• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitaelitmaster

The Master Of Puppets
Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Does anyone know how to make the rival appear?Like when you enter a town the rival appears and battles you.

Paradox101

Neither here nor there
    Years
  • Sounds like you need to make an event for the Rival.
    Just place a new, invisible event (meaning no graphic selected). When the player steps on it, have a global switch activate, and a second event (the rival) move toward the player location when this switch is ON. Then you battle, etc.

At least.. I believe thats how you do it, right? I'm not totally sure, as I have yet to do one of those specfic events yet.

Anywho.. I have my own question.
    I'm trying to get Battlebacks to work. And they are...sort of. Thing is, I don't know how to make them last. The notes were very helpful, but only explained the script for;
    Code:
    $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack="XXX"

As you can see, this is a next code. Thus meaning the battle back appears for just one battle, before dissapearing. I currently have the code activating when you step through a door, because when I had it as an invisible event running in the background, when I went to another area with another different battleback event, the screen goes all black and the game abruptly stops.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    Code:
    @>Conditional Branch: Script: $Trainer.party.length>=6
      @>Text: You have no room to store the Pokemon...
      @>
     : Else
      @>Script: p=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(
       :      :   PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,10,$Trainer
       :      : )
       :      : # Make it shiny (optional)
       :      : p.makeShiny
       :      : # Add the Pokemon
       :      : $Trainer.party.push(p)
      @>
     : Branch End
    @>

It doesnt work.I tried everything,removed some parts of code,added something,even removed the previous script.It just doesnt work.whats wrong?I though it's easy to add pokemon without the player knowing that.Or mybe it's because it's in the introduction?Maybe that is why it's not working....

Okay,let's try it another way.Can I add an event that only one of the trainer types can get?Like, the Charmander trainer would get a charmander, the squirtle one-squirtle when stepping on an event?.The main thing is that the player needs to know nothing about getting the pokemon.

EDIT- Today I was making some testing maps in the game,when my Anti-Virus program's Warning! jumped in my face,saying that the Game and Editor files are troyan horses,even though I have used them for a week now and nothing has happened.So,I scanned my computer,thinking AVG just messed something up...Now that thing put every single RMXP Game or Editor (even some of my demo games like Raptor or Metallic Silver that had been in my computer for a month or so!) files in the virus vault...Now I can't even playtest my game... >_< Looks like I'll have to forget about making a game or even playing other games now.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    It doesnt work.I tried everything,removed some parts of code,added something,even removed the previous script.It just doesnt work.whats wrong?I though it's easy to add pokemon without the player knowing that.Or mybe it's because it's in the introduction?Maybe that is why it's not working....
    Code:
    p=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(PBSpecies::MAGIKARP,10,$Trainer)
    $Trainer.party.push(p)
    Change the "MAGIKARP" and the "10" as you see fit.

Okay,let's try it another way.Can I add an event that only one of the trainer types can get?Like, the Charmander trainer would get a charmander, the squirtle one-squirtle when stepping on an event?.The main thing is that the player needs to know nothing about getting the pokemon.
    Certainly. How're you deciding whether a person is a Charmander or a Squirtle? I'll assume that you're using game variable 42 (it could be any number, of course, but 42 is a good answer), and that if it is equal to 0 then it's a Bulbasaur, 1 is a Charmander and 2 is a Squirtle.

I assume that you still want to add this pokémon (whichever it is) at the beginning of the game, preferably in the introduction. That's easy. Put something like this into the intro event (after you've set game variable 42 to be equal to whatever depending on the player's choice):

Code:
    [COLOR=Red]if $game_variable[42]==0[/COLOR]
      p=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(PBSpecies::BULBASAUR,5,$Trainer)
      $Trainer.party.push(p)
    [COLOR=Red]elsif if $game_variable[42]==1[/COLOR]
      p=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(PBSpecies::CHARMANDER,5,$Trainer)
      $Trainer.party.push(p)
    [COLOR=Red]elsif $game_variable[42]==2[/COLOR]
      p=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(PBSpecies::SQUIRTLE,5,$Trainer)
      $Trainer.party.push(p)
    [COLOR=Red][/COLOR][COLOR=Red]end[/COLOR]
    There's probably a special event function that works as "if" statements, so you don't need to put all the above in a single script (it probably wouldn't all fit, anyway). The above is basically what you need.

Pitaelitmaster

The Master Of Puppets
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Does anyone know how you give an NPC an item?

Like in pokemon red , where you go to viridan city(I think) and you get oaks parcel and then you give it to prof. oak.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Is this forum allowed to post links to sprites, cause I am trying to edit the sprites in the Pokemon Starter Kit and use my own but all the ones I'm finding are too small and when I try to resize them they get blurry.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Is this forum allowed to post links to sprites, cause I am trying to edit the sprites in the Pokemon Starter Kit and use my own but all the ones I'm finding are too small and when I try to resize them they get blurry.
    Check the resource thread or go to Spriters resource.

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
    Years
  • Birdy is having a sad. I have Pokémon Essentials by Poccil, and whenever I use the Editor thingy and go down the menu and click 'edit trainers', it comes up with this message;

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `data' for nil:NilClass
    PokemonEditor:2696:in `pbTrainerBattleEditor'
    EditorMain:95:in `pbEditorMenu'
    EditorMain:95:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    EditorMain:26:in `loop'
    EditorMain:97:in `pbEditorMenu'
    EditorMain:104
    EditorMain:104:in `pbCriticalCode'

Anyone have any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Birdy is having a sad. I have Pokémon Essentials by Poccil, and whenever I use the Editor thingy and go down the menu and click 'edit trainers', it comes up with this message;

Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NameError
    Message: undefined local variable or method `data' for nil:NilClass
    PokemonEditor:2696:in `pbTrainerBattleEditor'
    EditorMain:95:in `pbFadeOutIn'
    EditorMain:26:in `loop'
    EditorMain:97:in `pbEditorMenu'
    EditorMain:104:in `pbCriticalCode'

Anyone have any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it?
    This belongs in the pokemon essentials thread.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2014
    Hi guys im completly new to hacking pokemon games, i wanna make one for my friend, but i can't find where to start, can somone tell me like what should I learn to do first, in order to start hacking?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I'm really knew to this sort of stuff... I just downloaded rpg maker xp today. So I need a tutorial on how to do practically everything for a Pokémon game.
    Thanks.

Sorry if this is the wrong place.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm really knew to this sort of stuff... I just downloaded rpg maker xp today. So I need a tutorial on how to do practically everything for a Pokémon game.
    Thanks.

Sorry if this is the wrong place.
    You don't need a tutorial for that. You need a tutorial for RPG Maker XP.

Search Google for them; there are loads. Read several different ones, even if they say the same thing, because that'll help it to sink in (plus may give different perspectives). Most importantly, play around in RPG Maker. Try making a game where you talk to someone. Then make a game where you talk to someone and get a key to open a door. Then the same but you have a choice of saying several things to the person. Then the same but make another person appear if you say one particular thing to him (whom you can also talk to). And so on. Play around with the features, and get to know them all.

Then come back and consider making a Pokémon game.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • I'm having a bit of trouble with creating a regional Pokedex for my game, let alone creating multiple regional Pokedex's.

I'm also having trouble figuring out how to allow the player to receive a regional Pokedex for a specific region.

My question is: how can I create a regional Pokedex, and how can I allow the player to receive it?

Years
  • Could someone tell me how I could make a picture fade in, then transfer the player to another map, and then make the picture fade back out? Much like the Area Backgrounds in FRLG when entering certain maps. I've been fiddling around but I just can't come up with something.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Use the show picture command to show what you want and set up the opacity to 0. The make a move picture event that takes 40 frames (or any other value) that changes the opacity of the pic to 255. Thats it, it's easy, you should have fiddled around more =x

Years
  • Thanks ~JV~, I've just been experimenting with the Frames to find the best timing so it doesn't fade out too fast and fade in too fast. One thing I noticed, it doesn't work when transferring to a dark cave (one that needs Flash) the darkness of the cave is over the picture.

Pitaelitmaster

The Master Of Puppets
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Switches

How do you create your own switch?
    Like for ex. I want to create a second badge switch so that you cant get inside a cave until you have the second badge.Like the first badge switch or the Got Pokemon switch.

Sorry if i can´t explain it any better!

P.S Im using RPGXP

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back