• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hellsing

Years
    This thread is for both the Hellsing Anime and Manga. Discuss anything you wish here, but I advise to give warnings for spoilers for those who would pull a freaky, XD

Anyways, I have only just started to watch the Anime after nagging my father to get me the first DVD. I first got into it after doing a search for Anime at Anime Online UK and I found this, Vampires, Gore?.it was just made for me XD

Anyways, I found it amazing, it was the best Anime I have seen, though I have only seen few I don?t think any thing can mach it in my opinion because it is exactly what I like. I was sick of watching PG Anime and U, so I decided to look for a 15?s and I found this.

XP, I am now nagging my father for the other 3 DVD?s because I am simply hooked and I plan on buying the Manga when I get a job this summer, because I have heared so many amazing things about it.

So, anyways, discuss. Alucard is by far my favourite, and this is the first anime that has actually got me into a Het Pairing (Alucard x Integra) and that has to be something because I am a major Yaoi fan x.x

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    OMG HELLSING YAY.

Hellsing is THE BEST anime I've watched. Only 13 eps but still... It's so amazing, especially the end.

Years
    Hah hah, Hellsing fans, yay! I have only seen 3 episodes (Volume 1) but my father finally ordered the next 3 episodes for me (Volume 2)...bit of a bummer that there are only 13 episodes though...but still I have the Manga to back that up when I get it XD and its better having them on DVD ^_-

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
    OMFG! I love Hellsing!! <33333
    I've only watched like three episodes but they were totaly wicked! Haven't read the manga though, but one night just flipping through channels I saw this anime with vampires (my fav, next to werewolves =3) and got hooked on it!

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    Seriously, Hellsing is the best anime I've seen. The story is just sexy.

Years
    Sorry for the bump and all, but there is no point in me making another thread when I was the one that made it, you know.
    Anyways, dude's, check it!

The OVA trailer!:

STREAMING VIDEO:

https://ruliweb3.dreamwiz.com/rulib...vie&page=2&num=2023&find=&ftext=&left=m&time=

NON-STREAMING VIDEO FILE: (thanks to Os3y3ris)

https://tong.bucheon.ac.kr/pds/board/anipds/upfile/hellsing.wmv

It takes time to load, so be pacient, it will help if you have no protection on at that time as well (Norton Personal Firewall ??)

Anyways, all the thanks goes to Thess/ Sir Hellsing/ Schrodinger for posting it up on her LJ acount and then at Hellsing Project Forums. But thanks also goes to John Cashin for actually finding it...but then I would have never had seen it if it weren't for Thess XD

So no credit at all to me, it all goes to them, but we must share!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2006
    i dono, i watched this anime and couldn't help but feel that it had no charactor developement... alucard just is bad *** and doesn't really change at all through the whole series.

Jeudi

A witch...?
    Years
    I like the manga, and the story is much darker than most I read. If you want to diss an anime or a manga, give reason behind it. I'd like to see the proof you have Tsugi.

Years
    What Jeudi said, I find that it does have character devolpment, you just have to pay close atention. Alucard does change if you study his character propperly, as do the rest of the cast.

Also just because you dont think that characters develope, doesn't really give you an excuse to diss an Anime...give some reason as to why you don't like the story line and what not, dude.

(I'm protective, I know...sue me)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2006
    Jeudi said:
    I like the manga, and the story is much darker than most I read. If you want to diss an anime or a manga, give reason behind it. I'd like to see the proof you have Tsugi.
    how about the main charactor, she never changes through the whole series... i mean the series is in serrious lack on character developement, and although yo usay it isn't a reason the series is bad, character developement is one of the most important things in any story. Honestly i loved the animation and the idea, but the total lack of developement made is sorta :\ .

Years
    Integral? I wouldn't exactly say she is the main character, Alucard has the bigger part in it.

But anyway, because it was such a short Anime, there was little room for character development. But I have to disagree with you again there, Integral does change, I mean, look at the backflash to her childhood, you can see how she has developed from that, can you not?

Rea

A Lone Flower
    Years
    I've seen the anime, but I'm still trying to find any store that sells the manga where I live.
    My friend had the DVDs so I went around hers, watched them all at ocne and then decided to get my own Hellsing DVDs. I only own volume two as I couldn't find volume one anywhere...

Jeudi

A witch...?
    Years
    tsugi said:
    how about the main charactor, she never changes through the whole series... i mean the series is in serrious lack on character developement, and although yo usay it isn't a reason the series is bad, character developement is one of the most important things in any story. Honestly i loved the animation and the idea, but the total lack of developement made is sorta :\ .

However, reading the manga proves a much needed look. There is tons of character development and backstory in the manga. The manga also contains much more filler history and character backstories. Read the manga before you diss the whole anime together.

Shirt_Guy_Dom

L33t One
    Years
    Hellsing is 5\/\/227! It's one of my favorite anime series and i expecially love seras. she's got that awsome gun and 5\/\/337 moves!(yes i am a pathetic fanboy so :p)

Years
    Seras is the only character that I cannot stand I'm sorry to say, but I won't go on a ranting spree about her, because I will start a flame and we don't want that now do we? Ill just say that I dislike characters who appear ditzy.

I'm 100% Alucard and Integral Fangirl!

Years
    I've seen the whole serie (13 eps) and slightly waiting to see OVA. There was some plotholes, and perhaps I was too stupid to understand the ending - I didn't get a clue of it. xD But, what do I love in Hellsing? Music, the overall atmosphere and colours. It has very good graphics and songs like Alucard's theme or Logos naki world are constatly playing. I forgive all those small mistakes 'cause of them. <3

My favorite character... Usually I don't like too much women in anime, but Integra Hellsing kicks ***. She has some style, you know. :D I like Alucard too, but I think he's better on manga. (which I have read just one volume. Waiting for more, but Black Horse products are so expensive to buy... :x) Yes, there's more humour in manga. And nazis. Erm, but I like the black humor really much.. \o/ .... And of course Alexander Andersson's accent.

Back