• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

Years
  • Hello!

I tend to go by the internet alias of "Icyene". No, it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the Icyene entities from RuneScape. Bad name choice, I guess, but it has stuck.

Aha, there's the cheesy name explanation everyone seems to do, so at least that's concluded.

I spend my ample spare time programming. I am fluent in Java, and have dabbled in Python, C#, and more recently, Ruby (JRuby binding) and JavaScript (a little web design knowledge never hurts). I still prefer Java, so sue me. I don't intend to get in a holy war regarding which language is the best, so I'll end that at that. On a side note, I go by the alias of "Icynene" on programming-centered websites (and not Icynene spray foam, either!).

Some projects I have worked on include a set of plugins for the Bukkit server software, a Python, and later Java chatbot, and most recently a library for Java bytecode modification. I tend to start all my projects from scratch, since I find there's no fun if you plug in a few already existing libraries and finish. Due to this, they generally take many months to complete. Regardless, I don't drop started projects. Sometimes I've invested too much time in them to simple quit, and so don't. You can find some of my released work by looking my name up on Github. Or Bukkit. Maybe both.

Recently I've taken an interest to game development with the LWJGL Java Open(GL|AL|CL) binding. I shall not say why I'm here at PC, but I'd drop a hint and say it has to do with my latter sentence. What's life without a little bit of suspense, eh?

On the topic of Pokemon, I have been playing Pokemon intermittently since Emerald, with the exception of the newer Black & White series along with the breaking of my DS' top screen.

Oh, and as you can probably tell by the length of this post, I'm not the best at being concise :)

Anyways, to wrap this rather lengthy post up, I look forward to an interesting experience here at PC.

Last edited:

Oshy

♩♫♩
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    Welcome to PC!

I really love your introduction! It really told me a lot about you! So you say you're interested in programming? That's awesome! I've always wanted to learn some programming (as I only know CSS) to you know, lengthen my knowledge and just give me something to do.

You should really gather up a team here and put together a pokemon game, I think it would be really cool!

As far as me, the name's Joseph! I enjoy acting, dancing, singing, drawing, and writing. I'm greatly involved in the arts, as you can see, and I'm EXTREMELY talkative. Maybe a little too talkative, hehe!

I am very interested in talking with you! If you ever want to, leave me a visitor message or even a private message sometime!

Once again, welcome to PC! :D

-Joseph

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Welcome to PC, Icyene.

I must say that your profile is rather impressive. I am also an avid programmer/developer, and PC is a great place for someone such as you or I.

If you're interested in the Hacking or Development industry, just VM/PM me, and we could discuss about getting you RMXP Ace or Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate - on me!

Maybe we could even do a hack together, as my friend Oshy has said.

Anyways, have as much fun as you can here.

Regards,
    ~Tosaka

Years
  • I've never played Runescape so I can't say I know what you're referring to, but either way I guess that's no problem for me since you're not even named after that to begin with. Welcome to the forum!

Woow.. you're quite the programmer. @_@; I'm impressed! I was considering majoring in computer programming but then I remembered how much math was involved in the courses and... yeah. Math's by far my worst subject, ugh. But I do recommend stopping by Technology and the Internet, which is a board where all technology and programming-related discussions fit best. Perhaps you'll find it of interest? You'll probably have a lot to talk about since you're really experienced with the whole programming business and admittedly reading the paragraphs of your post about that almost makes me feel like I'm reading another language. Geez, I better go research some of these words!

But oh nooo, I'm sorry your DS broke. :( Have you ever gotten a new one? You should definitely try Black & White as well as Black 2 & White 2 since they really brought a lot of cool new things to the table. Most notably the animated graphics; those were breathtaking, omg. Black 2 & White 2 are really great sequels, too!

I like it when introductions are long since that gives me more to reply to so that isn't an issue at all. Hope you have a great time here! :D

Back