• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    I will sound like a complete noob, and I will probally get flamed for this but first i'd like to say that I am used to RMVX and have a gigantic headache and I have been trying to fix this problem for almost 2 hours now, so here it goes!

I Would like to make a Pokemon game by using the RMXP Engine and using the latest Pokemon Essentials kit from UPokeCenter

Here is my problem:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • First off, do you have RMVX or RMXP? Because the starter kit is designed for RMXP and not RMVX. Also, just create an empty folder, in this case a folder labeled "Pokemon Ultimate", then extract the contents of pokestarter.zip in to it.
    (Assuming your using WinZIP)
    Spoiler:
    Just an example if your using WinZIP

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    First of all, I am using RMXP and RMVX, and I know that the Essentials only work with RMXP so I use RMXP when working with them.

Second, Thanks for you help! And now I guess I need to edit the Game.exe with RMXP to create maps, events, ect. And test-play the game by running the Game.exe directly? Because I cant Test Play the game trough the RMXP Game Maker( Game --> Playtest ( F12 ) ) I still get this error: RGSS Player Not Responding: Windows Searching for a solution

And again, thanks for your help!

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • First of all, I am using RMXP and RMVX, and I know that the Essentials only work with RMXP so I use RMXP when working with them.

Second, Thanks for you help! And now I guess I need to edit the Game.exe with RMXP to create maps, events, ect. And test-play the game by running the Game.exe directly? Because I cant Test Play the game trough the RMXP Game Maker( Game --> Playtest ( F12 ) ) I still get this error: RGSS Player Not Responding: Windows Searching for a solution

And again, thanks for your help!

Many people have that problem, RMXP was made for windows XP not vista so it can guve you problems try uninstalling RMXP and reinstalling it... Also if that doesn't work try playttesting each time you work on your project one day it may work. There is a fix to get it to work for now but its only a temp fix and it will stop working...

kingjay99

you cant get better then me
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    um, how do you add an event that adds a pokemon to your team... then later takes it away? Ex the event from RSE wally thing

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • To Add a Pokemon:
    Create a Conditional Branch within an event with Script as its option. Then use this.

pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::EEVEE,25)

EEVEE can be any Pokemon name.
    25 can be any Level.

To Delete a Pokemon: Tab over to Script in the Event Menu and copy-paste this.

$Trainer.party.delete_if {|pkmn|
    pkmn.species==PBSpecies::CELEBI}

CELEBI deletes all CELEBI's in the party. So, it can be any Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    I just wanted to thank KingCharizard and ThePsynergist for the help they gave me, I actually figuered things out and got it working.. to some degree :D

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    How I can force the nature of pokémon?
    I know how force gender and IVs only.
    How are you forcing those? Forcing the nature should be along the same lines, only "nature" instead of "gender".

I'm looking at the fishing at the moment, in particular the animation. Some of the frames have the rod extend far beyond the player to the south, which is a problem since the player sprites are aligned to the bottom of the sprite sheets (so the full length of the rod cannot be displayed).

Is there a way to code it such that certain frames of the animation are shifted by a number of pixels? I imagine the ledge jumping is done a similar way, but I can't find the code for that. I may well be able to figure something out just by looking at that, so if you can't help directly then at least let me know where I can find the ledge-hopping code.
    This question is still unanswered. As I said, I can probably work it out just from looking at the ledge-hopping code, so someone only needs to tell me where that is.

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • Is Poccil going to get to work on fixing the Bug Catching Contest? I swear, ever since I upgraded my version of Pokemon Essentials, I haven't been able to get it to work. Maybe someone can test the latest release and see if it works...

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
  • How are you forcing those? Forcing the nature should be along the same lines, only "nature" instead of "gender".
    When I try it, i get this:

Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError

(eval):5:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant Interpreter::Sassy

***Full script:

pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::MEW,20)
    p=$Trainer.party[
    $Trainer.party.length-1]
    p.setGender(true)
    p.iv = 2,7,3,4,9,8
    p.nature = Sassy

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `eval'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   

I have 2008 Summer (i don't know, when) release.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2010
    hello, I need the script of the dual screen script for pokemon rpg maker xp
    thanks in advance

.........................................Up

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    When I try it, i get this:

Code:
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: RuntimeError
    (eval):5:in `pbExecuteScript'uninitialized constant Interpreter::Sassy

***Full script:
    pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::MEW,20)
    p=$Trainer.party[
    $Trainer.party.length-1]
    p.setGender(true)
    p.iv = 2,7,3,4,9,8
    p.nature = Sassy

Interpreter:1652:in `eval'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   
    I have 2008 Summer (i don't know, when) release.
    The problem comes because the game doesn't work with the names of the natures. It works with the numbers of the natures. Also, a pokémon's nature depends on its personal ID number (specifically, the remainder when you divide it by 25). So you'll need to change the personal ID number (but remember that gender also depends on it).

Go into PokemonMap and search for "module PBNatures" (I know, odd place to put it). You'll see the numbers that relate to each nature. Bear those in mind.

Next, go into PokemonScreen and search for where the debug option defines "Set Nature". You'll see something like the following:

Code:
         oldgender=pkmn.gender
         2000.times do
          pkmn.personalID&=0xFFFF0000
          pkmn.personalID|=rand(65536)
          pkmn.personalID-=pkmn.personalID%25
          pkmn.personalID+=command
          break if pkmn.gender==oldgender
         end
         pkmn.calcStats
    Note that this randomises the personal ID number, and spews out the first result that won't change the gender.

Your task is to modify this chunk of code to take in the number of the nature you want, and provide a new personal ID number that'll give you that nature. If you only want to set the nature of a given pokémon once or twice, just use the (slightly modified) code as is (i.e. put it straight into the event that gives the player the pokémon). If you're planning on setting the nature of a bunch of pokémon throughout your game, your best bet would be to create a def similar to "setGender" in PokeBattle_Pokemon, but which sets the nature instead. This chunk of code turns into that def, again with a bit of cosmetic surgery.

hello, I need the script of the dual screen script for pokemon rpg maker xp
    thanks in advance

.........................................Up
    You don't need that at all. You want it.

No one's going to just give it to you, since those who have it have put a lot of work into making it. They might make an exception if they know you, and if you've proven that you're worthy of having it... but you haven't (yet).

Years
  • How do I make the tiles transperant when mapping?
    Also how do I change the character sprites and update to d/p/pt/hg/ss stuff.
    I tried adding a dp Ow, female character but she was cut off...

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    pokemon essentials lagging

I started up pokemon essentials today to start working on my game. I playtested pokemon essentials, everything was working fine in the first room, but when I exited that room the screen was black, took forever to load the map, and when it finally did, the game started slowing down, my player would barely move, and when he did, it looked like he was sliding across because he didn't take any steps. It's the newest version of pokemon essentials and I haven't done anything to it yet. I have an older version from about a year ago and that one works perfectly fine and nothing goes wrong with it. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm going to be using the older version for now, but if somebody could help that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have also checked the scripts and I have not seen anything wrong with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back