• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello

Siigari

NU Addict
Years
  • Hi there! It's been about five years since I posted here, but I thought I'd swing by. I'm 29 years old and from Portland, Oregon. ;3

I used to play Pokemon very casually back in the day (Gen 1-3.) When D/P came out I got it, then fell in love with Battle Revolution. It was at that point that I became obsessed to create niche teams of underused/never-used Pokes to battle the big teams of ubers. I have to admit, there's nothing more satisfying than watching a Dialga/Deoxys duo fall to a Pachirisu/Dunsparce. I would fill box after box with Pokes in search of the perfect set of IVs and all that stuff. My friends thought I was nuts. During my earlier years in Pokemon I helped out with the Smogon community in writing the book on the Paraflinch strategy. Interestingly enough, it's funny to come back and see just how ingrained it is in the Pokemon culture. So yeah, now much time has passed and I landed here looking up random stuff for Pokemon emulators.

My favorite Pokes are probably Dunsparce, Dratini, Mawile, Misdreavus, Pachirisu and Bellossom. There are others but I can't pop them off the top of my head at the moment. There's a lot of Pokes!

I am a professional trance DJ for a living, and also a professional gamer. It's a life of luxury but also one extreme sedentariness, so I try to work out my mind playing some Pokemon while I get out of the house, taking a walk to the park (with my trusty Galaxy S3 by my side) and basically just enjoying life. I stream League of Legends, Guild Wars 2 and now Pokemon.

So yeah. I'm back to play Pokemon Generation 5. I am really looking forward to raising and breeding Pokes, as that was a really great hobby back when I played gens 3/4 and started to seriously get into it. I am really looking forward to a serious battle system in Gen 5, hoping they take stuff seriously this time around in regards to the various cups and rulesets which make the world of Pokemon overall a fun place (and then of course allowing games without rules, too is fun!) I have to admit I'm a bit put off by the discovery of the RNG system and how to abuse it; taking away from the exploration and experience that Pokemon offers by exploiting the inner workings of the game diminishes the value of a truly rare find discovered through normal gameplay. I personally hope there are some randomization workarounds in future games to remove this so the measure of a trainer isn't by how much they can tweak, but by how much devotion they put into the game.

Bleh. I'm starting to slide into another topic. At any rate, hello everyone, and I hope I enjoy my time here.

Oh, one more thing. If you guys are interested in watching gameplay, I do stream regularly. Check out my videos and live stream at www.own3d.tv/siigari. If you choose to follow, you'll get an email when I go live. You could even offer some real-time tips and advice to a newcomer to Gen 5! Thanks :)

Years
  • Hi there! It's been about five years since I posted here, but I thought I'd swing by. I'm 29 years old and from Portland, Oregon. ;3

I used to play Pokemon very casually back in the day (Gen 1-3.) When D/P came out I got it, then fell in love with Battle Revolution. It was at that point that I became obsessed to create niche teams of underused/never-used Pokes to battle the big teams of ubers. I have to admit, there's nothing more satisfying than watching a Dialga/Deoxys duo fall to a Pachirisu/Dunsparce. During my earlier years in Pokemon I helped out with the Smogon community in writing the book on the Paraflinch strategy. Interestingly enough, it's funny to come back and see just how ingrained it is in the Pokemon culture. So yeah, now much time has passed and I landed here looking up random stuff for Pokemon emulators.

My favorite Pokes are probably Dunsparce, Dratini, Mawile, Misdreavus, Pachirisu and Bellossom. There are others but I can't pop them off the top of my head at the moment. There's a lot of Pokes!

I am a professional trance DJ for a living, and also a professional gamer. It's a life of luxury but also one extreme sedentariness, so I try to work out my mind playing some Pokemon while I get out of the house, taking a walk to the park (with my trusty Galaxy S3 by my side) and basically just enjoying life. I stream League of Legends, Guild Wars 2 and now Pokemon.

So yeah. I'm back to play Pokemon Generation 5. I am really looking forward to raising and breeding Pokes, as that was a really great hobby back when I played gens 3/4 and started to seriously get into it. I am really looking forward to a serious battle system in Gen 5, hoping they take stuff seriously this time around in regards to the various cups and rulesets which make the world of Pokemon overall a fun place (and then of course allowing games without rules, too is fun!) I have to admit I'm a bit put off by the discovery of the RNG system and how to abuse it; taking away from the exploration and experience that Pokemon offers by exploiting the inner workings of the game diminishes the value of a truly rare find discovered through normal gameplay. I personally hope there are some randomization workarounds in future games to remove this so the measure of a trainer isn't by how much they can tweak, but by how much devotion they put into the game.

Bleh. I'm starting to slide into another topic. At any rate, hello everyone, and I hope I enjoy my time here.

Oh, one more thing. If you guys are interested in watching gameplay, I do stream regularly, check out my videos and live stream at www.own3d.tv/siigari. If you choose to follow, you'll get an email when I go live. You could even offer some real-time tips and advice to a newcomer to Gen 5! Thanks :)

Hi Siigari, and welcome (back) to PC.

Even though you've been gone for 5+ years, PC has changed a lot since then. There are new staff, some sections got changed but it's the same old PC we all know and love.

PC is such a fun place to hang out, I joined back in March 2011 so we haven't met yet. I have been a fan of Pokemon since I was 7, and even though I've just hit my 20's, I am not giving up on Pokemon anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure you're familiar with the forum, but just browse and have fun no matter what section grabs your interest. I hang out in multiple sections, including this one. PC just turned 10, and the whole community celebrated over the weekend.

Well, enjoy your stay and feel free to message me.

- Hikari10

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    Wow! You definitely are into those underused ;D Welcome back to PC!

Years
  • Welcome to our community, Siigari, it's great to see you here. n__n

Wow, it's certainly been a long since since you posted! But it's never too late to make a return to our awesome community. I love your devotion to using the more underrated Pokemon, because I'm honestly a lot like that as well. I prefer the underused Pokemon over the ubers by a long shot; I find it's a lot more fun to play with 'em!

Also, I definitely agree with you about it being more fun to obtain that rare Pokemon you're looking for naturally instead of messing with the system, though. That way it's a lot more rewarding! On that note, I really should get shiny hunting again, hehe. It's been a few months and you've reminded me of that!

But yeah, you certainly seem like an awesome person; you'll definitely fit right in here again. (: So make sure to stick around, all right? If there's ever anything you need help with, feel free to drop off a message in my inbox!

Back