• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    can someone tell me where i can find some final fantasy 7 sprites of all the characters i.e. cloud,sephiroth,red xiii,reno,rude,rufus etc and maybe even some tilesets?

Isn't FF7 3D? Good luck finding tiles and sprites from a 3D game...

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
  • no i am not looking for 3D tilesets i just need normal tilesets that have the futuristic look in normal 2D graphics i have some sprites but only of some of the main characters i still need some shinra sprites, rufus,reno,rude,elena etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    A newbie game developer

Hey I wanted to know if it is possible it edit a pre-existing game's .rxdata or any thing ( like maps encounters, items, animations) and how one would go about editing these things. Thanks!

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
  • i dont think so because someone has already made that game and i highly doubt they would let you edit the existing game and if you are on about roms wrong section

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    No i do mean about games, not rom hacks. but i just want to know if i could edit pokemon encounters or stuff on someone's game they already created, just to mess around with the basics, until i'm ready to make my own fangame

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    No i do mean about games, not rom hacks. but i just want to know if i could edit pokemon encounters or stuff on someone's game they already created, just to mess around with the basics, until i'm ready to make my own fangame
    As far as I know, the "basics" are in the example game that comes with Essentials. There's a PokéCentre, Gym, shop, boulders, trainers of all kinds, etc. etc. Most every feature is in there somewhere. Why not play with that?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I have two interesting ideas for games:

Captian N the Game Master: Anyone remember this little show. It is about a boy named Kevin who goes to different video game worlds trying to save video land. I think a game for this would be great!

Kingdom Hearts Animated: I'm sure you all know about Kingdom Hearts. Well, my idea is very simple. Have Sora visiting different Japanese Anime worlds, instead of the Disney ones.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2013
    Are there any more door charsets around, outside of the ones included with the essentials package?

superclaw

Pokemon Laon in development
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    When playtesting a few maps in RMXP (with the tilesets from Essentials) al ot of tiles can be passed when they should not be, and the player appears uder some tiles (like grass) when he should be above it. I just started in RMXP so I dont know what to do

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2010
    hi im a newb and im trying to find out how to make my own tileset what would i have to do for this can anyone help me

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    hi im a newb and im trying to find out how to make my own tileset what would i have to do for this can anyone help me
    All you need is your very own copy of any graphics editor (such as Paint).

Each tile is 32x32 pixels, and a tileset is 8 tiles across and any number of tiles tall. Make a picture file which is 256 pixels across (32x8) and any multiple of 32 pixels in height, and there's your tileset. Then just import it into RPG Maker and give each tile passabilities/terrain tags, throw a few autotiles onto the top (max 7 allowed - these get put on top of the tileset as an additional row) and there you go.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I posted this question a long time back, but no one answered, so I'm trying again. This relates to the Essentials, but how much it does I'm not sure of because of me not knowing anything of how you'd do it.

1) Is there a way to stack text entries using events? Or even scripting? An example could be a journal, that when you find new parts the actual visual display of it stacks new ones below the old ones and you can scroll through them?

2) Is there a way to expand the text entry to include more text?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    lx_theo:

1: I can't visualize what you are trying to achieve with "stacking text extries" this way. Please explain in greater detail or show an example.

2: According to the Notes for Pokemon Essentials: "Pokemon Essentials includes a utility (expandtext.exe) for expanding the Show Text, Script, Comment, and Batch Text Entry dialog boxes of RPG Maker XP. After starting RPG Maker XP, simply start expandtext.exe (it will run only if RPG Maker XP is running). Then, the aforementioned dialog boxes will be expanded considerably to give you more room to enter text, scripts, and comments. In particular, the Show Text box will be expanded to four lines instead of just three. The Pokemon Essentials editor will also run expandtext.exe automatically."

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2010
    Im having some probs,is there a tut that i can read that can allow me to take the tiles from one game like FR and use them in another like emerald?
    I kno as far as clicking the puzzle piece on AM but choosing the pallets and everything there i get lost :S!

superclaw

Pokemon Laon in development
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    so can anyone answer my question here it is again:
    When playtesting a few maps in RMXP (with the tilesets from Essentials) al ot of tiles can be passed when they should not be, and the player appears uder some tiles (like grass) when he should be above it. I just started in RMXP so I dont know what to do

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back