• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormRuler

Kung foo fighter
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    If you are using poccils starter kit ,
    I think what your looking for pkmn.master, is the script SpriteResizer.
    line12 edits the width and
    line13 edits the height.
    Hpoe this helps.

kay3o

B)
    Years
  • Would anyone happen to have the HG/SS RPGmaker Xp tileset that everyone seems to be using? Or just any HG/SS Tiles?

majorgames

how do you get certain parts of the music to loop so you would have an intro bit that only plays once then a bit after that that loops but only that bit gets looped

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
  • in most pokemon games a route on the minimap is more than 8x8, is there a way to make 1 route split into certain 8x8 sections without the name apearing at each section
    Each square on the minimap (I assume you mean the region map by this) doesn't need to relate to a different map. You can have a really wide map and have it take up several squares on the region map.

As for disabling the signposts as you enter new maps, you can probably edit the scripts to display the signpost only if you're going from outdoors to outdoors (I believe this is already programmed in), and if you're not going from map 42 to map 43 (e.g. two parts of the same place, such as parts of a forest). This would get extensive if there are lots of map crossings you don't want to show signposts at (and remember that you'd also want to disallow signposts when going from map 43 to map 42 as well, in the above example), but I would say it's certainly possible.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 28
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 7, 2022
    Back with another question.Say I want to make the bag sreen %50 transparent so you can still see the map.What shoul I do in the script that edits bag screen?

Maruno

Years
  • Back with another question.Say I want to make the bag sreen %50 transparent so you can still see the map.What shoul I do in the script that edits bag screen?
    The Bag screen has a background image (or rather, a set of images, one per pocket) in Graphics/Pictures. My first guess would be to make those semi-transparent, and see what happens.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 28
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 7, 2022
    That could work,but I want the whole bag screen,not just the background,semi-transparent.Besides,how does one go about making an image semi-transparent in RMXP?

Maruno

Years
  • That could work,but I want the whole bag screen,not just the background,semi-transparent.Besides,how does one go about making an image semi-transparent in RMXP?
    I can't imagine a fully semi-transparent Bag screen would look/work that well. I don't know how to make it all transparent, in any case.

You can edit the background pictures in Photoshop or Paint.NET or another graphics program of your choice. I'm only guessing that semi-transparency will work in RMXP, based on that both solid colour pictures and pictures with transparent background are rendered properly. Semi-transparency is just somewhere in between, right?

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • sigh i found another way which is here pbAddDependency2(@event_id,"Brawly",2) if you add that the person shall start to follow you but i want to know how to get the annoying "oh hello,i am factor 3 would you like me to leave? yes or no" anyone know how to get that off?
    Kernel.pbAddDependency2(ID, "XXX", COMMONEVENT)

where ID is the event's ID number (use @event_id to refer to the current event; to find out an event's ID number, double-click on the event, and the ID will appear on the dialog box shown), "XXX" is an arbitrary name used to identify the event, and COMMONEVENT is the common event number to call when the player talks to the dependent event.

To remove a dependent event, use this script:

Kernel.pbRemoveDependency2("XXX")
    Simple.

majorgames

Each square on the minimap (I assume you mean the region map by this) doesn't need to relate to a different map. You can have a really wide map and have it take up several squares on the region map.

hows this done, if you manage to help me, i dont know what ild do but ull certainly make it to the credits.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    • Age 28
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 7, 2022
    I can't imagine a fully semi-transparent Bag screen would look/work that well. I don't know how to make it all transparent, in any case.

You can edit the background pictures in Photoshop or Paint.NET or another graphics program of your choice. I'm only guessing that semi-transparency will work in RMXP, based on that both solid colour pictures and pictures with transparent background are rendered properly. Semi-transparency is just somewhere in between, right?

Yea,I think I see what you mean.I should try transparent background,and work from their.Thanks anyway.

Maruno

Years
  • Is it possible to place a map (or maps) completely within another map?

Apparently it worked, and then failed when it was reproduced later.
    A map is a rectangle. They're not doughnut-shaped. As far as I know, what you want can't be done (and I don't know why anyone would want to do what you're asking). An example of what you specifically want to do would help in me thinking up a way to achieve it - "Map-inna-map" isn't that specific.

hows this done, if you manage to help me, i dont know what ild do but ull certainly make it to the credits.
    In the main game folder is an html file called "townmapgen". That allows you to define the location of overworld maps in relation to the region map. To make a long route take up more than one square in the region map, simply define two (or more) squares in the region map as the same overworld map (with the same name/points of interest/etc.).

majorgames

In the main game folder is an html file called "townmapgen". That allows you to define the location of overworld maps in relation to the region map. To make a long route take up more than one square in the region map, simply define two (or more) squares in the region map as the same overworld map (with the same name/points of interest/etc.).

when i get townmapgen up for some reaon where the map is suposed to be it has the "Deleated" sign

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • Clear is 0
    Rain is 1
    Storm is 2
    Hail is 3
    Sandstorm is 4
    Sunny is 5
    $game_screen.weather(weather type,strength(0 if clear,9.0 if other),20)

majorgames

Yep.♪ It's all. More weather doesn't exist.

i know about those ones but is there any more ? or are those the only ones? and thanks for responding

well actually its possible to make more.

to create youre own weather effect you need to do this

1. get up the animation editor

2. make an animation of what the weathers going to look like and spread it out as much as you can.

3. make multiple events each with the following

@>Label: Weather Effect
    @>Show Animation: This event, [Weather Effect Animation]
    @>Jump to Label: Weather Effect
    @>

make the Trigger Autorun

and place it all over the map with a few spaces in between it depending on how heavy you want it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back