• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, World.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    I'm relatively new to this community, although I'm far from new to Pokémon itself. I started playing Pokémon with the Red Version in 1998, and I've been playing up to now with the Black Version. I haven't tried Black or White 2 yet, because they're in an uninteresting place to me. Looking backwards, I'm most interested in the GBA games. Looking forwards, I'm most interested in what Pokémon on the 3DS will be like. I didn't really want to see yet another DS Pokémon game at this time.

Anyway, this seems to be a large, well-established Pokémon community, and I'm sure that I'll find a lot to talk about here. It really seems to cover all the bases when it comes to Pokémon, which is surprising because Pokémon is a large, sprawling thing with so much ground to cover. Most sites are more specialized in one area of it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Red version player here too! Oh the memories!~ <3 Although I do like Silver...I actually have that game. :D

Anyways, welcome aboard! It's wonderful to see you here. :) We are pretty large, and we are well-established. But you know what else? We're pretty friendly too, so you'll be more likely to meet new friends pretty quick, because we love Pokemon too! We do cover about all of the Pokemon franchise here, from the games, to the anime, to the TCG. Whichever interest you have, you'll more likely see a discussion or even a full section of it.

The games sections are some sections you'd be interested in. From Red to the speculation of the new game Pokemon XY, the possibilities are endless! Go on ahead and check them out!

Have a great time here, btw! Read the rules, ask questions, don't be shy to contact a staff member, and stick around!

Years
  • You're definitely right - PC is pretty much a community for all sorts of Pokemon fans, be it gamers or fans who prefer to delve into discussions about the creative aspects of the series like fanart or writing. I find that we're much more successful this way and it's great to meet all sorts of different Pokemon fans. n~n Welcome to PC, sir!

Great to have a very big fan like yourself here; I'm in the same boat, having started with Red/Blue in 1998 and still playing even now in 2013. Black 2 and White 2 were one of my favorite games though, admittedly, as I felt they were an enormous step up from their predecessors. Do agree that the GBA games were especially awesome though and I spent hundreds of hours drowning myself in my Sapphire game way back. My friend and I would often go over to each others' houses and mix records. :3 It was a very fun experience. My personal suggestion for you is the wonderful Advance Generation Gaming board if you're looking to discuss the main series GBA Pokemon games, but X & Y would be another great choice to explore. Great that we're not getting anymore DS Pokemon games since I've grown quite tired of them, having a 3DS and all, baha. About time they use all the amazing features available on this system!

You'll have a whole lot to discuss here since the forum's so big as well as a whole lot of people to meet. You've already met Meganium and now myself, so here's to a bright future for you on the forum! :D; It looks like you're interested in ROM hacks as well but I'll cross my fingers that you end up as an active community regular.. there's a lot more to do here than learn about hacks, after all. I can relate though since I joined in 2006 solely to download Shiny Gold but once I returned and started browsing more, the experience became a lot better.

Have a blast here and see you around! Be sure to contact one of our lovely staff if you need anything or if you want to chat. Generally we're quite responsive, all you really have to do is put yourself out there to get the most out of the community.

Years
  • Welcome to PC, Athenian! I do hope you're enjoying it so far.

Like what Cirno said, PC is a place not just for Pokemon fans, but also for those who want to discuss more than just Pokemon. In fact, we are a very diverse community, right down from the various topics to the members you'll meet along the way. I was a Pokemon fan since 1999, but never played a Pokemon game until I got a GBA SP and Ruby for my 11th birthday. I have since gotten a DS Lite and played 4th and 5th Generation, and also eventually a 3DS XL so I can eventually play Pokemon X & Y on it when I get the games.

Cirno recommended a few places for you to check out, but we also have some other fun sections like the off-topic board where you can always hang out if you need to take a break from discussing Pokemon, maybe even play some trivia games or join some clubs. And I bet you're excited for X & Y as well, they are gonna be awesome games and I'm glad I got a 3DS XL in time. Any thoughts on the new Pokemon? I think they all look really cool. You already got to know two members, and now also myself! I remember joining here in 2011 and I had trouble making friends, and look where I am now.

Have fun here, and remember to read the rules or ask a staff member if you need help!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

PandaBoy

gotta catch 'em all
    Years
  • Welcome to PC!
    I am also new to this site,
    but I feel like its the best pokemon site ever.
    You maybe feel the same way by now.
    But anyways, all the members here are
    so friendly and lovable.
    I'm sure you will love this place.
    I'm hoping to see you around ;)

Back