• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
  • Of course there are separate alignments for foe pokémon in wild and trainer battles. Wild pokémon slide into battle from the left, and trainer pokémon jump out of their Balls.

Look in PokeBattle_ActualScene for the term "metrics", and everywhere it shows up, that's a place that positions a pokémon's sprite. There are several such places, and they're not easy to understand.

Yeah, editing Pokémon battle positions is opening up one big can of worms. PokeBattle_ActualScene is unfortunately one of the most disorganized scripts in the entire kit (its a bit better in recent versions though). Back up -everything- before messing around with it xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Can someone link me or a tut where i can replace tilesets in Emerald with firered ones or shinygold b4 ones nothing ive found works or makes much sense everything teaches me how to add onto a tileset or add in my own ones. i just want that shinygold style from D/P.
    thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • I want to convert these two maps into HGSS form but i dont know which colors to use for what and i hate being clueless....

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Advance Map: Adding New Map Data

EDIT: Removed request. Wrong location.(?)

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Hey, all.

I have an issue when making a new map. I'm keen to inserting, replacing and tiling the map. That's all good with me. So I'll put you in my position so you can understand where I would need help at.

I highlight Mt. Moon, create new map, insert it into an empty map SLOT. (So for FireRed, Bank 1, Map Slot 123. I manually create a new map slot.) After I assemble my new cave map and added movement permissions (C's and 1's), I added the warp points. No scripts are implemented. It has environment setups; regular cave, regular weather, Tanoby Ruins music.

Well, when I run the game, I can enter the cave from the outside (and here comes the problems) but trying to exit from inside won't allow me. I ID'ed the warp point from the cave exit Unknown 3 however still no luck. Also, it being a cave, I'd assume I can run within it, I cannot. Nor would it let me pull out the bike. I get the message from Oak saying I can't use it.

So I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing. I've tried many things thinking that the program had to have things done specifically.
    ...I don't know what else there could be.

Thanks.

Stash, this forum is for game development, not ROM hacking. In the future please read the forum description.

SuperBeano11

Pokemon Hacker
    Years
  • Please Help How Do I Change The Main Menu (This)
    Help and Requests

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    D'you think we should start penalising people for posting in the wrong section? After all, it's entirely their fault that they can't (or don't) read the big words in bold right next to the section's name.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • This may be a silly question, but would anyone happen to have any grids or guidelines for making tiles and charasets for the full-screen RMXP? Does that even make sense?

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • This may be a silly question, but would anyone happen to have any grids or guidelines for making tiles and charasets for the full-screen RMXP? Does that even make sense?

If you went back a few pages you would've found my post with the alignment grid in it.

Stash23

Interested In Hacking; Noob Lv
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    D'you think we should start penalising people for posting in the wrong section? After all, it's entirely their fault that they can't (or don't) read the big words in bold right next to the section's name.

Don't suggest such a thing. Don't be a smart one either. >_>

I was linked to this thread directly by a link someone posted. So no, I didn't see the description.

Furthermore, this is what caught MY eye when I was on the first page of this thread:

Help and Requests

Area in red would definitely stand out more than green. I'm sure any more mis-posts would relate to this too. Header (Green) doesn't catch eye. Not to mention that header also blends in with notices.

I'll go to ROM Hacking like some suggested. Thanks to those.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Heya. I've progressed around 45min of gameplay in my RPG Maker XP Pokemon game... but now to wonder:

Does anyone know where to obtain a complete, RPG Maker XP set of Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire overworld sprites and a complete set of Leaf Green & Fire Red trainer sprites? I have Fire Red and Leaf Green overworld sprites, but I don't have their trainer sprites! I'm moreso mix'n'matching because of it.

I did check the main Pokemon Resource thread; that's where I've acquired all my resources to date. The FRLG trainer sprites and the RSE overworld sprites aren't there.

Thanks.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • I apologise if this is a silly sort of question but I'd like to make a Pokemon game using Gamemaker. I have never made any kind of game before though, and though I have a rudimentary understanding of a few things, I have no idea on others. If there was a tutorial for making RPGs (or even Pokemon games specifically) then that would be a great help. If there was something similar to the Starter Kit for RPG Maker, it would be fantastic! Even if I work out how to do it, putting in 151 Pokemon (all existing Pokemon, btw) will be very tedious. The moves in will be even worse...
    (BTW, I have all the tiles I need and the Pokemon sprites already, I just don't know how to program a battle system, whether I should use tiles or objects when mapping, etc etc).

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Don't suggest such a thing. Don't be a smart one either. >_>

Area in red would definitely stand out more than green. I'm sure any more mis-posts would relate to this too. Header (Green) doesn't catch eye. Not to mention that header also blends in with notices.

I'll go to ROM Hacking like some suggested. Thanks to those.

The hostility towards you shouldn't be taken too seriously. The problem is, we get dozens of people come in here every day asking ROM related questions. There's notices EVERYWHERE (including in the forum index) that this isn't the place, but some people just don't bother reading. Even in topics which have size 7 font saying "NOT A ROM HACK", we get people replying with things like "wow, nice hack".

You do have a point, however. The notice could be a little more obvious.

Heya. I've progressed around 45min of gameplay in my RPG Maker XP Pokemon game... but now to wonder:

Does anyone know where to obtain a complete, RPG Maker XP set of Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire overworld sprites and a complete set of Leaf Green & Fire Red trainer sprites? I have Fire Red and Leaf Green overworld sprites, but I don't have their trainer sprites! I'm moreso mix'n'matching because of it.

I did check the main Pokemon Resource thread; that's where I've acquired all my resources to date. The FRLG trainer sprites and the RSE overworld sprites aren't there.

Thanks.

All the sprites you need can be found here. Just a heads up, though; you're much better off sticking to just FR/LG sprites (both trainers and overworlds). R/S/E sprites - especially overworlds - are done in a different style to FR/LG ones and they don't mix and match at all.

I apologise if this is a silly sort of question but I'd like to make a Pokemon game using Gamemaker. I have never made any kind of game before though, and though I have a rudimentary understanding of a few things, I have no idea on others. If there was a tutorial for making RPGs (or even Pokemon games specifically) then that would be a great help. If there was something similar to the Starter Kit for RPG Maker, it would be fantastic! Even if I work out how to do it, putting in 151 Pokemon (all existing Pokemon, btw) will be very tedious. The moves in will be even worse...
    (BTW, I have all the tiles I need and the Pokemon sprites already, I just don't know how to program a battle system, whether I should use tiles or objects when mapping, etc etc).

You're question isn't silly at all ^^,

As far as I know, there's no starter kit for Game Maker. Given that you have a rudimentary understanding, I'll be quite frank: you won't be able to make a Pokémon game unless you're an expert with GML. If you want to make a Pokémon game without a great deal of scripting knowledge, you're best bet is to get RMXP and use the starter kit. Unfortunately, that's the reality. ROM hacking is another option; in terms of complexity its probably somewhere between using Game Maker and the starter kit.

Last edited:

Nightrider434343

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    I am a beginner spriter and i am making a pokemon game.
    I was wondering how you make the sprites backgrounds transparent like that...
    In the game, When i put the sprites I make into it, they appear all white and blocky in the game(in the background of the sprite)... How do you guys make it so that you see them just normal?
    (sorry if I don't put much detail into my problem)

Question #2:with FlameGuru's starter kit, How do you make it so that a trainer battles you on the spot rather that having to see you(and have that exclamation mark appear above their head)?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions,
    Tokinini

For the sprite problem, you set the transparency to the background color when you import the sprites(That should make them normal).
    On the second question, just take out: Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0)).

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I'm using FRLG overworld and RSE&FRLG trainer sprites; the trainer sprites match fine, but the overworlds are funky. I had to mak'em myself though ):

Thanks for telling me about the mismatch. I haven't played RSE in a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back