• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello

MySummerJob

Returning Pokemon Collector
Years
  • I'm not so good with these types of threads...

Anyway, I am an old fan coming back to the fandom. Just like most of the fans I grew up on the first and second gen. My first game in the series was Red, and I soon got Yellow. The last game I got in the series was sadly Silver... Back then I was more of a fan towards the cartoon/concept of the franchise anyways then a gamer. Although you might be wondering why I referred to myself as an "old fan coming back to the fandom".

Honestly when I was eleven or twelve I kind of grew out of the series and became a huge DBZ fan. I'm now 22 (almost 23 (in March)) and I'm getting interested in Pokemon again. I originally got bored of the games because they seemed to samey to me, but X and Y looks really amazing. I even looked back at some of the more recent games I missed out on...

Spoiler:

Speaking of Pokemon it is kind of hard for me to pick a favorite because they're all pretty cool. Even the new gens I originally blew of have pretty cool Pokemon. Although if I had to pick one it would have to be Raichu... I liked that Pokemon even when I wasn't much of a fan anymore. I know there are better Pokemon out there, but I still pick Raichu.

Other than Pokemon I love to watch Anime. That too I have a hard time picking out a favorite. One series that comes to mind though is Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad. Although I mostly enjoy stuff like Mushishi, Ghost Hound, and Paranormal Agent.

I'm also a huge fan of music, and my favorite genre is punk/alt rock. Other genres are cool too, but I mostly stick to rock music.

Feel free to ask me anything if you have a question.

Spoiler:

Ririchio-san

LoVe yOur EneMIeS. IT mAkES tHem So dAMneD mAd '.'
    Years
  • Hey Summer!Welcome to PC! I'm glad you're a pokemon fan again. and yeah, it is true that pokemon are really cool. And since you love music , there are threads for music section also . And Anime just ROCKS! So , what kind of music do you prefer ? J-pop , K-pop , English , or something?

Years
  • I'd really recommend B/W2, personally. B/W was good but B/W2 made the games even better and the fifth generation grew to become one of my favorites. So I'm probably a tad bit biased towards it. Welcome welcome, Summer!

X/Y were amazing so you've hit the mark with that. :') I spent 300+ hours playing my X version and am now patiently sitting around and waiting for OR/AS. Seems like Pokemon is getting better and better as time goes by! You should definitely stop by the many Pokemon boards and discuss your favorite games with us~

Have a good one and do ask if you need anything, yes? :D

MySummerJob

Returning Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • Thank you for the greetings =)

Hey Summer!Welcome to PC! I'm glad you're a pokemon fan again. and yeah, it is true that pokemon are really cool. And since you love music , there are threads for music section also . And Anime just ROCKS! So , what kind of music do you prefer ? J-pop , K-pop , English , or something?
    I'm glad to be a fan again too. Honestly it's more fun to be a fan than not a fan ;]

Already looked around, but I couldn't find the music section. I'll look a bit more later though. As for your question I already said that I love Punk music.

I'd really recommend B/W2, personally. B/W was good but B/W2 made the games even better and the fifth generation grew to become one of my favorites. So I'm probably a tad bit biased towards it. Welcome welcome, Summer!

X/Y were amazing so you've hit the mark with that. :') I spent 300+ hours playing my X version and am now patiently sitting around and waiting for OR/AS. Seems like Pokemon is getting better and better as time goes by! You should definitely stop by the many Pokemon boards and discuss your favorite games with us~

Have a good one and do ask if you need anything, yes? :D
    Looking at play through videos I find myself preferring B2/W2 over B/W. Personally I find that there's more in the second ones than the first. As for X/Y seeing how much the series has changed since the last time I was a fan made me extremely curious and drew me back in so I will definitely be getting them. I just need to wait for Nintendo to release the "New 3DS" over here before I can come back and play.

That being said though, I will be sure to ask if I have a question...

Spoiler:

Back