• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • I seem to be having a bit of trouble changing the battle background in Pokemon Essentials.
    The name of the battle BG image is "036.png". I have it saved in Pictures with the original battle BG.I cheaked the notes and saw that $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack="XXX" is used to change it,
    so I did as instructed and changed the XXX to 036. I set it on an autorun event to change it for that map. When I battle a wild Pokemon, I get a Black screen.Am I doing this right?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    pkmn.master:

The three files should be named "battlebg036.png", "playerbase036.png", and "enemybase036.png".

By the way, using an autorun or parallel process event to set the next battle background for a certain map is not recommended, as the effect will linger even if the player leaves the map. A script like $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack="XXX" should be placed only immediately before an event command that would run the wild Pokemon battle or Trainer battle.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • pkmn.master:

The three files should be named "battlebg036.png", "playerbase036.png", and "enemybase036.png".

By the way, using an autorun or parallel process event to set the next battle background for a certain map is not recommended, as the effect will linger even if the player leaves the map. A script like $PokemonGlobal.nextBattleBack="XXX" should be placed only immediately before an event command that would run the wild Pokemon battle or Trainer battle.

It works now =) Thanks very much!

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    Sorry if this has been asked before, I've been working on Pokemon Lugia's Wrath for a while and recently decided to update my graphics from FR/LG tilesets and chars to diamond and pearl. I've searched, but I haven't been able to find that many... Could someone link me to or PM me D/P resources?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Hello, Everytime I try and use RMXP it keeps showing that my 30-day trial is expired. And I payed for it! Now, I can't use it since it keeps showing my trial has expired. Any help?

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
  • this is a problem you need to bring up with them but do you have the key for it if you do try uninstalling it then install it again and try again

i know i am going to either be made fun of or flamed for asking this but i have been trying to make 1 big tileset but i dont know how to do it i have used paint.net,GIMP,and even photoshop (but i have no idea of how to use any of the software) everytime i use the grid tool they never appear and when i move over the items from 1 tileset to another they dont fit correctly so can someone tell me of some software that i can use that is easy to use or can someone point me in the direction of someone who can help me with this?

Last edited:
    Years
  • i am looking for some 1 with a great range of knowledge about online servers, and scripting and Ruby 2 help me with a few problems with my game,

i have the server set up and it all runs fine, and the script is done, but it a bit buggy, whick is what i need help with, well on start up of the server, it creats the users on the database instead off adding them, so even though i add a new user into the online database, wheneva i restart the server, it rewrites the users, going back to the defult 2 test users, also i would like 2 be able 2 create a button, so that players can register, and it will automaticly register them onto the database.

For more information on my issue, and if u r interested in helping me fix these problems, PM me. if u are helpfull, and cna help me solve these problems i will gladely give u credit, and put u in my games credits.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    i'm trying to make it so when an added character sprite is added, it acts differently when it has a symbol in front of it. like, you just add any gen 4 character sprite set and it'll act correctly. kinda like the attachment

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Can't you just edit the sprite sheet? It will be a lot easier than editing the scripts...

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    PLEASE HELP ME I NEED HELP WITHT THIS SCRIPT!

Hi thanks for opening this, Basically i need help making a script.

I have a kangashkan sprite on my map that used to be a person, I want to change the persons script to become a kangashkan and when I click on him he make a cry and says Rawr!

Like the legendary birds

im using XSE but im new at this and im just asking for some help...thank you!

Yourpaljesus

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Is there a way to take the value of a RMXP variable and draw that value as a text number. Like say I create a value for Trainer Score, is there a way that I can draw that value as text on the Trainer card?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Is there a way to take the value of a RMXP variable and draw that value as a text number. Like say I create a value for Trainer Score, is there a way that I can draw that value as text on the Trainer card?
    There are a few built in methods in RMXP for you to be able to do that. The easiest would be this:

Code:
    @string = "Trainer Score: #{@trainerscore}"

The #{blah} is designed for you to be able to return the result of a variable/method and put it into a string.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I'm sure this is really simple to fix but I just can't.

I've set a normal map transition and on the part you appear in on the other map I have it so when you walk over that again you go to the other map. On the second page of that I've changed the map settings to make fog, but once that has happened I can't go back to the other map! Help!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023

$game_variables holds the RMXP variables. The trainer card script (along with several others) uses the pbDrawTextPositions method with a 2D array containing details on the text (the text itself, its position, colour etc). So to add a new bit of text, copy one of the lines that has the text info, and edit it accordingly. For example:
    Code:
       [_INTL("SCORE: {1}",$game_variables[50]),48,226,false,baseColor,shadowColor],

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Haha, you know that was the first thing that went through my mind Wichu, and I tried it, and kept getting syntax errors, or it would freeze the game...XD, now I know why, I was using a period inbetween game and variable. Thanks a lot!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • Is it possible to make simple GBA ROMs with Game Maker 8.0?
    No, I tried and failed. Just use rmxp.

I'm sure this is really simple to fix but I just can't.

I've set a normal map transition and on the part you appear in on the other map I have it so when you walk over that again you go to the other map. On the second page of that I've changed the map settings to make fog, but once that has happened I can't go back to the other map! Help!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Is it possible to make simple GBA ROMs with Game Maker 8.0?

Nope; most game making software is solely aimed at making PC games. If you want to make a Pokémon GBA game, ROM hacking is your best bet. If you want to program one from scratch, search for 'GBA homebrew' in Google; you'll get tons of results.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back