• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello!

Maekrow

Mae
    Days
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I'm Mae, I'm in my thirties and I am a lesbian and autistic and love Pokemon.

I've been playing since the originals on the Game Boy and have played almost every installment of the main series to date, including Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Black, Diamond, X, Moon, Sword and am currently working Scarlet, Brilliant Diamond and New Pokemon Snap. I also just started watching Journeys, and think it's a lot of fun. I like that it's kind of a re-telling in a way. I also like Sailor Moon Crystal for the same reason. My favorite Pokemon are Sableye, Murkrow, Smeargle, Celebi and Unown along with many others. I also run a little Tumblr Pokemon blog called Celeblog where I post new cards and other merchandise I get, plus reblogging art from people. I also just recently started playing Pokemon GO.

Outside of Pokemon I also have other hobbies, like drawing, writing, gaming in general and I like to ride my bike and I like fashion. I have two dogs and many cats and I like to read a lot. I just wanted a nice little community where I would be accepted and could talk about Pokemon stuff with other fans, because I missed how the internet used to be before social media took it all over.

I'm somewhat mentally slow from brain damage so please be patient with me. I'm not trying to be dumb on purpose, I promise.

Thank you and I hope we all have lots of fun together!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I didn't notice you had a proper 'Intro' thread, otherwise I would have greeted you here first... Whoops!
    Since I've already done that in the chat thread, I'll instead use this as an opportunity to mention that if you need any Gen 9 version excusive Pokemon, just let me know and I'll see about getting them for you! 👍

Maekrow

Mae
    Days
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I didn't notice you had a proper 'Intro' thread, otherwise I would have greeted you here first... Whoops!
    Since I've already done that in the chat thread, I'll instead use this as an opportunity to mention that if you need any Gen 9 version excusive Pokemon, just let me know and I'll see about getting them for you! 👍

To be fair, I made this AFTER my post in the chit chat thread hah But thank you! I'll keep that in mind ^_^ Especially since I didn't know Misdreavus was exclusive to Violet (which is the one I wanted, but Scarlet is what I got because I couldn't find Violet anywhere). But thank you, that's so nice of you!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    To be fair, I made this AFTER my post in the chit chat thread hah But thank you! I'll keep that in mind ^_^ Especially since I didn't know Misdreavus was exclusive to Violet (which is the one I wanted, but Scarlet is what I got because I couldn't find Violet anywhere). But thank you, that's so nice of you!

Of course! I enjoy helping out with trades and such. Just send me a PM whenever you feel like it with whatever Pokemon you're looking for and we can set up a trade. 👍 (though I may need some time to hunt/breed any I don't have on hand)

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years

I've been playing since the originals on the Game Boy and have played almost every installment of the main series to date, including Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Black, Diamond, X, Moon, Sword and am currently working Scarlet, Brilliant Diamond and New Pokemon Snap. I also just started watching Journeys, and think it's a lot of fun. I like that it's kind of a re-telling in a way. I also like Sailor Moon Crystal for the same reason. My favorite Pokemon are Sableye, Murkrow, Smeargle, Celebi and Unown along with many others. I also run a little Tumblr Pokemon blog called Celeblog where I post new cards and other merchandise I get, plus reblogging art from people. I also just recently started playing Pokemon GO.

Outside of Pokemon I also have other hobbies, like drawing, writing, gaming in general and I like to ride my bike and I like fashion. I have two dogs and many cats and I like to read a lot. I just wanted a nice little community where I would be accepted and could talk about Pokemon stuff with other fans, because I missed how the internet used to be before social media took it all over.

I'm somewhat mentally slow from brain damage so please be patient with me. I'm not trying to be dumb on purpose, I promise.

Welcome to the forums Maekrow! :D
    I see you like to draw, I love to draw as well! what's your favorite thing to draw?
    Anyway, if you feel confused, feel free to ask any questions!

Maekrow

Mae
    Days
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Of course! I enjoy helping out with trades and such. Just send me a PM whenever you feel like it with whatever Pokemon you're looking for and we can set up a trade. 👍 (though I may need some time to hunt/breed any I don't have on hand)

Thank you so much again! Question, because I am slow but...I know you need Nintendo Online to play with other people, but do you need it to trade too?

Welcome to the forums Maekrow! :D
    I see you like to draw, I love to draw as well! what's your favorite thing to draw?
    Anyway, if you feel confused, feel free to ask any questions!

I like to draw a lot of stuff! I don't do fanart, but I like to draw my own comic strips and graphic novels and stuff ^_^ What about you??

Thanks for being so welcoming and kind!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Thank you so much again! Question, because I am slow but...I know you need Nintendo Online to play with other people, but do you need it to trade too?

I believe it is needed yes.

Also I merged your posts together because they were right after each other, but if you want to reply to multiple people at once, all you need to do is click on the 'Respond' button on all the posts you want to reply to. 👍

Years
    Hello!

Did you play any other remakes aside from Brilliant Diamond? Do you prefer the originals or the remakes?
    Haven't seen New Snap mentioned in a while. Are you enjoying the game? Do you intend to finish the photodex or will you just be finishing the story?

Also, you can still trade locally without Nintendo Switch Online. But if you want to trade via internet then yes, you need NSO.

Years

Hello Mae, and welcome to the forums!
    You will find lots of people who love Pokémon here! It is great to see more new members who have been playing since the first generation (like me ^^). All of these Pokémon are great! Except Murkrow, such a ruffian
    *Ahem* ... I read a lot too!
    What are your favourite starters in the three first generations ?

Maekrow

Mae
    Days
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Hello!

Did you play any other remakes aside from Brilliant Diamond? Do you prefer the originals or the remakes?
    Haven't seen New Snap mentioned in a while. Are you enjoying the game? Do you intend to finish the photodex or will you just be finishing the story?

Also, you can still trade locally without Nintendo Switch Online. But if you want to trade via internet then yes, you need NSO.

I actually have not played any other remakes no! I reeeeallly wanted to play Soul Silver but I just could never find it, and now it's super expensive, so. I might play it on an emulator one day just to see, since Silver is my favorite game, but who knows. I'd prefer to play it actually on the device it was released on. I really like New Snap! I never played the original Snap, so this is kind of new territory for me, but it's super super cute and very relaxed, which is what I wanted. I may try to finish the photodex, just because it's so enjoyable to play ^_^

A shame that you need NSO for online trading :/

Hello Mae, and welcome to the forums!
    You will find lots of people who love Pokémon here! It is great to see more new members who have been playing since the first generation (like me ^^). All of these Pokémon are great! Except Murkrow, such a ruffian
    *Ahem* ... I read a lot too!
    What are your favourite starters in the three first generations ?

Heck yes, I always feel like I'm so old because I've been playing since Gen 1 lol Nice to find others who have been too! I will, however, not stand for this Murkrow slander, they are my baby. What do you like to read?? I am reading so many books right now!

I think my favorite starters in the first three gens are Bulbasaur, then Totodile, then Torchic!

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
    Years
    I actually have not played any other remakes no! I reeeeallly wanted to play Soul Silver but I just could never find it, and now it's super expensive, so. I might play it on an emulator one day just to see, since Silver is my favorite game, but who knows. I'd prefer to play it actually on the device it was released on. I really like New Snap! I never played the original Snap, so this is kind of new territory for me, but it's super super cute and very relaxed, which is what I wanted. I may try to finish the photodex, just because it's so enjoyable to play ^_^

A shame that you need NSO for online trading :/

Heck yes, I always feel like I'm so old because I've been playing since Gen 1 lol Nice to find others who have been too! I will, however, not stand for this Murkrow slander, they are my baby. What do you like to read?? I am reading so many books right now!

I think my favorite starters in the first three gens are Bulbasaur, then Totodile, then Torchic!

Hello, new one! I was a little late because busy with my life and whatever (i haven't present myself anyway)

You call me Newbie ( there a lot of things i need to learn about this forum). I'm also a huge fan of Pokémon, specially Gen 3. My favorite starter is Mudkip because it's so cute.

Plus, i like drawing and reading ( but i'm still practising my way of drawing, so i can't tell very much)

Years

Interesting! My own favourite in the three first generations are the lines of Charmander (because fire dragon!), Cyndaquil (so cute!) and Mudkip (one Pokémon team, I soloed the entire Ruby game, League included, with just Swampert! ^^).

What do I read ? Many things, mystery novels, science-fiction, fantasy, History books, science magazines, video games books, chocolate recipes books, ... ^^
    How about you ?

Maekrow

Mae
    Days
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Hello, new one! I was a little late because busy with my life and whatever (i haven't present myself anyway)

You call me Newbie ( there a lot of things i need to learn about this forum). I'm also a huge fan of Pokémon, specially Gen 3. My favorite starter is Mudkip because it's so cute.

Plus, i like drawing and reading ( but i'm still practising my way of drawing, so i can't tell very much)

Hiya! Nice to meet you! Mudkip is a pretty good choice, I won't lie, they are outright adorable. What do you like drawing and reading??

Interesting! My own favourite in the three first generations are the lines of Charmander (because fire dragon!), Cyndaquil (so cute!) and Mudkip (one Pokémon team, I soloed the entire Ruby game, League included, with just Swampert! ^^).

What do I read ? Many things, mystery novels, science-fiction, fantasy, History books, science magazines, video games books, chocolate recipes books, ... ^^
    How about you ?

It was a real toss up, I admit, for me, between Cyndaquil and Totodile, because you're right...Cyndaquil is a real cutie! I have always wanted to do a challenge like that but with just Magikarps that never evolve, just to see if it's possible lolol

Oooh that IS a bit of everything! I mostly read general fiction and kids books. Despite my problems mentally I actually have a very high reading level and was reading college level novels in the 5th grade, so it's something I really love. I'm currently reading the Warrior Cats series though for the first time cause I've always been curious about it!

MVs.C Fan

Newbie (ChillEnjoyer)
    Years
    Hiya! Nice to meet you! Mudkip is a pretty good choice, I won't lie, they are outright adorable. What do you like drawing and reading??

Mainly, i like drawing characters. I have few ones on my art book (to give it a name, because i only use it for this). I'm not good drawing legs, hands or feet so maybe some tips would be very helpful (plus, i love Metal Sonic, is such a badass rival for Sonic!).

I don't have a defined taste about what kind of books i like to read, but if i have to chose one definitely i like comics (i read any kind of book if they entertainming me anyway).

What do you like to draw and do you know about Pokémon hack rom's?

Back