• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2023
    Was attracted here by some neat fan made pokemon games. Looking forward to exploring more of this forum. So just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Years
  • Hello fellow member with an adorable Pachirisu avatar, welcome to the community! Anything you'd like to be called? n_n

A lot of people love our fangames so you're definitely in the best forum for such. Are you into hacks or non-hacked games.. or both? I've tried some games from both Emulation and Game Development and they're all really wonderful. I think my favorite is probably Liquid Crystal at this point given how much there is to do, especially after having played Shiny Gold and being disappointed that it never was finished. :( You'll find plenty of games to try out to keep you busy so be sure to keep exploring and perhaps researching how to create your own game; we have a lot of resources to help those who are interested.

Enjoy your time here and be sure to give the moderators a call for help, of course. Everyone is more than happy to assist though, just as we're happy to talk to you, so don't hesitate or be shy. We want you to have a good time. :D Cheers!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'm looking forward on seeing your activity and contributions as well! And hello to you too!

Sooo, what fan games catch your eye so far? I really love Liquid Crystal and Dark Rising, in which I think they are really great games on which I believe they are somewhat challenging as well! And yeah, I really hope that you'll enjoy the fan games that are made around here! It's been really nice meet you today, and enjoy your stay here on PC!

Feel free to contact a staff member any time you need any help or have a concern about anything! We'll be more than glad to help you, or if you'd like to casually chat, my VMs or PMs are always open for you! So welcome to PC, and have a wonderful time. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2023
    Apologies for the late response, this was because I wasn't aware of responses here until just recently (unfamiliarity with forum notification software). It seems like a shame to let such bright, detailed welcomes go unreplied so here I am.
    Hello fellow member with an adorable Pachirisu avatar, welcome to the community! Anything you'd like to be called? n_n
    Just call me Emde, keeping it simple. That Pachirisu avatar actually has a story behind it, it earned its spot as avatar after my in-game Pachirisu saved my cahones many times in some of the most nail biting, down to the wire Pokemon battles I've ever had in a Pokemon game. Game was called Pokemon Reborn and was what attracted me to this forum. The gym battles in that game made me feel like I was battling competitively, all gym leaders had 6 mons and some outrageously unfair tactics. Made me feel like I was playing Dark Souls, the Pokemon game and I loved it for it :).

A lot of people love our fangames so you're definitely in the best forum for such. Are you into hacks or non-hacked games.. or both? I've tried some games from both Emulation and Game Development and they're all really wonderful. I think my favorite is probably Liquid Crystal at this point given how much there is to do, especially after having played Shiny Gold and being disappointed that it never was finished. :( You'll find plenty of games to try out to keep you busy so be sure to keep exploring and perhaps researching how to create your own game; we have a lot of resources to help those who are interested.
    Well I only played one fan game so far, but I've found a ton promising ones on this forum in the last few days. Liquid Crystal is definitely on my watch list. So far I'm preferring Game Development over Emulation but only because I have no clue how Emulators work (something about downloading VBA, ROMs and patching?). I suspect over time as I learn I'll get into both hacked and non-hacked games (I really hope so, there are really neat games I'm keeping an eye on there). But so far I like how Game Development games are just download and play and don't seem to wipe your progress with every update (since the saves are stored separately iirc, bear in mind my only experience with fan made games was Reborn which was an RPG Maker XP game and surprisingly hassle free). The impression I got from Emulation was that the games there require a process to set up and have a habit of wiping save data with every update. So I'm a little leery of having a go now, more like waiting until the promising Emulations are finished or more developed before I give it a try.

Enjoy your time here and be sure to give the moderators a call for help, of course. Everyone is more than happy to assist though, just as we're happy to talk to you, so don't hesitate or be shy. We want you to have a good time. :D Cheers!
    Thank you for taking the effort for your well thought out welcome! I wasn't expecting this, I thought this subforum was just a way of weeding out bots.

I'm looking forward on seeing your activity and contributions as well! And hello to you too!
    Hello to you too! I wasn't expecting the attention of two mods when I posted here.
    Sooo, what fan games catch your eye so far? I really love Liquid Crystal and Dark Rising, in which I think they are really great games on which I believe they are somewhat challenging as well! And yeah, I really hope that you'll enjoy the fan games that are made around here! It's been really nice meet you today, and enjoy your stay here on PC!
    I've only just recently started playing fan games. The first one was the previously mentioned Pokemon Reborn. Which was refreshingly difficult coming from the main series games (and X & Y being especially so).

I've made a big watch list in the past few days. This includes games from both Emulation and Game Development. However sadly the Game Dev games take priority over Emulation since I get the impression I can just download and play the former straight off whereas the latter may involve something more complicated in setting up.

With that done, here are the games that have caught my eye:

Pokemon Reborn: Played (only one so far), 45 hours. Done all the content and waiting for future updates. Love the story and love the difficulty. Though at times the puzzles can get really hard and the gym leaders have hilarious advantages that counter weaknesses. Plus it has some great music from youtube poke remixer GlitchxCity.

Will probably play soon:
    Pokemon Raptor EX: downloaded, looks neat. Its finished and the story seems intriguing.

Pokemon Ash Grey: downloaded, the premise looks interesting and I'm curious how the creator managed to implement everything from the anime in.

Pokemon Sage demo: downloaded, though it probably shouldn't be on this list. I found it elsewhere and I became morbidly curious when I heard 4chan anons were making a pokemon game.

On the Watch list (as in subscribed to thread):

Pokemon Adventure Red: Okay, I admit some part of me really liked the idea of the pokemon manga being made into a game. And its progressed quite a bit. Going to wait until it finishes before giving it a go.

Pokemon Light Platinum: Its really developed (completed iirc) and I've heard its the best gen 4 game out there.

Pokemon Liquid Crystal: I like how far developed this game is, though my first pokemon game was Gold most of my nostalgia was used up with the remakes. So I probably didn't give more of a chance at first glance but still subscribed due to how developed it was. Then again I never played the original Crystal and this game may have some surprises going by what you've (and others have) said. The Orange Islands and added later gen mechanics look interesting.

Pokemon Apollo and Pokemon ToxicPurple: the idea of playing team rocket is interesting. I know the latter game is probably dead and may give it a go but I'll wait until the former to develop more before having a try (I noticed saves being wiped by updates here).

Pokemon Phoenix Rising: Looks interesting, though it seems like it'll take a year before its released. Still keeping an eye on it.

Pokemon Super Eevee version: The retro graphics look interesting and the story is intriguing. Also the new battling system might be decent. I like the originality here.

Pokemon Chaos version: I like how far its developed and it looks interesting.

Pokemon Snakewood: Okay, the premise of zombies in pokemon is somewhat interesting. And I've been itching for a Hoenn remake... and I've heard its pretty much done which is a point in its favour.

Feel free to contact a staff member any time you need any help or have a concern about anything! We'll be more than glad to help you, or if you'd like to casually chat, my VMs or PMs are always open for you! So welcome to PC, and have a wonderful time. ^^
    I'll remember that and thank you for the warm welcome!

Edit: okay I've said the word interesting way too many times above... must use a thesaurus in future.

Last edited:
    Back