• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2012
    I want to make a area in my hack where you have to cut away a couple trees, but I don't know how. I can put the tree sprites in. Do I have to script something for this? I saw that the other trees all had the same offset, but a diferent id. I placed my trees, but what do I have to do next.

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    I want to make a area in my hack where you have to cut away a couple trees, but I don't know how. I can put the tree sprites in. Do I have to script something for this? I saw that the other trees all had the same offset, but a diferent id. I placed my trees, but what do I have to do next.

If it's a hack, please go to the Romhacking Section.

Gigatom~

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Need anime battle, Game maker or rpgxp

i need a script that allows you to fight by arrow keys with pokemon that can only use four attacks from their attack bank to attack with, attack banks has all moves learned in it, but they can only learn two hm moves at a time, i also need it so you can switch moves during battle, and for gm, an exp, level, and enemy movement script

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2015
    i need help with music and scripting for my firered cause everytime i tried i always screwed it up and the game never worked with the changes

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    i need a script that allows you to fight by arrow keys with pokemon that can only use four attacks from their attack bank to attack with, attack banks has all moves learned in it, but they can only learn two hm moves at a time, i also need it so you can switch moves during battle, and for gm, an exp, level, and enemy movement script

Would you like me to also make you fakemon and do an entire region? You have to do your OWN work, no one can hand you a game on a silver platter so you can release it!

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • HGSS Menu? Like a touch screen? Haha! You're funny.
    Good luck with that. I searched EVERYWHERE for that script. How did that end up? With nothing.

And most HG/SS Tiles are 3d, so you can't use them in rpgxp and maybe game maker.

Now, I'll post my question: How can I activate/create a regional Pokedex in my game. I know its programmed in Pokemon Essentials; I just don't know how to make the pokedex/activate it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    HGSS Menu? Like a touch screen? Haha! You're funny.
    Good luck with that. I searched EVERYWHERE for that script. How did that end up? With nothing.

And most HG/SS Tiles are 3d, so you can't use them in rpgxp and maybe game maker.

Now, I'll post my question: How can I activate/create a regional Pokedex in my game. I know its programmed in Pokemon Essentials; I just don't know how to make the pokedex/activate it.
    Plan it through first. The National Dex is the entirety of pokemon.txt (in that order), and the Regional Dex (I'll just call it Johto) is a shorter list of just some pokémon, probably in a different order than they are in the National Dex.

In pokemon.txt, create the line RegionalNumbers for each pokémon you're putting in Johto. I'm only using Johto here, so you only need one number (the Johto index number) in this line, but you can expand on this easily enough if you want more Regional Dexes (see the Notes and the last paragraph in this post).

In PokemonPokedex, there is the def pbGetPokedexRegion, which you can modify however you want in order to display the different Regional Dexes you have. If you choose to display a Regional Dex that doesn't have anything in it, the National Dex will be displayed instead (and this def is how you choose which Regional Dex to display). Set it to return "0" if global switch XX is OFF (i.e. at the start of the game, which is Johto). You'll "unlock" the National Dex later on in the game by flipping global switch XX ON, in which case this def won't return anything and the National Dex will be displayed instead.

That should be it. You can design some fancy way of switching between the Johto and National Dex somewhere else if you want (e.g. an option screen which does nothing more than flip global switch XX ON/OFF).

For multiple Regional Dexes, you're better off using a global variable instead of a switch, and make the def simply return the value of that variable. To alternate between them, as above, have a fancy option screen that simply sets the value of that global variable (set it to, say, "42" or "-1" to look at the National Dex).

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2015
    i dont know how to sript so can anyone give me a tutorial on how to change the storyline to make it my own like what they say and where they move to and how to have different maps too

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    i dont know how to sript so can anyone give me a tutorial on how to change the storyline to make it my own like what they say and where they move to and how to have different maps too

Are you Romhacking or working with RPGXP ?
    If you're using RPGXP, only google Rpg Maker Xp Tutorial.
    And if you're Romhacking, check the Emulation Section of this Forum.
    Hope this helps.

Gigatom~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back