• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me choose a new game!

Which game should I buy after playing up to generation 2?

• Ruby

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sapphire

• Diamond

• Pearl

• Platinum

• Black

• White

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    Hi. To ask the question I want to ask, I need to tell you a bit about myself to help you answer me.. I used to play the first generation games when they first released, and quit right before G/S came out.. I just recently played SS and have previously played Blue and Yellow.. Since I happened to get a nice Gamestop gift card as a christmas present early, I was considering buying one of the next gen games but can't decide which to get.. I am considering either Black or White so I can have people to play with, or RSE (since its next in line) or DPP (cause they're on DS)...

Can you guys help suggest a game to get? I'm really considering either Emerald, Platinum, or B/W the most, since I was under the impression that the Directors Cut games (like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum) were better than the original duos.. But I don't know.. That's why I've come here to ask some people more educated in the matter.

So if you had only played the first two generations, which game would you get next? a gen 3 game or are the newer games good enough to skip forward to? I'm posting a poll for people to vote in, but I would really appreciate for people to post reasons as well as vote if you can!
    Thanks to anyone who answers! You really are helping me out immensely! Thanks guys!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Can you guys help suggest a game to get?
    Download the Pokemon Emerald ROM, then getting Pokemon Platinum (thats my opinion)

So if you had only played the first two generations, which game would you get next?
    I would get the 3rd generation game so I can memorize and have a better feel of the 3rd generation Pokemon because in my opinion if you get the current generation, remembering all of the Pokemon will be a bit overwhelming. Instead of you getting Ruby and Sapphire, get Pokemon Emerald because you will be able to get both Kyogre and Groudon. Like I stated earlier you can download a ROM of these games to save you some money.

:t354:TG

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's best to go in order, so next would be as the above poster said Pokémon Emerald followed by Pokémon Platinum as they both contain features of both RS & DP and more, then it's your choice on Black & White.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
    Agreeing with the previous posts, I suggest getting Emerald first (best Pokemon game IMO), then Platinum then Black or White :)

Plus if you go by the order they were released, you will appreciate the graphics of each a lot more.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Agree with previous posts, yadda yadda, if you have questions about certain games, whether they be about the games themselves or even for in-game help, please use the appropriate Q&A thread. Each section has one. Thanks!

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back