• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    is javascript used to make things unpassable in sphere??/is so is there a code someone can give me if not ill continue reading the javascript tuts i have found.....thank you

Years
    [NoLeAfCloVeR0987] said:
    is javascript used to make things unpassable in sphere??/is so is there a code someone can give me if not ill continue reading the javascript tuts i have found.....thank you

is it based on an event or should one tile on the map simply be unpassable? If last, you can do it in the map editor: right-click on the tile, click properties. Then "edit obstructions". There you can select "unpassable" from the drop-down box. Click OK twice.

If not, try searching tuts :P

Jonas

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    jonasschneider said:
    i think i can program and code in javascript, because I have 5 years of experience using it. The only thing I must learn is the Sphere Javascript API. I didn?t found any tutorials/refernces about that yet, so I want to look at the scripts of some other people, so I understand the API and can make my own Scripts.

so you were 7 when you started sphere??

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    no, he is saying that he was 7 when he started learning Javascript, but if you are so good with javascript I see the problem, you can see sphere's own functions and commands if you go to help in the menu and then local docummentation it takes you to a folder with documments on all of sphere's own functions and commands. Getting the Sphere help file at the Sphere resources thread at spheredev.net forums will also help.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    jonasschneider said:
    is it based on an event or should one tile on the map simply be unpassable? If last, you can do it in the map editor: right-click on the tile, click properties. Then "edit obstructions". There you can select "unpassable" from the drop-down box. Click OK twice.

If not, try searching tuts :P

Jonas
    that didtn work for oen i didnt see a "unpassable" chose i saw "blocked" but i clicked that and it did ntohin....might it be bacause i didtn save to tileset to the map? if not ill look at a tutorial......

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    hum
    maybe cause you have to set starting position on the right layer cause blocking tiles only work on the same layer the hero is in, so if you put the hero on a different layer it wont affect it.

tdata

Pokemon GX
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2009
    I request this be made into a subforum and have a sticky with the answers to the questions EVERYONE seems to ask... It is hard to navigate this thread...

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    tdata said:
    I request this be made into a subforum and have a sticky with the answers to the questions EVERYONE seems to ask... It is hard to navigate this thread...
    You'll have to notify Avatar for that kind of thing.

jayhopper10 said:
    I have a request for a Pokemon Catching System tutorial for rm2k3.
    You're not allowed to ask for custom systems in this thread, mate.

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
    Hey i got a request for an admin (or a mod if they have the power) is there anyway to make the rules more eye peircing to nobbies, like making it flash or make it like really bold (like size 40) or something.
    just cause i recenlty went into a newbs post and they get like 9 replys saying "youre not alloud to do that im telling mummy on you", and i just thought i would request that it be made more obvious.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
    Demonic Budha said:
    like making it flash or make it like really bold (like size 40) or something.
    just cause i recenlty went into a newbs post
    hahahahahahaha, funneh. It is obvious just that:
    1. Noobs never read the rules. - if they do goto 2.
    2. If they read the rules they still won't get it. - if they get it go to 3.
    3. If they get it then they ain't noobs anymore. Just normal people interested in learning how to make a game. :)

Years
    [_DarkDragon_] said:
    no, he is saying that he was 7 when he started learning Javascript, but if you are so good with javascript I see the problem, you can see sphere's own functions and commands if you go to help in the menu and then local docummentation it takes you to a folder with documments on all of sphere's own functions and commands. Getting the Sphere help file at the Sphere resources thread at spheredev.net forums will also help.

thanks!!!!
    yeah i found it

Jonas

EDIT: Sorry for dbl post

Last edited:
    Years
    ok, i have a bunch of pictures that i need in 256 colours. could someone change them to 256 colours without having that annoying colour loss problem.

Thanks

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    BIG HELP NEEDED

1)Text STILL does not show up when the "enter hero's name" box comes up

2)How do I make an intro like in the GBA games, where it is a blank screen with the professor talking to you?

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    jasonresno said:
    BIG HELP NEEDED

1)Text STILL does not show up when the "enter hero's name" box comes up

2)How do I make an intro like in the GBA games, where it is a blank screen with the professor talking to you?
    1) It doesn't work even when you change the font?

2)I think you'll need to use a video file, or a bunch of consecutive images.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    jasonresno said:
    How do I change the font?
    Check out the tutorial in the tutorials sub-forum. It's better than me telling you.

Years
    Rgss Help Please!!!

Yay Fixed it!(I requested help for some troubles with coding) anyway i have a question... dont cal me a noob but how do you change the colour of fonts and windows in rmxp like with system sets in rm2k3?
    Plz resopnd quickquickquick!

PS. yay im post 200!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back