• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    Hey there, guys!
    My name's Satiel, just found this place by browsing the web, seemed pretty awesome.
    So here I am!

What cool stuff is there to check out around here?!

:D

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Welcome to the PokéCommunity, Satiel! There's quite a lot to do around here, actually. :)

If you're still "into" Pokémon, there's an entire category of forums dedicated to generational discussion, and if you're into the anime or TCG, there's sections for that, too. Ahem, what sections are you into? :D

Years
  • Hey there Satiel, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach, and it's a pleasure in getting to know you! {:3}

Oh, we have lots of cool stuff to offer here! We have Pokémon discussions of the two current generations (the upcoming 6th and the current 5th), and you can find those sections here! We also have discussions for the older 1st-4th generations located here if you ever want to check out and discuss those games as well! You can also discuss the spinoff games (Colosseum/XD, Mystery Dungeon, Trozei, etc) there as well! We also have sections here for other Pokémon-related stuff such as the anime, and the general section to discuss Pokémon! We also have sections for creativity, where you can go for roleplaying, ROM hacking, drawing, and or writing! There's also the game development section for you to showcase a video game if you're developing one! (: And finally, we get to our entertainment/hobby sections where you can discuss pop culture, video games, and technology! Last, but not least, our off topic sections, where we have polls for the users, our Daily Chit-Chat, discussions/debates, fan clubs, and even forum games! That's all of PC, so feel free to post wherever you are comfortable! We also have our own Pokémon Showdown Server if you're into battling others online! :D

Anyways, if you do not mind me asking, could you care to tell us a little more about yourself, particularly your motive (or motives) in joining us and or your interests? That will help our members here in getting to know you better here as a member! :3 Like you, I discovered PC through a Google search, and joined immediately after I discovered the place. My motive in joining was to discuss all things Pokémon, though, and I was glad I came here! We have such a large community here that it's simply amazing at how much it has grown since I have joined here! And I'm sure you'll make lots of friends here, since we are such a nice community where no one bites at all, and the staff is very good and swift at cleaning out any drama that occurs here on the forum! :]

As a reminder, though, please be sure you look at the rules here, so that you don't wind up getting into any trouble at all.. the last thing we want to see here is a new member getting an infraction placed onto their profile simply by committing repeat offenses, but I have my hopes you aren't that type of person, Satiel ;)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate at all and feel free to ask anyone on staff around here! They are the users with the bold usernames, and they would be more than glad in getting to help you out whenever you may need it! We also have our Community Questions & Feedback section here, where you can also ask questions there, and even give feedback or make a suggestion about the forums here! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC, Satiel! Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to! And you are also always more than welcome in either leaving a VM on my profile and or sending me a PM if you ever wish to chat with me! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    Oh wow, quite the welcoming you guys have given me! I'm flattered and honored.

To answer Alex's question, I'm really into the first three generations the most. Those are the games that I've played the most and really enjoyed. I also enjoy the Anime, though just like the game - I'm mostly familiar with the first three or so seasons.

Well, to open myself up a little bit more here - I really joined for a couple of reasons. For one, I'm part of a YouTube gaming channel (known as "Challenge Acccepted") and recently we've been working on a series that incorporates Minecraft and a Pokemon mod known as "Pixelmon". The series is actually hand-crafted by a couple of our members, from the towns to the quests right down to the characters themselves. It's really awesome, we've been able to tell our own Pokemon story. Since Pokemon has been on our agenda for the last few months, I've been revisiting some of the older games/shows - I find myself reading more and more about Pokemon every day now! Ha!

So here I am, found this cool forum where I can browse and read about Pokemon :D
    Glad to be a part of this board! Looking forward to some great discussion!

Years
  • I think I've heard of Pixelmon before! That channel you're part of sounds absolutely amazing and I'm sure you'd get more audience if you were to link it in your signature. We have an entire subforum dedicated to showing off your videos and the like in the Video Games board so that seems like an amazing place for you. Surely you guys will soon get tons of viewers for putting so much work into something like that, right? :) I'm almost a wee bit jealous since I'd love to be part of a big project like that! Well, the future is always there, so the opportunity will always be right around the corner, hehe. Welcome to the forum!

But since it seems like you're mostly interested in Pokemon discussions, you'll find quite a lot of those here as well. PC is of course quite big on Pokemon discussion and I daresay this is one of the best bigger Pokemon forums out there since everyone's so friendly and willing to help out. A lot of the members are really creative, too - people are always dabbling in ROM hacks, drawing, writing and the like, so a person like you will settle in among these sorts of people quickly. We've a lot of fans here who adore the first three generations as well so you're in for a great ride discussing and reading about everything. Aaand of course the lovely Pokemon Anime board is right at your doorstep so you can go ahead and discuss the show there! I loved the earlier generations but Sinnoh didn't quite grab me as much as the rest. ;v; Though personally I found Unova pretty great despite the criticism it gets, haha.

Anyways, I do hope you have a lovely time exploring here! It's wonderful that you checked back on us a week later so I have high hopes that you'll keep logging in and posting around. You do seem quite cool, after all. If you have any questions just ask our staff and, most importantly, have a lovely time! <3

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome Cirno, I'll definitely put your advice to good use regarding my signature!

I think I'm just a nostalgia-nut, always did the love the 'good ole days' so I find myself preferring the older stuff. Though, I think it's time for that to change! Gonna try and get into some new stuff as well!

Thanks again! Cya around! :D

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Welcome Satiel, I seem a bit late to help you around but welcome to the pokecommunity

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back