• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help for Umbreon

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    My current Umbreon is this:

Baton Passer
    Bold Nature(+def-atk)
    Attacks:
    Moonlight
    Baton Pass
    Double Team

Can someone give my Umbreon another attack and also, does moonlight get powered by any weather condition?

Suggest any changes that should be made

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
    Years
    How about mean look? Mean look something that you're quite sure can't do enough to you so that you can't recover it off and double team away, then pass it.

Edit: Sunny Day powers up moonlight I think. Don't ask me how that works.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Give it an attacking attack, probably Faint Attack would work.
    Sunny Day changes Moonlight to Heal Full HP, and Rain Dance changes it to Heal 1/4 HP. At least I think so if I'm wrong don't yell at me ._.
    Don't give it any weather moves as the last one since you need an attack that does damage.

Kholdstaire

ph33r me. rawr
    Years
    • Age 37
    • NC
    • Seen May 1, 2006
    No, it isn't full HP. If a move could heal all HP, it'd be broken. It heals 2/3, I do believe, but I'm open to being wrong.

Anyway, Double Team whoring is so 2002....

-Tickle
    -Toxic
    -Moonlight
    -Return/Confuse Ray

Defensive wall. Pseudo-hazer. Send in against Cursers and Dragon Dancers.

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Kholdstaire said:
    No, it isn't full HP. If a move could heal all HP, it'd be broken. It heals 2/3, I do believe, but I'm open to being wrong.

Anyway, Double Team whoring is so 2002....

-Tickle
    -Toxic
    -Moonlight
    -Return/Confuse Ray

Defensive wall. Pseudo-hazer. Send in against Cursers and Dragon Dancers.

Rest heals all HP, but I know what you mean. Moonlight doesn't have any negative status effects.

Moonlight/Synthesis/Morning Sun:

in rain, hail, sandstorm: 1/3
    when normal: 1/2
    in sunlight: 2/3

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Umbreon- [def or sp.def + / sp.atk or atk -] @ leftovers
    EV: HP, def, sp.def
    -HP Dark / Return / Shadowball
    -toxic
    -wish / rest / moonlight
    -charm / tickle (if using physical attacks) / moonlight / wish / rest

I like Umbreon to be constantly healing over confuse ray personally... the most annoying thing ever. All Umbreons of 2005 MUST have a physical attack to fight off focus punch. It's too stabled nowadays that Umbreons cannot attack and out comes all the taunt users and focus punchers. Stop them immediately by packing yourself one physical attack to yeild off focus punch.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2005
    You're kidding. Stop trying to make pokemon standards, you have NO clue how to use Umbreon. Annoyers don't work, and neither does attacking Umbreon. Nice try, though.

EVA02

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 15, 2005
    Pokemon is chess said:
    You're kidding. Stop trying to make pokemon standards, you have NO clue how to use Umbreon. Annoyers don't work, and neither does attacking Umbreon. Nice try, though.
    hey dont go angry at them fer talking about a pokemon

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Pokemon is chess said:

forstweaver's Charm / Mean Look / Baton Pass / Rest (or whatever else) Umbreon works surprisingly well for a set-up to the BPed monster. I don't see any exclusively-attacking Umbreon, either.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2005
    HellishHades said:
    I don't see any exclusively-attacking Umbreon, either.

Umbreon- [def or sp.def + / sp.atk or atk -] @ leftovers
    EV: HP, def, sp.def
    -HP Dark / Return / Shadowball
    -toxic
    -wish / rest / moonlight
    -charm / tickle (if using physical attacks) / moonlight / wish / rest

I like Umbreon to be constantly healing over confuse ray personally... the most annoying thing ever. All Umbreons of 2005 MUST have a physical attack to fight off focus punch. It's too stabled nowadays that Umbreons cannot attack and out comes all the taunt users and focus punchers. Stop them immediately by packing yourself one physical attack to yeild off focus punch.

You have the reading comprehension of Jesus himself sir

NaVeR

That Guy from that Place
    Years
    Pokemon is chess... that doesn't really help... anyone -.-;

I'd say frostweaver's moveset is pretty decent...

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Relaxed (+Def, - Spd); Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def
    -Toxic/Confuse Ray
    -Screech/Quick Attack
    -Attract/Double Team/Confuse Ray
    -Mean Look

Attract is more effective, but Double Team is more versatile (like against Genderless Pok?mon). There are lots of more choices of course.

I'm not so good at making movesets^^;;

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
    Pokemon is chess said:
    You have the reading comprehension of Jesus himself sir

He did write in the sand once, sir. Any person to reference Jesus worth his salt would know that. That was a nice try, though.

randomPoke used Sub!
    Umbreon used Return!
    The Sub broke!

... and so on.

One attacking move can be useful.

Edit: Nor do I see an Umbreon that devotes four move slots to damage-dealing moves.

Exclusive (definition): Not allowing something else; incompatible.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2005
    So where exactly did I say he used a 4 attack Umbreon? Attacking Umbreon only suggests that he is using at least 1 attack, and a well made Umbreon set shouldn't have any. It is futile to argue with me, I'm one of the worlds best at pokemon :(

ps I dont believe in God or Jesus I just like using his name

but it's cool that you will try to pull **** and act like you have any clue about what you are talking about

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2005
    NaVeR said:
    Pokemon is chess... that doesn't really help... anyone -.-;

I'd say frostweaver's moveset is pretty decent...

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Relaxed (+Def, - Spd); Synchronize
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def
    -Toxic/Confuse Ray
    -Screech/Quick Attack
    -Attract/Double Team/Confuse Ray
    -Mean Look

Attract is more effective, but Double Team is more versatile (like against Genderless Pok?mon). There are lots of more choices of course.

I'm not so good at making movesets^^;;

yeah I agree

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Tanking is what Umbreon is for, but weakness to focus punch with a standard of 4 non damage dealing moves is just asking for focus punch... possible to say "what if the opponent doesn't have focus punch?' Well what if they do? =/

Doesn't take much skill to predict that 98% of Umbreons out there just die to focus punch even if substitute isn't out there... best to be the 2% and stop the opponent from getting free focus punch. Plus, what's the point of playing a whole team of standard? Have to go out and try new things, and that's how new strategies get developped ^^

(but Umbreon cannot break 101 subs unless it's super effective)

Umbreon can go offensive as well, but then you must revert to curseons with shadow ball and return, and hp physical and etc...

And don't risk yourself to be close to getting a warning already for unnecessary rudeness or flaming =/ Let's just leave Christ out of this petty discussion...

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2005
    Cool, Baton Pass goes before Focus Punch. Shadow Ball is such a great idea :) Watch out Medicham/Heracross, Shadow Ball is HERE TO STOP YOU

edit: I sure do try out new stuff, most of the new standards on NB were developed by me. I can use my common sense though and tell you an attacking Umbreon will never work, however

Back