• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello PokePeople

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2014
    Hi I'm Damion; call me caroleel as that is my gaming name. Anyways, I am a 13 year old kid that is interested in starting to hack pokemon games! I've wanted to create one for a while now but haven't put to much focus into studieng how to do most of the works.
    Well just wondering if anyone wants to say hi and or maybe help me on getting started.

-caroleel

Also where would I go to show my ideas for a hack but not a product.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Howdy, caroleel! Welcomeeee to PC, friend. :3

To help you get started on your ROM Hacking, I recommend visiting the Emulation & ROM Hacking board! First of all, you can ask a question that's ROM related over on the Hacking Simple Questions thread, anytime you would like to have something cleared up! There are plenty of Tutorials you can visit where you can check out a guide to help you out too. To help develop your hacks, try checking out the Toolbox section, where you'll be able to find various tools that the members there have posted around! Ah, and there's also the Team Discussions section if you would like to gather up a group of buddies to make a team on helping you with your hack too!

Ah, well, I hope that all helps you out on getting started! There are also various forums around here on PC, like Pokemon General, Video Games, Technology and Internet, and so much more, so, I hope that you'll enjoy them! And good luck on your hack! I hear it takes a lot of work to get it done, but I know you can do it. :3

Haaave a blast, and enjoy your day, yeah? :3 Feel free to message a staff member anytime you have a question or a concern about the forums! And also, feel free to give me a VM or PM if you wanna chat too. ^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2014
    Howdy, caroleel! Welcomeeee to PC, friend. :3

Haaave a blast, and enjoy your day, yeah? :3 Feel free to message a staff member anytime you have a question or a concern about the forums! And also, feel free to give me a VM or PM if you wanna chat too. ^^
    Thanks for clearing that up! 8 knew most of that because I have been on here as a guest for some time but thanks for the advice on the Team Discussions thread.

Oh! Don't forget the quick storyline idea thread where you can post your story idea for your ROM hack. That's another great thread you should utilize to let everyone know what you have planned and keep track of things. Welcome to the forum, caroleel!

PC is a wonderful resource for anything related to ROM hacking.. there are pleeenty of tools to help people get started among other things, many of which the above poster linked you to already, so you'll very much find a home here. I don't hack myself but I enjoy seeing what others come up with because creative members are the best kind of members. :) As an artist and writer it makes me happy to see people work so hard to create a game many of us can enjoy. Work hard and eventually you'll be ready to publish something truly great.

Enjoy yourself, yes? I'm always around to help you find places around the community if you're lost but unfortunately I don't have talent in the hacking department as stated so in that regard I'm relatively useless. But a lot of others here would be glad to help! Have a fantastic day.

Back