• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Help importing maps from pokefirered into pokeemerald

stickdynasty

Ruler of the Stick People
Years
  • Hey all, I am a bit new to this whole thing, but thought I could ask for some help. I ran across UltimaSoul's pokefireredemerald fork from a year ago while poking my way through decomp hacking. Pokeemerald has way more support and because of that many more features, but I want to start with the base Kanto maps/tilesets. By the looks of it Ultima's work would suit me well. I was able to merge it with pokeemerald+dizzy's work but ran into some problems that I struggled to get through.

First off, I deleted all events as those are not present in pokeemerald natively. Then I went to compile and ran into errors. The background music, map type and battle scenes all needed to be switched to something that pokeemerald had defined. Even after doing that for a handful of maps, they were erroring when compiled (I did not do all maps just to see what effect those changes had).

Then I followed the PORTINGMAPS.md Ultima made for the repository, but I still run into the errors above after everything.

I write all that to write this: is there a better way to go about this? Like a method of merging all necessary data for firered's maps (except events) into emerald?

All help and explanations are greatly appreciated.

Back