• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, New to the Community

BlazeFinneganIII

OG Trainer
Years
  • Just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself being a new member to the forum.

I'm a Video Game Designer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and I'm joining the site with hopes of learning how to edit Pokemon ROMs. Though that's my primary reason for joining I also look forward to contributing and investigating other sections of the community.

I started playing Pokemon back from the start, owning both Red and Blue Versions so I could trade with myself, way back in 1998. I'd have to say Generation 1 is my favorite of all the Pokemon lineups (Though I love the 2 new type additions in the later Gens). A few of my favorites from the other generations however are Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Sceptile, Zangoose, Toxicroak, Gliscor, Mamoswine and Scrafty.

Few of My Favorite Video Games:
    - Legend of Zelda Series
    - Mass Effect Series
    - Final Fantasy Series (including Kingdom Hearts)
    - Pokemon Series (RBY for LIFE!!!)
    - Halo Series
    - Shadows of the Colossus
    - Legend of Dragoon

Besides gaming my other hobbies are Movies (Chris Nolan ROCKS!!!), Sports (Big Syracuse Orange and Buffalo Fan) and Music (Love Post-Rock and Dub-Step/House)

Shout Out to Meganium90 for all the help! Hope to hear from everyone and talk some Pokemon
    - Blaze

Cid

Years
  • Hello to you, too, Blaze! Great to hear Megan helping you out, I saw a few of your posts in the Adoption Center too, actually. I don't know if I'm allowed to post there though, haha, I just sent in post comments. Anyway, back with the welcoming, it's a great time to be new to this forum! Everything will feel fresh, and you will make lots of memories. You made a wonderful start too with that introduction. So welcome!

That's a really interesting background. I assume you refer to ROM Hacking with that so I'll go on ahead and link you to the section. Make sure you read the rules there, along with the forum-wide ones, maybe check out a few tutorials or programs in the toolbox. I'm sure your future mentor in the Adoption Center will be a great help with that. Most people here are very friendly.

I started with the first generation, too, and I do love it. And you have good taste in your favourites, because I see Houndoom and Mamoswine on your list. It's also good to hear that you're a fellow Zelda fan, I love that series so much. I also enjoyed Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, and I'll go on ahead and invite you to the Square-Enix Fan Club, so you can share your experiences with what you played, haha. That club always needs the activity. By the way, Shadow of the Colossus was a really beautiful game, too.

Hoping to hear more from you too! Maybe you could go on ahead and post in a few discussion threads on B/W and its sequels, I don't know. Just try to keep the activity, enjoy the place, and make a mark! See you around.

EDIT: If the main site feels troublesome to navigate around, you can use the Forum Jump as depicted to quickly check forums near the current one you're browsing. It's usually on the bottom-right part of the page like so:
    Spoiler:

However it does not show up in the main site. You can also subscribe to a thread by clicking Thread Tools on the upper bar of a thread (the bar below the upper Post Reply button), and choosing Subscribe to this Thread. That way you can keep track of threads in your User CP. Hope this helps you in a way.

Last edited:

Zeroblivion

Brotherhood
    Years
  • Welcome to the PokeCommunity.

A Video Game Designer? I guess you might be
    older than me.
    I'm not interested myself to edit/hack ROMs, but I do play them. Sometimes.

Well you have a good choice of your favorite generation.

I also like one of your favorite Pokemon. The rest are good too.

I almost played all of those series' games. All of them are wonderful.

Especially Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Zelda and of course, Pokemon.

Enjoy your fun time here then. I'll look forward to your posts and maybe you could share something.

BlazeFinneganIII

OG Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks for the link Cid. I'm having trouble navigating around the site and finding the different types of thread sections like emulators, battling and general stuff. I see the dialog box at the top for new members and that's worked for me so far, but I was wondering if there is an easier way to find related forums via a drop down menu or something?

Glad to hear you all enjoy similar games

Doa

Analyzer
    Years
  • Hi, nice to meet you.

If you do begin learning more about Pokemon ROMs, could you teach me a few things? I'm quite curious as to how to make them myself.

Back