• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2016
    Hi there

My name is coldmethod and i have only just started to get into the whole pokemon craze. Im 34, I'm a computer technician and service manager by trade, i love cars and motor racing and of course my wife :). I know it may be a little late but i have been a fan of pokemon for years but never got any further than buying a plush pikachu for my wife and a squirtle watch many many years ago.

I only purchased a 3ds xl about 4 months ago and got smash and alpha sapphire and thats about it. I only got pokemon because it was cheap at the time and i thought hey why not. Now i don't have many hours into the game but i have to say it is the most fun and pain i have had playing a game for some time :P

So after putting about 10 hours into the game I'm at a bit of a stand still, I'm not sure where to go from where I'm at (trying to find where to go to get my 8th badge). How much more is there? I love the idea of catching everything and trying my hand at breeding pokemon (however that is done). I am dismayed however, i only found out this morning that the original 3 pokemon , squirrel, bulbasaur and charmander are not in this version of the game. How can this be, i would love to try and get them but if the are no there then how can you "catch them all"? I was searching online for a good community for pokemon and this one was at the top so here i am.

Lastly is there a forum here that can give me tips and tricks on Alpha Sapphire and where i might be able to find the wayward pokemon of my younger years?

Anyway thats enough of my chatter :P

Cheers

Coldmethod

Years
    So, interesting bio you got there, and I hope you're doing well!

I can understand your disappointment over lack of Kanto starters in the Hoenn region (1st Gen fan I presume?), but you can still get them in X & Y, or ask over in the Trade Corner section as recommended earlier. The Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire section has a thread where you can ask questions regarding the games so definitely consider it.

That said, great progress you've had so far and I'm sure we'll help you get further. Have an awesome time and don't hesitate to ask fellow members if you have questions.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2016
    thanks for the welcome guys

i need to tell you though i know absolutely nothing about the game lol. I don't understand any of the little things that would make the game more understandable lol. Its like any other game i have played i smash through until it gets too hard to understand then do my research :P

Coldmethod

Hi c0ldm3th0d, welcome to PC! Lovely having you. =)

I assume you've beaten Tate & Liza? Afterwards you should be surfing south from Mossdeep until you find a large circular diving spot. Use your Dive HM to dive in and look for an underwater cave to get into around that area.. and then you can proceed with the storyline! I loved that part of the game.

And yeah the Kanto starters aren't available. ; ; They're easily obtainable over GTS though and people in our trade forum would be glad to help out. I'd trade but I have to leave for work very soon... urk. Enjoy your time here and be sure to ask in the OR&AS quick questions thread if you have more questions!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I've learning about Computer Engineering myself! IT was a pretty fun course! But yeah, welcome! Pokemon is definitely a marvelous franchise so I hope you'll enjoy the aspects of it! At any rate, I'm Dragon and it's a pleasure to meet you! I have a couple of Pokemon plushes myself, with more coming soon... maybe!

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the games; I think Alpha Sapphire is fun despite what others might say about it; but I definitely can't wait for the new Pokemon games that will potentially come out like Pokemon Z and Pokken! If you're stuck in the games, the Pokemon gaming boards will help you out there; like the ORAS board is there for you in case you have any questions about those specific games.

I hope you enjoy yourself here! If you need any assistance or would just like to chat sometime, feel free to PM or send me a VM on my profile anytime and I'll help out as soon as I can. Have a great day~!

Years
    Hi Coldmethod, welcome to PC :) I see you're a computer technician! I'm in school right now to get my AS degree towards working with computers, as I've pretty much always had an interest in computers ever since I was a freshman in high school n_n Be sure to stop by our Computers & Technology section, since that's where we discuss all the technology-related things that happen in today's world on here, and also dwell into other topics as well related to computers!

Hope to see you around :)

Back