• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello, It's nice to meet you all.

Days
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Very well then... im actually doing this, so... (where should i start?, right, introducing myself)

- [ Basic Introduction ] -
    I'm Liam Markson, i am 17 years old right at this moment, and i've been a fan of the Pokémon franchise since i was 6 or so, not an introvert, but a bit shy

- [ How did i got here ] -
    I actually never intended to make an account from here, but a friend of me convinced me to do so, since it might come in handy in the future, even if im not... too good with people, to be honest, it may be nice to meet some people as passionate as me, i think, so here i am

- [ About Myself ] -
    Because im not really good at this, here's the description my friend gave to me, thank you, if you're reading this

"A shy, but a really talktative kind of person, with a very bright mind capable of a lot of things, constantly sick and a bit of a workaholic, but probably one of the most loyal persons on this planet, and also the only person i know that can keep up a conversation with me for hours lol" - Ethan

- [ What im going to do ] -
    When i was 9, i discovered a small part of the pokémon community, which hacked the games from the third generation of pokémon, to make their own games, my little self was amazed by this so i tried binary hacking... at which i probablly sucked, but i enjoyed it nonetheless

Now at the present day, i plan on going back on this world, which as gotten bigger ever since, and now i feel like a magikarp in the middle of the rock tunnel, but i'll try my best, from now on i'll try to do a decently small hackrom? which will be pretty much Just another Pokémon Fire Red hack

I don't know what else to say here... if you got any questions about me or my next projects, please go ahead, but probably Ethan will answer some of those for me, if that's okay, welp, see you all later, sorry if this post was awkard, im not too good at this...

Days
    • Gar/Chomp
    • Seen Jan 30, 2024
    Hey man, hope you have a great time posting here, thats a really neat story! Whats your favorite pokemon and game?

Days
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Hey man, hope you have a great time posting here, thats a really neat story! Whats your favorite pokemon and game?

Thank you for the kind words, so... my favorite pokémon is Cubone, ever since i played FireRed and learned about the little lore it has, i just wanted to take one home and adopt it, i don't know why, i just want to hug one, Ethan used to tease me about it, well... i may be a bit similar to Mr. Fuji, i guess...

And my favorite game, well... im probablly the most basic person in taste, but it's Pokémon Fire Red, it was the first game i played, Ethan and i used to play, and after every gym badge, we would fight using our teams in Showdown, and to my surpise, i actually managed to beat him time to time, it's quite the fond memory, and it's also the game i used to hack when i was 9 so i have quite a lot of story with the game

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello there, and welcome to the PC!

There's nothing weird or awkward about your intro post, (you should have seen mine lol, I sounded like a dang robot) just take your time and get familiar with the sections you like, and try posting every now and again. (if you want a place with very friendly people to interact with, I'd strongly suggest the Forum Games section, the users there will give you a warm walcome for sure)

I wish you all the luck on your project! Now for a question... Do you have a favorite Pokemon Type?

Years
  • Very well then... im actually doing this, so... (where should i start?, right, introducing myself)

I'm Liam Markson, i am 17 years old right at this moment, and i've been a fan of the Pokémon franchise since i was 6 or so, not an introvert, but a bit shy

I actually never intended to make an account from here, but a friend of me convinced me to do so, since it might come in handy in the future, even if im not... too good with people, to be honest, it may be nice to meet some people as passionate as me, i think, so here i am

Because im not really good at this, here's the description my friend gave to me, thank you, if you're reading this

"A shy, but a really talktative kind of person, with a very bright mind capable of a lot of things, constantly sick and a bit of a workaholic, but probably one of the most loyal persons on this planet, and also the only person i know that can keep up a conversation with me for hours lol" - Ethan

When i was 9, i discovered a small part of the pokémon community, which hacked the games from the third generation of pokémon, to make their own games, my little self was amazed by this so i tried binary hacking... at which i probablly sucked, but i enjoyed it nonetheless

Now at the present day, i plan on going back on this world, which as gotten bigger ever since, and now i feel like a magikarp in the middle of the rock tunnel, but i'll try my best, from now on i'll try to do a decently small hackrom? which will be pretty much Just another Pokémon Fire Red hack

I don't know what else to say here... if you got any questions about me or my next projects, please go ahead, but probably Ethan will answer some of those for me, if that's okay, welp, see you all later, sorry if this post was awkard, im not too good at this...

Hello Liam, and welcome to the forums!
    It is great to see new members who have been long time fans of Pokémon (like me ^^)! Don't worry, there are more shy people here than you might think. No problem if you are not an expert in socializing, you are not the only one! ^^

Fire Red is a great game indeed! What is your favourite starter ?

You might want to have a look in the Fan Games section if you are into ROM hacks! Good luck with your project!

Days
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Welcome to the forums! I'm 16, so we're around the same age; I hope to see you around!

Oh, that's nice, i'll try to be active, probably in the rom hacking part of this site, it's not going to be much, but i hope it's decent enough to people enjoy my little games, so... if you like that side of the community, you'll probably see me often, heh

And Ethan and i will be answering every question you all have, so... i'll be still here, and, if some ask, why Ethan don't just make an account?, well, he's pretty much already into a lot of stuff, he'll be here to help me out, but i aknowledge he's already busy with his minecraft server, i play with him sometimes, and he's doing a good job, so... im glad he still have time for me

Hello Liam, and welcome to the forums!
    It is great to see new members who have been long time fans of Pokémon (like me ^^)! Don't worry, there are more shy people here than you might think. No problem if you are not an expert in socializing, you are not the only one! ^^

Fire Red is a great game indeed! What is your favourite starter ?

You might want to have a look in (insert the fan games section link)

Well, to be honest, you seem to have a bit more experience talking than me, heh... well, you are probably used to this forum, so it makes sense, and also thanks for the words

So... my favorite starter, in kanto, idk, i like them all, but while playing, i think i ended up preferring to use Charizard, mostly because i always end up lacking a good fire type, so Charizard it is (also to counter Ethan's devilish dinosaur salad), but if you're talking in general, maybe cyndaquil, it's cute and i want to adopt it, Liam Fuji mode strikes again! - Ethan

And yes, i'll probablly make a post there soon, as long as i decide exactly what i plan to do, it won't be mcuh i guess, but it's always nice to know where do i want to go, and thank you for the kind words yet again

PD: I had to delete the link in your message because it didn't let me send the response, sorry about that one, i think it messed up the answer

Hello there, and welcome to the PC!

There's nothing weird or awkward about your intro post, (you should have seen mine lol, I sounded like a dang robot) just take your time and get familiar with the sections you like, and try posting every now and again. (if you want a place with very friendly people to interact with, I'd strongly suggest the (Insert Forum games section link), the users there will give you a warm walcome for sure)

I wish you all the luck on your project! Now for a question... Do you have a favorite Pokemon Type?

Well, i'll try checking out the Forum Games section, but i think it would make sense if i was playing a game, so... maybe i'll try the National Dex, from Fire Red up to BW2 for a nice challenge, not today, because i can barely stand without massive headaches, but soon, i hope, but you'll be seeing me in this thread and also in the Binary Hacking forum (i know about Decomp, but im already used to Binary Hacking, and what im going to do it's probablly really small or simple so... yeah), and don't worry about sounding like a robot, it happens to me sometimes, but Ethan doesn't really believe me, heh

And thanks, i'll do my best, for my favorite type... um... i never really tought about it, since the pokémon i like are really varied it types (Marowak, Alakazam, Lapras, Kangashkan, Gengar, Magneton... and i ended up naming some of my FR team members...), Maybe ground types?, mostly for cubone bias, but the others (at least that i used the most) like Rhydon or Golem are nice too, and it's a really strong type (maybe too OP, Earthquake is really good)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Well, to be honest, you seem to have a bit more experience talking than me, heh... well, you are probably used to this forum, so it makes sense, and also thanks for the words

So... my favorite starter, in kanto, idk, i like them all, but while playing, i think i ended up preferring to use Charizard, mostly because i always end up lacking a good fire type, so Charizard it is (also to counter Ethan's devilish dinosaur salad), but if you're talking in general, maybe cyndaquil, it's cute and i want to adopt it, Liam Fuji mode strikes again! - Ethan

And yes, i'll probablly make a post there soon, as long as i decide exactly what i plan to do, it won't be mcuh i guess, but it's always nice to know where do i want to go, and thank you for the kind words yet again

PD: I had to delete the link in your message because it didn't let me send the response, sorry about that one, i think it messed up the answer

I just wanted to let you know I merged your posts since they were in a row, but you can always reply to several users at once by quoting them before writing your answer. Then you also have the Edit post button if you want to modify or add something in it!

Neat! Charizard has been my top favourite since Red! And I do love cute Pokémon too, Cyndaquil included. My favourite cute one is Dwebble... I wish I had one so that I could hug it!

Feel free to ask any question you have on the forums or Pokémon as a whole, we will be happy to help!
    And no problem, the website doesn't let users post links below 5 posts to avoid links spamming bots!

Days
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I just wanted to let you know I merged your posts since they were in a row, but you can always reply to several users at once by quoting them before writing your answer. Then you also have the Edit post button if you want to modify or add something in it!

Neat! Charizard has been my top favourite since Red! And I do love cute Pokémon too, Cyndaquil included. My favourite cute one is Dwebble... I wish I had one so that I could hug it!

Feel free to ask any question you have on the forums or Pokémon as a whole, we will be happy to help!
    And no problem, the website doesn't let users post links below 5 posts to avoid links spamming bots!

Dwebble, huh... (searching 'Dwebble' in google), ohhh... never heard of anyone saying it's their favorite before, to be honest, you have a good taste, not too sure how you would be able to hug it, the rock it's part of it's body?, or is it something more like clothes?, but eh, a cute pokémon is a cute pokémon, and if it's huggable, it's going to recieve a hug :)

Yeah, i noticed the link stuff, so... if i have any questions... where should i post about my project? since im probablly going to tell what it's going to do, and show a bit of my (utterly insane) brainstorms, probablly asking for ideas or feedback, i should try to do different posts? (like, one for the project idea and other for my random brainstorms or my overthinking), or doing both at once is okay?

PD (since i didn't realize the first message): Ohh, you could do that?, i found out really fast about the edit post, but i didn't realize i could just, reply to multiple users at the same time, will it be okay if you tell me how?, this is the first time i use a forum...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Dwebble, huh... (searching 'Dwebble' in google), ohhh... never heard of anyone saying it's their favorite before, to be honest, you have a good taste, not too sure how you would be able to hug it, the rock it's part of it's body?, or is it something more like clothes?, but eh, a cute pokémon is a cute pokémon, and if it's huggable, it's going to recieve a hug :)

Yeah, i noticed the link stuff, so... if i have any questions... where should i post about my project? since im probablly going to tell what it's going to do, and show a bit of my (utterly insane) brainstorms, probablly asking for ideas or feedback, i should try to do different posts? (like, one for the project idea and other for my random brainstorms or my overthinking), or doing both at once is okay?

PD (since i didn't realize the first message): Ohh, you could do that?, i found out really fast about the edit post, but i didn't realize i could just, reply to multiple users at the same time, will it be okay if you tell me how?, this is the first time i use a forum...

For your project, I would say you can try in the Games Showcase subsection.

As for how, just click on the Respond button in the posts of each user you want to reply to. Make sure to have them all quoted before writing your answer, for clicking on the orange round button deletes everything you might have previously typed in your answer.

Days
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    For your project, I would say you can try in (insert Games Showcase subsection link).

As for how, just click on the Respond button in the posts of each user you want to reply to. Make sure to have them all quoted before writing your answer, for clicking on the orange round button deletes everything you might have previously typed in your answer.

ohh, alright, thanks for the help, i'll try make a post now for my small project, so... here i go, again, thank you for all the help and kindness, i really appreciate it

Back