• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help-14's GenV Item receive Scene

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
  • This script was made by Help-14 if you are using this script, the script is slightly edited by me to work on essentials v13 and also edited further by Black Eternity and TACHAN ^^ for fixes and easy use.

I re-uploaded this because the old links uploaded by Help-14 were dead.

The script and sample graphic is in attachment just save the sample graphic in pictures folder and install the script above main and save, To use in your event, simply put
    Script: pbReceiveItemPop(:ITEM)
    Where ITEM = your item name
    EX:

pbReceiveItemPop(:POKEBALL)
    pbReceiveItemPop(:TWISTEDSPOON)
    pbReceiveItemPop(:GRASSMAIL)
    pbReceiveItemPop(:XATTACK)
    Note: Goto thread tools》 View Printable version》Then copy script, if you dont then script will not be correctly copied, if that does not work download the file in the attachments.
    Spoiler:

Here is a screen of how it looks (This is from my fan-game so please don't steal anything ^^)
    15cftol.jpg

Don't use the above image, but the one in attachments ^^ .

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • And at the lines
    Code:
          pbWait(3)
    you can change the number to decrease the time till its shown, so the greater the number the slower it is and vice versa.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Nice! I still have most of help-14's scripts and this was one of the scripts I redid for V13 a few weeks ago, albeit I made it fancier (and I use that word loosely) with a few flashes for good measure.

Lookin' smooth! (And sweet tiles.)

Black Eternity

Lord of Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    Hey this script was kind of bothering me because of its unnecessary length and repeating itself for no reason. So I modified it a little bit so its much shorter and also supports all 8 bag pockets.

I have tested it many times, with all types of items and so far have not come across any errors, but if you happen to find one, please post it and I will attempt to fix it.

To use in your event, simply put
    EX:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • Hey this script was kind of bothering me because of its unnecessary length and repeating itself for no reason. So I modified it a little bit so its much shorter and also supports all 8 bag pockets.

I have tested it many times, with all types of items and so far have not come across any errors, but if you happen to find one, please post it and I will attempt to fix it.

To use in your event, simply put
    EX:

Spoiler:
    Thanks ill add it onOP ^^ :)

Years
  • I don't know why, but when i call pbReceiveItemPop(:POKEBALL) or other item, in an npc event it runs just fine, but when i tried to save the game after receive item script it appears save failed and i cannot save the game permanently and when i start a new game i've got an error. But if i dont ativate the npc event script, the game allows to save normaly, this is odd no?

save_f10.png

This error appears when i start the game, but if i pressed OK the game intro runs fine and before the new / load screen this error appears.

save_f11.png

After this my game report that the save game is corrupt or incompatible with my game and asked me to delete it. It appears Yes or No, if no game crashes and quit, if yes the game delete the save game and runs normaly, but i'll never be able to save the game. I think this is odd, because this is the only script that cause me this kind of errors and i dont know why. I tested all other scripts and events and them run just fine without errors. If you can help me to figure it out why or what causing this errors, let me know, thanks in advance its a good script anyway.

Note: I put your script above MAIN and copy from PRINTABLE VERSION.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    I don't know why, but when i call pbReceiveItemPop(:POKEBALL) or other item, in an npc event it runs just fine, but when i tried to save the game after receive item script it appears save failed and i cannot save the game permanently and when i start a new game i've got an error. But if i dont ativate the npc event script, the game allows to save normaly, this is odd no?

save_f10.png

This error appears when i start the game, but if i pressed OK the game intro runs fine and before the new / load screen this error appears.

save_f11.png

After this my game report that the save game is corrupt or incompatible with my game and asked me to delete it. It appears Yes or No, if no game crashes and quit, if yes the game delete the save game and runs normaly, but i'll never be able to save the game. I think this is odd, because this is the only script that cause me this kind of errors and i dont know why. I tested all other scripts and events and them run just fine without errors. If you can help me to figure it out why or what causing this errors, let me know, thanks in advance its a good script anyway.

Note: I put your script above MAIN and copy from PRINTABLE VERSION.

Hi!
    Same error here! I'm used Pokemon Essential V15.1.

Only this error happens if you obtain an item by means of this script.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • Hi!
    Same error here! I'm used Pokemon Essential V15.1.

Only this error happens if you obtain an item by means of this script.

Oh.. this is bad, seems the script is only for lower versions, ill make this thread experimental, till the bug is fixed, for the current version.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    You have to remove every @ from @bg and @item. It should work fine.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • You have to remove every @ from @bg and @item. It should work fine.

lol okay i see that is the problem, it must have been intervening with the save system i guess those "@" , thanks ^^
    could you tell me how the @ was messing the save system?

EDIT: Removed the "@" , i cannot test it atm, if anyone can, please test it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Don't work with pbReceiveItemPop(:POTION) or other item.

Exception: RuntimeError
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Message: (eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pbReceiveItemPop' for #<Interpreter:0x10b161b8>
    ***Full script:
    pbReceiveItemPop(:POTION)
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:794:in `eval'
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:794:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in `update'
    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
    Interpreter:198:in `update'
    Scene_Map:103:in `updateOldFL'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:794:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in `update'
    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
    Interpreter:198:in `update'
    Scene_Map:103:in `updateOldFL'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `updateOldFL'
    This exception was logged in

Years
  • Don't work with pbReceiveItemPop(:POTION) or other item.

Look at the script you added
    He changed the name of the method in it (to def Gen5ReceiveItem(item))
    mustafa505, if you change the method names in your scripts I'd suggest you add an alias to avoid breaking events already implemented.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • Look at the script you added
    He changed the name of the method in it (to def Gen5ReceiveItem(item))
    mustafa505, if you change the method names in your scripts I'd suggest you add an alias to avoid breaking events already implemented.
    Oi i forgot i was using an older version, which was not changed by Black Eternity, i will fix the script in OP.
    EDIT: In essentials v15.1, i receive this error, i do not know what is causing this error, it is happening in v14~v15,
    it seems the error is due to removing the @ from the script? any solutions?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Oi i forgot i was using an older version, which was not changed by Black Eternity, i will fix the script in OP.
    EDIT: In essentials v15.1, i receive this error, i do not know what is causing this error, it is happening in v14~v15,
    Same error in v15.1
    :S

The error seems to be here?(I marked in red):
    Spoiler:

If I delete all those lines of "item", no error occurs, but only appears the green background. (without the image of item "POTION", for example)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oi i forgot i was using an older version, which was not changed by Black Eternity, i will fix the script in OP.
    Spoiler:

You're using item as your parameter, and then trying to make item reference to a Sprite object instead.
    If you make this method in it's own scene, you can use any class variables (@) that you want without interfering with other things. That'd be my recommendation.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2022
    Perfect! Already work!
    I changed all "item." or "item=" to "sprite"

Spoiler:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • You're using item as your parameter, and then trying to make item reference to a Sprite object instead.
    If you make this method in it's own scene, you can use any class variables (@) that you want without interfering with other things. That'd be my recommendation.

The variable @ seems to be messing up with the save system, so event if the scripts work, the save gets corrupted after consuming the script

Perfect! Already work!
    I changed all "item." or "item=" to "sprite"

Spoiler:

Ill try this, thanks for testing it yourself!

Back