• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
Years
  • You're question isn't silly at all ^^,

As far as I know, there's no starter kit for Game Maker. Given that you have a rudimentary understanding, I'll be quite frank: you won't be able to make a Pokémon game unless you're an expert with GML. If you want to make a Pokémon game without a great deal of scripting knowledge, you're best bet is to get RMXP and use the starter kit. Unfortunately, that's the reality. ROM hacking is another option; in terms of complexity its probably somewhere between using Game Maker and the starter kit.
    Thanks for your help! I suppose I'll have to try getting RMXP then...
    For now, I'll just be making maps that don't do anything in Gamemaker...

EDIT: Waitaminuite, this is RMXP, and apparently Vista has problems with it. How well will it work on Windows 7?
    (lol I kinda forgot that I don't use XP anymore)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Hi guys!^_^I'm pretty new to this forum,but I'm good at RMXP..but still,I need help.I can't make a map of Eterna Forest..and I kindda need help..I'm making a game after the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl TV show...and I want it to be just like in the episodes.Anyone willing to help?I need a lot of help,not just with the forest..So,if anyone is interested,PM me...

P.S.:I hope this is in the right thread :-S

SilverLightning22

The Exchanger
    Years
  • I've got a bit of a problem. I've got RMXP up and running on Vista, I've got the Pokémon essentials starter kit running, but when I try playtesting it, after I click new game, the window goes black and stops responding. Is this a problem anyone else has encountered?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I've got a bit of a problem. I've got RMXP up and running on Vista, I've got the Pokémon essentials starter kit running, but when I try playtesting it, after I click new game, the window goes black and stops responding. Is this a problem anyone else has encountered?
    Delete it and redownload. Happened with me and that's all that worked.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    Well, my request is very simple, and i dont think it would be a problem.
    I just want to change the font in the HP bars from black to white, thats all.
    If anyone knows, please tell me!

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • Would anyone have a script for a shadow to be underneath the player? It would make some things like jumping and walking over certain objects look more Pokemon-ish. If not, that's okay, but thanks for considering it anyway! :P

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Of course there are separate alignments for foe pokémon in wild and trainer battles. Wild pokémon slide into battle from the left, and trainer pokémon jump out of their Balls.

Look in PokeBattle_ActualScene for the term "metrics", and everywhere it shows up, that's a place that positions a pokémon's sprite. There are several such places, and they're not easy to understand.

I'm currently having to edit the trainers pokemon using this approach cause of the y offset issues and I personally hate it. I'd just like to say whats the point of the editor feature reposition sprites if it doesn't affect every instance of the sprite?

Now my question is there an easier way of doing this? I mean seriously i'm not trying to be lazy but its a pain. is there just one certain portion of the code i can edit. I cant entirely tell which is for wild pokemon and which if for trainers and i just got done looking through 500+ lines of code i'd perfer not to have to do it again for one small fix.

Last edited:

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
  • Hello, I have not been on in forever but im working on my game Pokemon: Eternal Darkness and I would like to have either the d/p/p or the HGSS tilesets and I love the new map layout, I need loads of team members!

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • Okay im back for more help on my project.I just want to learn how to line up Kyledove's tiles because when i put them into the tile editor on RMXP they look sorta....ff from the square.What doi need to do?I always see that long blue strip or whatever but i dont know how to use it.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • Anybody have D/P/P charactor set(NPC) templates? I know I saw one, but I can't remember where it was.

Years
  • @pkmn.master is this what you meant? Link

Plus does anyone have an animated HG/SS water/pond autotile for rpg maker xp?
    ill give whoever does it a HG/SS grass autotile.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • @pkmn.master is this what you meant? Link

Plus does anyone have an animated HG/SS water/pond autotile for rpg maker xp?
    ill give whoever does it a HG/SS grass autotile.
    The grass autotile is readily available from a few different peoples threads, so that isn't really a good offer. And I'd also appreciate the HG/SS water autotile.

Years
  • The grass autotile is readily available from a few different peoples threads, so that isn't really a good offer. And I'd also appreciate the HG/SS water autotile.

well ive also got the HG/SS dirt autotile and the wierd moss type one where it is a lighter shade of green. i'll offer then up as well

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • I'm new here so... Does anyone know a tool for editing trainer's Pokemon? (Ruby) Sorry if this isn't the place to ask 0_o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back