• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • You can't have a bridge you can be on top of and underneath through a tileset in RMXP you would need to event it...

So your telling me there is no way to do it? I thought there would be a way to do it seen as in the original Pokemon games there are bridges over land. Ohwell.

Thanks for the reply :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    i really need some help, i am not sure if this is where i would post this but im new so, i am trying to to swap platinum OW sprites around using poketex, i know you can copy and paste the numbers in the bottom part of the program to swap sprites but that takes forever and they dont have the right coluors, i have tryed saving the sprite and then opening it where i want it to be E.G i found the OW sprite for cyrus ( 435EC10, this is the number for it on the platinum poketex list.txt ) and then went to the heros sprite ( named hero ) opened it and i got a gree spuare next to the hero sprites then tryed to change the colours round but then it messed up the colours

if anybody knows how to help me i would love a tutorial video or just a guide some where PM me or post the solution here thank you in advance

P.S if you know how to add custom OW sprites in platinum diamond or pearl or know which .narc the files are kept in so i could swap them around this would help so much

Thanks again

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    FFS, This is not a place for ROM hacking. Get it into your tiny mind! Go to the forum above this one name ROM hacking.

Paradox101

Neither here nor there
    Years
  • Hello there.
    I have come to make a humble request. I recently downloaded the pokemon essentials kit, and started a small project on RMXP. So far, I'm fine with scripting and mapping.

However, its become clear I need to fix something. You see, during battles, the main male protagonist from R/s/e's back sprite is shown. No matter if you're male, or female. And since I'm using the sprites from FR/LG for overworlds for the player, this doesnt quite make sense.

What I need is the back sprites of the Fire Red and Leaf Green male/female protaganists, in a format and size that will work in RMXP. If you help me with this, I will be so very grateful.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Hello there.
    I have come to make a humble request. I recently downloaded the pokemon essentials kit, and started a small project on RMXP. So far, I'm fine with scripting and mapping.

However, its become clear I need to fix something. You see, during battles, the main male protagonist from R/s/e's back sprite is shown. No matter if you're male, or female. And since I'm using the sprites from FR/LG for overworlds for the player, this doesnt quite make sense.

What I need is the back sprites of the Fire Red and Leaf Green male/female protaganists, in a format and size that will work in RMXP. If you help me with this, I will be so very grateful.

Well you should be able to find the actual graphics here: https://www.spriters-resource.com/

To make it use it correctly, the picture file for it must be trback???, with ??? replaced by the number used by the picture number that is being used for the front battle sprite (that can be edited in the metadata part of the editor.exe file)

Paradox101

Neither here nor there
    Years
  • But I require the back sprites, not the front ones. Besides, I couldn't get the sprites there to work right for my life. I'm no good with editing whatsoever I'm afraid. Hence why I'm looking for help, heh.

Years
  • Lx's instructions are completely correct and very straightforward. Have a go! :P Experiment! Try things out! It's fun!

Paradox101

Neither here nor there
    Years
  • Problem is, I don't truly understand which pictures to replace. Hence why I'm asking for something that would function in the program. From what I see in the folder, theres a strip of pictures, and then a load of broken up ones. I've checked the metadata, and havent found any options to change the back sprite or anything, and its rather off-putting.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Problem is, I don't truly understand which pictures to replace. Hence why I'm asking for something that would function in the program. From what I see in the folder, theres a strip of pictures, and then a load of broken up ones. I've checked the metadata, and havent found any options to change the back sprite or anything, and its rather off-putting.

I'll break this down a little more...

find them, https://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/sheet/20103

Go into pictures and find trback000 or trback001. Resize these pictures into half their size (I can't explain how to do this, it depends on what program you use). Then erase the old picture and copy the first 4 of the one from the website into it.

You should find a way to make the background transparent, which is also dependent on what you have available.

Save it as trback???, but replace ??? with the number you find here in the metadata part of the editior.exe. It should be a three digit number that is the same as the picture set as the trainer type for that player option.

Paradox101

Neither here nor there
    Years
  • Okay then... so it appears my hand is forced into editing... ah well. But, do I keep as a long strip, or do I break them up into individual pieces? Not to mention I'm not sure they have the correct amount of spaces in between... argh. I take it trback000 will be the first selection (male) and trback001 will be the second (female). But I'm still unsure. I'm still a beginner at this whole spriting buisness, obviously. Heh.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Okay then... so it appears my hand is forced into editing... ah well. But, do I keep as a long strip, or do I break them up into individual pieces? Not to mention I'm not sure they have the correct amount of spaces in between... argh. I take it trback000 will be the first selection (male) and trback001 will be the second (female). But I'm still unsure. I'm still a beginner at this whole spriting buisness, obviously. Heh.
    "Graphics/Pictures/trback001.png". Put your new trainer back sprites in there. Just paste over the existing sprites. It's easy stuff.

Remember to save it with transparency, though. Mostly anything that isn't Paint will allow you to do that (my choice is Paint.NET, which is free).

Years
  • Im beginning to make a zelda archery mini game game. I need to make an event system that shoots an arrow from link. hits the opponent and records a score. My real question is how do i make it so that when i bush a button ( condition on pushing a button) The arrow graphic moves to the hero and follows him round. I need to know how record the heros co ordinates..

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Im beginning to make a zelda archery mini game game. I need to make an event system that shoots an arrow from link. hits the opponent and records a score. My real question is how do i make it so that when i bush a button ( condition on pushing a button) The arrow graphic moves to the hero and follows him round. I need to know how record the heros co ordinates..

Setup two variables where which one stores the coordinates X and Y of your hero '-', it's not that hard.

Paradox101

Neither here nor there
    Years
  • I have now got it working. Thank for very much for your assistance, and I wish the best of luck, health, and victory over whatever may come your way. In lamens terms; Cheers, mate.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    A couple of times now I've made a new section of scripts (i.e. along with SpriteWindow and PokeBattle_ActualScene and so forth) and written stuff in them, only to find that the game doesn't recognise anything in there. The exact same code works fine if I move it into an existing section.

Do I need to "define" which sections exist, so that the game can then recognise them and look into them? If so, how?

I have now got it working. Thank for very much for your assistance, and I wish the best of luck, health, and victory over whatever may come your way. In lamens terms; Cheers, mate.
    Laymen. Just thought I'd let you know.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    FOR THOS WHO ARE MAKING GAMES I GOT SOME GREAT NAMES FOR POKEMON AND MOVES.

First do not use ALL CAPS IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A N00B!

Second, I doubt anyone wants your "Great game names and pokemon and move names." Usually game indie developers are smart enough to figure those out for themselves.

Thirdly, this is not the right spot for this.

Years
  • First off, you don't use caps either, I don't care if your trying to insult him by doing it back.
    Second, Do you know how many times i see people needing help with names for pokemon and move names? All the time. It's very helpful to have someone else do it.
    Thirdly, it's not the right section? How so if he is giving help?

Anyway..
    To those of you in need of supporter bars, I am still making them.
    So feel free to contact me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back