokémon Snap finally gets officially released! Without a doubt there will be sizable amounts of discussions, and you won't wanna miss it :D

With all being said, enjoy your stay, and have a great day Leaf!

Years
  • Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate it.
    I was observing since joining here so far from browsing and posting it seems like a nice place and well taken care. Also I'd noticed it's manged wisely from the staff on here. I even see older people on here as well who are into Pokémon as well, which is nice to know. Thank you again for the greeting, please take care.

Years
  • Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate it.
    I was observing since joining here so far from browsing and posting it seems like a nice place and well taken care. Also I'd noticed it's manged wisely from the staff on here. I even see older people on here as well who are into Pokémon as well, which is nice to know. Thank you again for the greeting, please take care.

The staff being awesome is one of the main reasons I agreed to become a mod. I've never been a mod elsewhere because I thought it'd be too much hassle, but here it's a really chill and fun experience! And absolutely there's plenty of people your age being regulars around the site. No one is judged for anything physical here :) All we need you to be is to be a Pokemon fan!

Take care as well!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Aw, Leaf, honey. :( I also have CPTSD, so I understand those feelings and I'm profoundly sorry. I promise PC is a safe place for all walks of life. You might enjoy The Clubhouse where we chat about mental health, ways to cope, and just generally vent. If you feel up for it, of course! Otherwise, there's a plethora of things Pokémon related to chat about, so never feel too nervous to chime in!

And if you ever feel like there's an issue here, or just need a little help, please talk to any of the moderators. We're here to help you. (。・ω・。)ノ♡

GlakeGG

The Phantom Prince
    Years
  • Welcome welcome. This place has definitely stood the test of time so I'd say you'll have a pretty good time here.

Years
  • Aw, Leaf, honey. :( I also have CPTSD, so I understand those feelings and I'm profoundly sorry. I promise PC is a safe place for all walks of life. You might enjoy The Clubhouse where we chat about mental health, ways to cope, and just generally vent. If you feel up for it, of course! Otherwise, there's a plethora of things Pokémon related to chat about, so never feel too nervous to chime in!

And if you ever feel like there's an issue here, or just need a little help, please talk to any of the moderators. We're here to help you. (。・ω・。)ノ♡

Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate it. I'm sorry you have CPTSD as well. If you ever need to talk I'm always lways available.
    Please take care~

Back