• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello y'all!

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2023
    Hello everyone!

I'm here because I'm sort of interested in Pokemon hacking, regardless of how outdated it may be. My friend AuraGuardianZach (not sure if he's signed up here or not) says I shouldn't try it because "it's too hard! Their tutorials are so hard to understand and it's costing Nintendo money!"

While his attempts to stir me away from Pokemon hacking are arguement-worthy, here I am. I've already hacked things before--the PC Petz games and then Fire Emblem roms after that. I've been looking at the tutorials and I don't think it looks THAT hard.

Anyhow...hello to everyone. I hope the people here are friendly. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'll admit, that "y'all" in the title got me to this thread. So all I'll say now is hello, I'm Silver, welcome to PC, and stay silvery...or bluey. Whichever you prefer. If you have any quiestions, you can ask me, or you can post them somewhere, preferrably in the right forum.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Welcome to PC, BlueLeafeon!

Don't worry, the tutorials are easy to understand, you'll be an expert hacker in no time.

Have fun, post heaps and remember to read the rules.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Hi I'm xxxLatiasxxx my real name is Kristen if you want to be friends just send me an invite well anyway welcome to PC.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    ROM hacking certainly doesn't cost Nintendo or Game Freak any substantial revenue, and it's not too terribly difficult to learn. I think you'll find the tutorials around here are pretty easy to follow, even if you've never even so much as heard the term "hex editor." Sounds as if you're a bit more advanced than that though. (>'')>

Hey there, BlueLeafeon. Nice introduction you have there.

Don't worry, we're pretty friendly. We only bite to show how much we luv you. :>

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2023
    Thanks everyone!

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed with this forum's "can't post URLs until you have 15 posts or more" rule. I can't post my Pokemon sprites because using IMG tags counts as "linking to an URL" :/

ROM hacking certainly doesn't cost Nintendo or Game Freak any substantial revenue, and it's not too terribly difficult to learn. I think you'll find the tutorials around here are pretty easy to follow, even if you've never even so much as heard the term "hex editor." Sounds as if you're a bit more advanced than that though. (>'')>
    Yeah, I know. This particular friend of mine is just like me: once he has an opinion about something, it's VERY hard to change it, and he has to try and convince others that it's true. And yeah, I've used Hex Editors quite a bit. :)

Back