• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
  • If you went back a few pages you would've found my post with the alignment grid in it.

Quick silly questions:
    How big is each tile in a tileset? 32X32?
    How wide can/should a tileset be?
    Is there any limit on how tall it can be?

I'm trying to make my own and I just want to make sure I'm not screwing anything up. :)

Go to my post I quoted and that will give you the answer to the width part and no, as far as I know of there is no height limit for tilesets. To make sure ya don't screw up use the compile sheet that's provided in that post and you won't go wrong though the grid is 1pixel off on the vertical allignment so just place the tile 1pixel lower ;)

Years
  • Omg I'm starting to believe people are just too lazy to look for this stuff themselves they rather some1 else do the work for them... Not a good attutude if trying to be in game development

I found it so you could too...

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=135197&page=57

Search through the posts there... the same thread a few pages back if you'd take the time to look... I'm not answering these kinda threads anymore...

Or for a non-custom HGSS map, just use mine. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5005979&postcount=61

Quick silly questions:
    How big is each tile in a tileset? 32X32?
    How wide can/should a tileset be?
    Is there any limit on how tall it can be?

I'm trying to make my own and I just want to make sure I'm not screwing anything up. :)

The maximum width is 256 pixels, but it can be any height. Some of mine are in the 1000's lol

Edit: Oops, sorry bout that double post.

Last edited:

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • Go to my post I quoted and that will give you the answer to the width part and no, as far as I know of there is no height limit for tilesets. To make sure ya don't screw up use the compile sheet that's provided in that post and you won't go wrong though the grid is 1pixel off on the vertical allignment so just place the tile 1pixel lower ;)

I've got your alignment sheet. :3 So, I know this seems redundant to ask, but when I measured the blocks they were 30x30. Is this, then, the standard size for tiles?

Anyway, thanks! :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    well, you gotta take into consideration the pixel that you used to make the square.
    And the tile can use the 32 pixels of it, but remember, most of the tiles in here are given in 16x16.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
    Years
  • Okay... so I made this "guide" tileset:

Click hurr

Is this accurate? Each white/yellow box is 32x32, and its 256 wide and 1600 tall. Will it work fine in RMXP?

This probably seems trivial, but I want to make sure this is right before I spend all my time making tiles on it. x.x

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    umm...guys...believe me I searched,and still,I can't find Prof. Oak's sprite...can anyone tell me where to find it?I'm sorry I'm blind...:(

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I'm looking at the fishing at the moment, in particular the animation. Some of the frames have the rod extend far beyond the player to the south, which is a problem since the player sprites are aligned to the bottom of the sprite sheets (so the full length of the rod cannot be displayed).

Is there a way to code it such that certain frames of the animation are shifted by a number of pixels? I imagine the ledge jumping is done a similar way, but I can't find the code for that. I may well be able to figure something out just by looking at that, so if you can't help directly then at least let me know where I can find the ledge-hopping code.

And is it just me, or does the putting-away-rod animation run faster than the whipping-out-rod one?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • I would like this info as well, its been bugging me lately.

On another note, can we add a "fishing while surfing" animation as well? It looks wierd to dismount and stand on water to fish.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I would like this info as well, its been bugging me lately.

On another note, can we add a "fishing while surfing" animation as well? It looks wierd to dismount and stand on water to fish.
    That part's not hard. Just use "setDefaultCharName" to set the sprite to the surf-fishing one if the player is currently surfing, and the regular fishing one otherwise. Look in PokemonField for "pbFishingBegin" and "pbFishingEnd" for where the casting animations are done.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • That part's not hard. Just use "setDefaultCharName" to set the sprite to the surf-fishing one if the player is currently surfing, and the regular fishing one otherwise. Look in PokemonField for "pbFishingBegin" and "pbFishingEnd" for where the casting animations are done.

I got a syntax error when I tried to input the code.

Here's the code I have.

Code:
     if !pbCommonEvent(FISHINGBEGINCOMMONEVENT)
      pattern=0
      playertrainer=pbGetPlayerTrainerType
      dirs=["down","left","right","up"]
      dir=dirs[$game_player.direction/2-1]
      5.times do |pattern|
        if $PokemonGlobal.surfing
          $game_player.setDefaultCharName(sprintf("Mask of Ice Overworld%03d%s",playertrainer,dir),pattern)
        else
          $game_player.setDefaultCharName(sprintf("fishing%03d%s",playertrainer,dir),pattern)
       2.times do
        Graphics.update
        Input.update
        pbUpdateSceneMap
       end
      end
     end
    end

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    There's no "end" to the check for whether the player is surfing or not. Put one just before the "2.times do" line.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    Hello everyone, i was just wondering if you could help me out with this:
    How do I change the color of the HP bars fron Black to white???
    How do you guys make the cloud's shadow appear in game? (Not asking the code, just asking if you made the code yourself or you downloaded a tutorial??
    And i think thatsabout it =)

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hello everyone, i was just wondering if you could help me out with this:
    How do I change the color of the HP bars fron Black to white???
    How do you guys make the cloud's shadow appear in game? (Not asking the code, just asking if you made the code yourself or you downloaded a tutorial??
    And i think thatsabout it =)
    The HP bars have several colours. The only black part of it (as I recall) is the bit directly behind the green/yellow/red bar which you can only see if the HP bar isn't covering it.

To stop the remainder of the HP bar filling with black, find in PokeBattle_ActualScene the line "# fill with black", and delete the two lines directly below it.

As for clouds, that sounds like it might be a fog. Find out how to display fogs on maps, and just use a fog that looks like cloud shadows.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back