• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    update!

First of all, I am learning ruby from https://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/.
    Second, ruby and rgss have a few major differences but, are mostly similar.
    Third, here is the updated ruby code. (I am just trying to see if Wichu's advice works.)

class Orangetree

def plant
    puts "You got an orange tree seed!"
    puts "would you like to plant the seed?"
    puts "Type in Yes or No."
    plantb = gets.chomp.downcase
    if plantb == "yes"
    tree
    if plantb == "no"
    exit
    end
    else
    puts "Please answer with yes or no."
    end
    end

def tree
    puts "It worked!"
    end

end

plant

It still does not work!

forth, again that program was just testing to see if the advice worked.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You need to do this, not just 'plant':
    Code:
    orangetree=OrangeTree.new
    orangetree.plant

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    If you're just going through the trouble of Ruby you might as well just use a a library like Gosu instead of switching over to RMXP's RGSS

in009

Rawr =)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    I found a very basic ruby tutorial and I understand somethings about ruby scripting but I dont know anything about making a pokemon game with it. If some one can post a tutorial or anythinh that can help I will appericate it a WHOLE lot
    Thanks

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    If you're just going through the trouble of Ruby you might as well just use a a library like Gosu instead of switching over to RMXP's RGSS

I am determined to learn ruby!

I want to learn a full programing language as well as rgss.

Nytkoi

Pokemon Copper!
    Years
  • I suggest instead of learning to script yourself, which would be good nontheless, just download Poccil's Starter Kit. It has all you need to make a pokemon game. Literally.

in009

Rawr =)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2012
    I plan on doing so but if you do, dont you need some scripting know how to add extra features

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Need Desperate Help with Mapping! (Tried for Weeks)

Eventually, I gave up on trying to create new maps as it got to the point where it drove me insane. I tried to make an underground passage leading from the cave to my next city, but I got some stupid error message. I recreated it about 5 times getting really pissed off. I go on the ladder and it just gives me a list of random error scripts.. Please help me?

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • If you could post the error scripts then it would help whoever's taking a look to figure it out. 'A list of random error scripts' isn't really going to help that much... unless the errors that come up ARE random and different each time.

Burraku Pansa

Inexperienced Hacker
    Years
  • I'm currently implementing fakemon in a hack of mine, and I have everything sorted out except for icons. The sprite editor I'm using is Pokepic, and as is my understanding and experience, Pokepic will only let you replace one part of an icon, which skips back and forth between what you imported and the old icon. So I searched for a program that changed icons specifically, and IconEd is the only one that I found. No matter where I download it from, there doesn't appear to be any program to run, just the program's icon and coding source. If anyone can tell me exactly how I'm supposed to start IconEd, or if there are any other icon-oriented programs, I would appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    <sigh>

Yeah.. thought so.
    The next time I get the message I'll copy it to clipboard.. Sorry about that! xD

Here it is:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: Errno::ENOENT

Game_Map_:33:in `load_data'

Game_Map_:33:in `setup'

PokemonMap:693:in `getMap'

PokemonMap:825:in `setMapsInRange'

PokemonMap:819:in `each'

PokemonMap:819:in `setMapsInRange'

Resolution_:13:in `display_x='

Game_Map_:50:in `setup'

PokemonMap:640:in `setup'

Scene_Map:214:in `transfer_player'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Please help me out guys!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    ..need more help - Making Events disappear RPGXP

Hai.

I need some more help with RPG Maker XP using Pokemon Essentials. Say I make an event where a guy comes up to you and speaks to you.. is it possible to erase that event PERMANENTLY directly after the desired event finishes? This is excluding the "Erase Event" command which simply deletes it until you move onto another screen then reappears. Any help with this would be appreciated so much!

Thanks,
    Joey

:)

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Hai.

I need some more help with RPG Maker XP using Pokemon Essentials. Say I make an event where a guy comes up to you and speaks to you.. is it possible to erase that event PERMANENTLY directly after the desired event finishes? This is excluding the "Erase Event" command which simply deletes it until you move onto another screen then reappears. Any help with this would be appreciated so much!

Thanks,
    Joey

:)

It's pretty simple.
    Just at the end of the event set a self-switch ( Control Self-Switch A ).
    And add a new event page, and in the condition there, tick the self-switch box and select "A".

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
    Years
  • Hmmmm. Well, as the error says, it can't find map005.rxdata. If that file does exist in your data folder then you need to figure out why it's not finding it. If it doesn't then you need to figure out what's calling it.

The most common thing in these cases is usually that one of the files on the PBS folder is trying to call the map, which came as a default with Essentials. If you've deleted that map in rmxp then obviously it's not going to find it. The usual culprit is the metadata.txt file. Under the [000] section, look for the Home entry. If the first number is a 5 then that's the problem.

The Home entry defines where the player goes if they are beaten before they have gone into a Pokecenter. There should be four entries a la (c,x,y,z).

c is the map number, as seen in rmxp.
    x is the x position on the map, entered as if you were putting in a teleport command
    y is the position, as above.
    z is the direction, either 2, 4, 6, 8 or 0 (down, right, left, up or retain direction).

If that's the problem then all you need to do is change the values associated with the Home entry and that should sort it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back