• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    That wouldn't work, since he doesn't want the player to have events following him, he wants the player to follow the events.

If that even made sense >.<"
    Well, theoretically he could change the graphic of the player event (say, make it blank), tag all the NPCs onto it and then tag on another event that looks like the player. And then undo all that at the end.

That's hideously complicated, though, and you should never even think about it.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Im just reposting my request/help.

It isn't that hard to find.
    Help and Requests

*CREDIT ALISTAIR*

Also, you could've checked the game development resources thread.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Each time I play the game in Pokemon Essentials, it erases the previous save file. Help would be appreciated.
    I don't know. I haven't looked at how the saves work, and I'm using a year-old version of Essentials anyway (it has fewer features but apparently more of them work).

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2021
    . . . Open up the switches menu look at the bottom and there should be a box click in the box and type in what you want the switch's name to be.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Is there anyone who can help me with editing the battle script to change the position and layout of the command box (i.e. the FIGHT, PKMN, ITEM, RUN bit). . . ?

Even just the lines of code that are responsible for these things would be terrific.

Thanks.

Years
  • When i start a trainer battle, in my starter kit RPG Maker XP, and the trainer activates a pokemon, the pokemon's sprite is flying to high!
    If i look in the Editor-Repositsion sprites it's standing alright.
    And if i start a Wild Battle, standing alright.
    How to fix this?
    I already tried to download again!

Iarama

RMXP User
    Years
  • Hmm. . . try opening up the editor and repostioning the sprites(idk if there is a sepreate alignment for wild and trainer battles though.)

setojim

S.F.Leader Meteo Lopunny >:3
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    I feel like such a n00b, but how do u add a battle into the Events? I looked at raptor on RMXP and my mind was blank

Iarama

RMXP User
    Years
  • Did you donwload the latest version of essentials it should be in Test Map 2 within the Trainer events and in the Notes section.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hmm. . . try opening up the editor and repostioning the sprites(idk if there is a sepreate alignment for wild and trainer battles though.)
    Of course there are separate alignments for foe pokémon in wild and trainer battles. Wild pokémon slide into battle from the left, and trainer pokémon jump out of their Balls.

Look in PokeBattle_ActualScene for the term "metrics", and everywhere it shows up, that's a place that positions a pokémon's sprite. There are several such places, and they're not easy to understand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back