• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me fix my team

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2015
    I have a decent idea of what Pokemon I want to use, but I want to get people's opinion on it before I attempt to IV breed and EV train them.

Alakazam:
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Timid
    -Psychic
    -Shadow Ball
    -Dazzling Gleam
    -Focus Blast
    EV spread: 252 SpA, 4 HP, 252 Speed

Venusaur:
    Item: Venusaur
    Ability: doesn't matter
    Nature: Modest
    -Giga Drain
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Leech Seed
    -Calm Mind
    EV spread: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Speed

Sylveon:
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Cute Charm
    Nature: Calm
    -Toxic
    -Moonblast
    -Protect
    -Light Screen
    EV spread: 252 HP, 4 SpA, 252 SpD

Haxorus:
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Nature: Adamant
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw
    -Brick Break
    EV spread: 4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Speed

Skarmory:
    Item: Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish
    -Acrobatics
    -Stealth Rock
    -Spikes
    -Steel Wing
    EV spread: 252 HP, 160 Def, 96 SpD

Aegislash:
    Item: Shell Bell (leftovers if I can get it)
    Ability: Stance Change
    Nature: Brave
    -King's Shield
    -Sacred Sword
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Gyro Ball
    EV spread: 252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Def

Any help would be much appreciated :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Venusaur can't even learn Calm Mind. Outside of sun (this team isn't a sun team), it should take advantage of its Mega form's increased bulk:
    -Giga Drain/Power Whip
    -Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder
    -Earthquake
    -Synthesis
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Venusaurite

or
    -Giga Drain/Leech Seed
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Synthesis/Protect
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Item: Venusaurite

Sylveon should be using a physically defensive spread because its main resists are often physical, while its special bulk is good enough already:
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Moonblast
    -Shadow Ball/Hidden Power (Fire)
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

or
    -Calm Mind
    -Moonblast
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fire)
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 Spe

Skarmory can't learn Acrobatics. Stealth Rock isn't available till Poke Bank:
    -Spikes
    -Whirlwind
    -Roost
    -Brave Bird/Taunt
    Nature: Impish/Careful
    EVs: 224 HP/252 Def/32 SDef or 224 HP/32 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
    Ability: Sturdy

While King's Shield + 3 physical attacks Aegislash is viable, it's walled by physical walls like Hippowdon. King's Shield is somewhat easy to play around as well:
    -King's Shield
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head/Sacred Sword
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SAtk

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Autotomize
    -Shadow Claw
    -Iron Head/Sacred Sword
    EVs: 88 HP/252 Atk/168 Spe

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head
    -Sacred Sword
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SAtk
    Item: Life Orb/Spooky Plate/Spell Tag

or
    -Swords Dance
    -King's Shield/Shadow Claw
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head/Sacred Sword
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe

or
    -Autotomize
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Iron Head/Sacred Sword
    Nature: Rash
    EVs: 88 Atk/252 SAtk/168 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Weakness Policy

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I wanna point out that your team looks weak to Greninja right now. It'll be a threat to most of your team, and it looks like (at a glance) Alakazam and his Focus Sash and Sylveon are your only answers to it. But Alakazam is situational (since his sash must be usable on the turn he attacks Greninja), and you should really find a more reliable counter to it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I wanna point out that your team looks weak to Greninja right now. It'll be a threat to most of your team, and it looks like (at a glance) Alakazam and his Focus Sash and Sylveon are your only answers to it. But Alakazam is situational (since his sash must be usable on the turn he attacks Greninja), and you should really find a more reliable counter to it.

This team isn't that vulnerable to Greninja because of Venusaur as well. You seem to have forgotten that Mega Venusaur has Thick Fat, which makes moves like Ice Beam and Flamethrower neutralities on it.

And to add, Haxorus is best off using boosting sets, and it's walled badly by Fairies now:
    -Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake/Taunt
    -Poison Jab
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 120 HP/252 Atk/136 Spe or 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Yache Berry
    Ability: Mold Breaker

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2015
    While King's Shield + 3 physical attacks Aegislash is viable, it's walled by physical walls like Hippowdon. King's Shield is somewhat easy to play around as well:
    -King's Shield
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head/Sacred Sword
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SAtk

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Autotomize
    -Shadow Claw
    -Iron Head/Sacred Sword
    EVs: 88 HP/252 Atk/168 Spe

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head
    -Sacred Sword
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SAtk
    Item: Life Orb/Spooky Plate/Spell Tag

or
    -Swords Dance
    -King's Shield/Shadow Claw
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head/Sacred Sword
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe

or
    -Autotomize
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Iron Head/Sacred Sword
    Nature: Rash
    EVs: 88 Atk/252 SAtk/168 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Weakness Policy

If I were to go with the special set for Aegislash, would you suggest I go with flash cannon instead of Iron head or something like that. Based on your suggestions I think that
    -King's Shield
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Flash Cannon
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Att
    Item: Leftovers (once again when I can find some, so shell bell will be temporary)

And also good catch on the Sylveon set. I forgot that most resistances are for physical attackers. I'll change that.
    And one last question, how in the world am I expected to find all these leftovers when I have no shinies

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    If I were to go with the special set for Aegislash, would you suggest I go with flash cannon instead of Iron head or something like that. Based on your suggestions I think that
    -King's Shield
    -Shadow Ball
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Flash Cannon
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Att
    Item: Leftovers (once again when I can find some, so shell bell will be temporary)

And also good catch on the Sylveon set. I forgot that most resistances are for physical attackers. I'll change that.
    And one last question, how in the world am I expected to find all these leftovers when I have no shinies
    What's the point of using a Brave nature when Aegislash's Attack is barely invested in at all? The King's Shield + 3 attacks set uses a Quiet nature because Shadow Ball is the main move. Shadow Sneak is mainly for picking off weakened opponents, while Iron Head/Sacred Sword provide coverage for whatever Shadow Ball can't touch. Iron Head was suggested because Fairies tend to be weak on their physical Defense.

If you're strapped for items, use the mixed 4 attacks Aegislash set or the mixed Autotomize set. The former uses Spooky Plate/Spell Tag as one of its potential items to power up Shadow Ball and Shadow Sneak. The latter set uses Weakness Policy as an item to give Aegislash a sharp boost to both its Attack and Special Attack when it's hit by a super effective move; Shield Forme Aegislash is relatively bulky, so it can take a super effective hit or two easily. Once that's done, it can set up Autotomize and sweep.

I know that Aegislash without King's Shield seems crazy at first, but both mixed Aegislash sets are meant to serve as offensive pivots.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2015
    Alright I guess this is the time to test sets out. So the automize set will definitely catch my opponents off guard. I think that's clever. I'll go with that and a spooky plate. I'm assuming the nature would need to be quiet or something along those lines? Thanks for the great input. I'm definitely a noob at this whole teambuilding.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    This team isn't that vulnerable to Greninja because of Venusaur as well. You seem to have forgotten that Mega Venusaur has Thick Fat, which makes moves like Ice Beam and Flamethrower neutralities on it.

I was thinking of Extrasensory. Don't Greninjas normally run Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Extrasensory on the same set? I'm speaking from my limited experience on wifi random battles, but that seemed pretty common to me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I was thinking of Extrasensory. Don't Greninjas normally run Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Extrasensory on the same set? I'm speaking from my limited experience on wifi random battles, but that seemed pretty common to me.

Greninja very rarely uses Extrasensory. Outside of dealing with Tentacruel and Toxicroak, its use is limited.

Back